• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Mattresses used by MVC?

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MCP, MGO, Destination Points
We are in the market for a new mattress at home and my wife and I love the mattresses we have when we are at the MVC resorts. Does anyone know if these can be purchased for residential use? Are they the same mattresses used at Marriott hotels that can be purchased through Marriott?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You can purchase through Shop Marriott. We have done a lot of looking, the problem is that the mattresses across different resorts is so inconsistent, we really have no idea which one we would get when ordering.

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you call the Shop Marriott person forefinger mattresses they will ask which resort you are trying to replicate. We went part way through almost ready to purchase but never did. The website has lots of info on the beds.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MCP, MGO, Destination Points
I just did a chat with Shop Marriott and she said I would need to check with the general manager at the resort to confirm which one of the Marriott beds they use. I guess they have a choice between foam or inner spring. Thanks for the help.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Does the discount apply to the bedding as well, or just the mattress? We need a new comforter set, too.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Does the discount apply to the bedding as well, or just the mattress? We need a new comforter set, too.
If you are referring to the 40% discount as a Bonvoy choice benefit, we had the same question and emailed them yesterday. They responded quickly that it only applies to mattress and box spring. They are currently running a 25% discount offer that also applies to bedding.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
If you are referring to the 40% discount as a Bonvoy choice benefit, we had the same question and emailed them yesterday. They responded quickly that it only applies to mattress and box spring. They are currently running a 25% discount offer that also applies to bedding.
Thanks, Jeremy. That's what I was looking for.

KarenP

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought what I thought was the mattress that the MVC I stayed at had. I checked the number on the tag and everything when I was at the resort. When it was delivered, it was definitely not the same mattress. But, no returns so I gave it away.

cissy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. The mattress I received was not at all what I expected, and it was not cheap. I ended up giving it away.

Old Hickory

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I did this several years ago, I found that the Marriott mattress was manufactured by Jamison and it's just a cheap foam mattress that was replaced often. I was told by Jamison the key for Marriott was to replace often. Others may have found a different story... but that's mine.

I've since researched the market to find what material of mattress I wanted so I just go with that. Material means cheap foam, box spring, memory foam, latex foam, or a combination of some. And the covering can be synthetic or natural. We now buy an inexpensive majority latex foam natural covering mattress from Costco. The last one was $499 delivered in a box and called a Ghost Bed.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We love the Westin Heavenly bed. You can get it with or without pillow top. We first slept in one at Westin St John in 2007 and came home and ordered one. You can often find 40% off coupons online.
I love my bed!

dpete

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought 3 of the Marriott mattresses from the shop at home sight. They are NOT the same as the MVC mattresses! They are not bad but if I had known I would have not purchased them. This was about one year ago by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Well - I haven't heard one positive review so I guess no Marriott bed for us.

dpete

TUG Member
Reaction score
We love the Westin Heavenly bed. You can get it with or without pillow top. We first slept in one at Westin St John in 2007 and came home and ordered one. You can often find 40% off coupons online.
I love my bed!

Are you still loving your Westin mattress? Did you get the pillowtop? I love them but my husband likes a firm bed for his back so I worry about the pillowtop. I got a 40% coupon from Marriott for any of their brands.. Ritz Westin JW Marriott etc and just trying to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can purchase through Shop Marriott. We have done a lot of looking, the problem is that the mattresses across different resorts is so inconsistent, we really have no idea which one we would get when ordering.

Yeah, we did this last year. Had to ask while there which mattress they were using. When we were at the Ritz in Vail, I slept better than I had in years and went from terrible nightly pain to 10-12 hours sleep for the first few days, couldn't believe it! So, we bought that bed and been great ever since at home. Used the annual choice benefit discount.

There are several different Marriott beds. Ours was the Artesia bed and wasn't on the online site, had to call it in. For us, the best bed but everyone different. These are much different than any of the "S" brands which all use cheap memory foam now. Best bed we've ever owned.

Last edited:

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thought about it two years ago. Called the order line with a couple questions. They wanted to know which resort we were at so they could help us choose the mattress we liked. We passed. Ended up with Duxiana. Happy end to the search.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk