• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui by the Sea, what a glorious place to be!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from 2 great weeks at the Maui Ocean Club.

It was not the ideal situation wearing a mask through the entire airport/airplane process which for us from the east coast was basically 13 hours but at the end of the day well worth it to have such an amazing trip to our beloved MOC. We did the Vault Saliva Test which turned out to be a very effecient process but still pretty tight given we were coming from NY. Had our results in plenty of time and with that getting through the airport was maybe an extra 20 minutes.

After picking p the car with Alamo "skip the line and go" we were on our way to Costco in no time. We landed at 4pm, did Costco and were checked in, unloaded and were sitting at the Hula Grill by 7pm.It was the start of the best family vacation we ever had. It’s unfortunate that it was a result of the Covid virus but it truly was a wonderful experience because of the reduced tourism. We were there 10/31-11/14. The first week was a relative ghost town but it definitely started picking up the 2nd week but still only 50% in my estimation.

I'd equate the experience to like going to DisneyWorld and being able to go to the front of the line for every ride. The best snorkel spots with only a handful of people, having Napili and Lahaina pools to ourselves a few nights and few others in them otherwise, enjoying the beachfront walkway without a horde of runners, all the beaches with plenty of room to spread out.

We were in a 3BDRM Napili 6th unit for the entire 2 weeks that was simply spectacular. We actually got these 2 weeks through II, trading (2) 1BDRM units and upgrading to the 3BDRM within 60 days. We then had friends "use" the studio for both weeks so this trip was also an amazing value. With respect to the elevator use and social distancing most were very respectful but some just weren't. I had a guy without mask just jump right in the elevator with me. Otherwise around the resort most were wearing masks while walking but nobody did when just sunbathing which we did because that appears to be the rules. From my view the main offenders were the locals and the locals must be getting great rental offers because on the weekends there were alot of them at the resort.

As always we did the Road to Hana. We were very concerned about going to Hana because we heard bathrooms were closed but we found plenty open to enjoy the trip and we did the whole trip around the back side which we always love to do. We stopped at every stand that was opened and bought something and added a nice tip to do our part for the locals. We also hit every waterfall and jump in for a swim. This starts at Twin Falls and then there are 2 or 3 more we swim in along the way. Then no trip is complete without some body surfing at one of the nicest beaches in the world Hamoa Beach just outside of Hana. I just don’t know if I can have more fun with clothes one than body surfing at Hamoa Beach.

However the highlight of this trip is after 9 Road to Hana adventures we finally found Charles Lindbergh's grave site. It really wasn't that hard in retrospective but there are no signs that say "this way" and only partially hidden landmarks that we just always had difficulty locating. His gravesite is in the courtyard of a small church overlooking the water. We were so excited to finally find it and it was a beautiful setting.

Another road trip we always take is north of the MOC to Honolua Bay, Napili Bay Beach and the Kapalua Coastal Trail that we really enjoy. We usually do this several times a trip because its a quick and easy trek and the different beaches are just so nice.

We also always take day trips to the other amazing beaches Maui has to offer. We loved the Makena beach area and enjoyed a day at Big Beach and a swim at Little Beach right next door. Another great beach that way is Keawakapu Beach which was my favorite this trip because we just had perfect weather and water conditions when we went so it made for a great day of family fun.

Regarding the restaurants, a good number of our favorites were opened with many others appearing to be close to opening but you could tell many of the smaller places that probably did good when things were bustling are now closed and its a shame to think many won't reopen. I will say the good ones I think will prosper as a result because they were doing well while we were there. Our favorite "Down the Hatch" has the best grilled and fried fish in town, They have many other great dishes and coupons for a free lava lava shrimp appetizer in alot of different shops and discount books so that was a nice savings each meal. Also enjoyed Freda's Mexican and Cool Cat's on Friday's who had this great musician we enjoyed while having $4 Mai Tais.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Sounds like an awesome trip. Lindbergh’s grave was one of the highlights of our first trip on the road to Hana.
It is truly a unique experience being able to be here during this strange time.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD

I'd equate the experience to like going to DisneyWorld and being able to go to the front of the line for every ride. The best snorkel spots with only a handful of people, having Napili and Lahaina pools to ourselves a few nights and few others in them otherwise, enjoying the beachfront walkway without a horde of runners, all the beaches with plenty of room to spread out.
We'll be there soon. Looking forward to only a handful of people.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like a wonderful trip! So glad you were able to have such a great time! Probably made extra nice with such reduced crowds.

KoOlina was fairly quiet our first few weeks here but is definitely picking up. Someone said there will be 90% occupancy this coming week. We’re hoping it quiets down a little bit again because people are getting more and more relaxed about face masks and social distancing. The resort isn’t really doing anything about it as far as we can see.

It was not the ideal situation wearing a mask through the entire airport/airplane process which for us from the east coast was basically 13 hours but at the end of the day well worth it to have such an amazing trip to our beloved MOC. We did the Vault Saliva Test which turned out to be a very effecient process but still pretty tight given we were coming from NY. Had our results in plenty of time and with that getting through the airport was maybe an extra 20 minutes.

After picking p the car with Alamo "skip the line and go" we were on our way to Costco in no time. We landed at 4pm, did Costco and were checked in, unloaded and were sitting at the Hula Grill by 7pm.It was the start of the best family vacation we ever had. It’s unfortunate that it was a result of the Covid virus but it truly was a wonderful experience because of the reduced tourism. We were there 10/31-11/14. The first week was a relative ghost town but it definitely started picking up the 2nd week but still only 50% in my estimation.

We were in a 3BDRM Napili 6th unit for the entire 2 weeks that was simply spectacular. We actually got these 2 weeks through II, trading (2) 1BDRM units and upgrading to the 3BDRM within 60 days. We then had friends "use" the studio for both weeks so this trip was also an amazing value. With respect to the elevator use and social distancing most were very respectful but some just weren't. I had a guy without mask just jump right in the elevator with me. Otherwise around the resort most were wearing masks while walking but nobody did when just sunbathing which we did because that appears to be the rules. From my view the main offenders were the locals and the locals must be getting great rental offers because on the weekends there were alot of them at the resort.

As always we did the Road to Hana. We were very concerned about going to Hana because we heard bathrooms were closed but we found plenty open to enjoy the trip and we did the whole trip around the back side which we always love to do. We stopped at every stand that was opened and bought something and added a nice tip to do our part for the locals. We also hit every waterfall and jump in for a swim. This starts at Twin Falls and then there are 2 or 3 more we swim in along the way. Then no trip is complete without some body surfing at one of the nicest beaches in the world Hamoa Beach just outside of Hana. I just don’t know if I can have more fun with clothes one than body surfing at Hamoa Beach.

However the highlight of this trip is after 9 Road to Hana adventures we finally found Charles Lindbergh's grave site. It really wasn't that hard in retrospective but there are no signs that say "this way" and only partially hidden landmarks that we just always had difficulty locating. His gravesite is in the courtyard of a small church overlooking the water. We were so excited to finally find it and it was a beautiful setting.

Another road trip we always take is north of the MOC to Honolua Bay, Napili Bay Beach and the Kapalua Coastal Trail that we really enjoy. We usually do this several times a trip because its a quick and easy trek and the different beaches are just so nice.

We also always take day trips to the other amazing beaches Maui has to offer. We loved the Makena beach area and enjoyed a day at Big Beach and a swim at Little Beach right next door. Another great beach that way is Keawakapu Beach which was my favorite this trip because we just had perfect weather and water conditions when we went so it made for a great day of family fun.

Regarding the restaurants, a good number of our favorites were opened with many others appearing to be close to opening but you could tell many of the smaller places that probably did good when things were bustling are now closed and its a shame to think many won't reopen. I will say the good ones I think will prosper as a result because they were doing well while we were there. Our favorite "Down the Hatch" has the best grilled and fried fish in town, They have many other great dishes and coupons for a free lava lava shrimp appetizer in alot of different shops and discount books so that was a nice savings each meal. Also enjoyed Freda's Mexican and Cool Cat's on Friday's who had this great musician we enjoyed while having $4 Mai Tais.