• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Beaches

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be in Maui, Lahaina, for a week in August. Could someone please direct me to a good swimmable beach. Is there a site I could go to with a map or directions to various beaches in Maui? thanks for any help you can provide.

Also, any suggestions for first timers? We already have a luau scheduled but what else would you suggest to do?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow .... I'm so impressed! Yes we are on Ka'anapoli and I just love what I'm
seeing. Can't believe I got this trade. Even if we are facing the road, which we probably will since we are an exchanger....who cares?? Look at that view! Can this view be seen from the swimming pool? We are at WKORV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
WKORV is on the same beach, but on the other side of Black Rock - which is great, because it's not nearly as crowded. In the first picture I posted, WKORV is behind the photographer.

Did you trade into WKROV or WKORV - North?

westin_kaanapali_villas_2.jpg

Last edited:

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's KAA, I think that is South. Never having been there, not sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The picture above is from the South Phase - the pool is right between the 2 buildings shown.

Here is the whole resort:

mr-westinkaanapali.jpg

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow......I'm as happy as a pig in "poo". Thanks Denise. You are soooo "Johnny on the Spot" all the time. Don't know what I'd do without you! How could I e-mail that picture to my best friend and her DH who will be traveling with us?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I am assuming you are going to be on Ka'anapali Beach since that is the resort area with a Lahaina address. Ka'anapali Beach is the "Waikiki" of Maui. It has miles of beautiful beach. You will be able to swim directly in front of your resort.

When you use one of Vincent K. Tylor's beautiful photos, you should give him credit for it:

http://www.hawaiianphotos.net/detail.aspx?ID=106

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
so is the south Bldgs. #2,3,4. or are they on the opposite side?

South is #2, 3, & 4. I would ask nicely not to be put in 4 - the only building at the resort with highway views.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
WKORV is my wife's favorite resort-Beach in Hawaii

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It is indeed an exceptional picture, but I didn't get it from his website, so had no idea who the Photog was.

He put many of his Hawaii photos on webshots.com where anybody can download them. He often added comments to describe how he was able to get each shot. I see prints of his photos in gift shops all over Hawaii.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He put many of his Hawaii photos on webshots.com where anybody can download them. He often added comments to describe how he was able to get each shot. I see prints of his photos in gift shops all over Hawaii.

I looked at some of his other photos on his webpage after you posted the link - just beautiful!

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
And I really prefer the WKORV south pool for it's quietness! The other pools are really easy to get to if that is what you prefere- the two resorts are intertwined. I ws just there for two weeks and am really sad to be back in the cold.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There a number of nice beaches in and around Lahaina but our favorite beach is Homoa Beach just outside of Hana. Its a salt and pepper sand beach with usually the perfect wave height for casual body surfing. A slice of paradise is what it is.

http://www.cambrafamily.com/Maui_by_the_sea.html

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Keawakapu Beach

Hawaii has so many nice beaches, but our favorite is Keawakapu Beach:

http://www.mauibeachguide.com/Keawakapu_Beach.html

One year we stayed at Wailea Ekahi Village which fronts Keawakapu Beach. The beach is a nice golden sand, the waves are small enough for swimming, but big enough for boogie boarding, and at the south end are lava rocks with good snorkeling. What more could you ask for? When I went snorkeling by the lava rocks, I saw many fish and a green sea turtle that didn't seem to mind me swimming up close to him. It's also the only place I've been able to hear whales singing when I was under water.

hgjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
[You may not post links to your own commercial website on TUG. - DeniseM Moderator]

hgjames

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oops, looks like I posted a link I am not allowed to.

If you do a search in Google for "Maui beaches" you'll find a resource that lists all the most popular tourist beaches, includes maps, and aerial and panoramic (180 - 360 degree photos). I think it's quite useful, especially if you want to get a really good idea of what a beach "feels" like.

BTW, since my previous post was moderated, I feel it only fare to point out that the photos that are inserted directly into posts are also a violation of forum guidelines :ponder:

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am assuming you are going to be on Ka'anapali Beach since that is the resort area with a Lahaina address. Ka'anapali Beach is the "Waikiki" of Maui. It has miles of beautiful beach. You will be able to swim directly in front of your resort.

Here is a list of posts about Maui Activities - https://www.google.com/search?client=gmail&rls=gm&q="maui activities"site:tugbbs.com&safe=active

Change of subject! Denise in reading your rental website you listed that to rent or be a guest you must be 25 years old. Is this just your website or is this other resorts rules. I never heard of this ruling and have rented in Orlando and Tahoe for my daughter and never been told she needed to be 25 years old. :shrug:

Reason I'm asking is because we are starting to look for honeymoon resort in Maui for May or June and Chris is 24 and Heather will be 23 years old at that time. If I'm understanding you no one under 25 years of age could stay at a timeshare resort which makes no sense!

PHIL

:ponder:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Phil - I believe you are looking at the rental terms on my website -

"All guests must be 25 years of age, or accompanied by a parent or guardian. The primary person listed on the confirmation must be 25 years of age."

That means that I will not rent to a young adult under the age of 25. If a parent over the age of 25 rents a timeshare from me, they can, of course bring their children of any age.

That rule is designed to avoid renting to the "spring break crowd." It is my rule - not the resorts.

I believe most resorts are 18 or 21 - so your young people should be OK.

Last edited:

amanven

TUG Member
Reaction score
And I really prefer the WKORV south pool for it's quietness! The other pools are really easy to get to if that is what you prefere- the two resorts are intertwined. I ws just there for two weeks and am really sad to be back in the cold.

I am here at WKORV now and the north pool is actually the quieter one right now. Tons of loungers avaliable and only a dozen people in the pool at any given time.
The place is gorgeous, and even if you are in building 4 the rooms are great. We have a corner lock off in building 4 that has a great view with no parking lot to look at so as far as I'm concerned building 4 isn't all that bad. At the moment, building 3 is receiving exterior paint so there is a lot of scaffolding around parts of that building for people in building 2 to view.