• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CFT SALES

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QuarterHouse, New Orleans
Has anyone ever heard of this "company?" Matt Porter at CFT sales

They offer to find you a buyer, pay a $625 fee only when you accept an offer. If the buyer doesn't close, you get double your $625 back at the end of the 18 month contract period (or $500 if they can't find you a buyer.

I am suspicious because I cannot find anything about these names or phone # on the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
@Yankee if you are trying to get rid of your Quarter House unit you shouldn’t need too much help. It’s a very popular timeshare. Post it for sale here on TUG, redweek, MyResortNetwork, etc.

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@Yankee if you are trying to get rid of your Quarter House unit you shouldn’t need too much help. It’s a very popular timeshare. Post it for sale here on TUG, redweek, MyResortNetwork, etc.

Thank you. I will join TUG, today. I have had it listed on Red Week for a year, but I am getting only a couple of. bottom fishers. I was unaware of MyResortNetwork.

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just another form of a SCAM.

At the end of 18 months they'll be out of business and long gone. You'll never see a nickel.

Thank you. You confirm my suspicions.

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

You wrote "etc." Where else would you recommend I list my units for sale?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

I would post a listing on eBay with bidding start at $1.

I would also post in the New Orleans section of Craigslist (assuming that is the one you are trying to unload).

Additionally, I would contact the Resort itself to see if they would take back the Deed.

Best of luck!

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would post a listing on eBay with bidding start at $1.

I would also post in the New Orleans section of Craigslist (assuming that is the one you are trying to unload).

Additionally, I would contact the Resort itself to see if they would take back the Deed.

Best of luck!

Thank you. I will look into Craigslist, New Orleans.

I wasn't looking to dump, but to sell at a reasonable price.
Because my units are in and around the most desirable periods (Jazz Fest & French Quarter Fest) the Resort was willing to buy them.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, at least I can get their names out on the internet to alert people.

You can do that if you wish. It wouldn't hurt. Just keep in mind that these scammers constantly rotate and change their names, even though the principals behind them remain the same, in order to evade the authorities and the bad reviews posted on line about them.

For instance, the scammer you just listed in your OP likely ran, or is running, a similar scam under a different name.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't know about the specific value of the week or the resort, but if you are trying to sell and have it listed and it hasn't sold, it is probably listed for too high of an asking price. The reality of what something is worth vs what someone thinks it is worth is usually pretty far apart.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
eBay, marketplace on tug, Facebook sometimes

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can do that if you wish. It wouldn't hurt. Just keep in mind that these scammers constantly rotate and change their names, even though the principals behind them remain the same, in order to evade the authorities and the bad reviews posted on line about them.

For instance, the scammer you just listed in your OP likely ran, or is running, a similar scam under a different name.

You are probably right.

Yankee

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't know about the specific value of the week or the resort, but if you are trying to sell and have it listed and it hasn't sold, it is probably listed for too high of an asking price. The reality of what something is worth vs what someone thinks it is worth is usually pretty far apart.

Thank you.

The price I am asking is just a little above (to give a little room for negotiation) what the Resort is telling me honestly they actually expect to receive on reselling units.
Sadly, there are an awful lot of bottom fishers roaming the internet.

Last edited:

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Unless the resort has made you a real offer to purchase the unit back from you, I would take their suggestion with a grain of salt. Resorts will often inflate what they tell owners the resale value is as they do not want people to get a sense that their unit ownership has devalued. I can’t blame them for this as they are trying to protect their business but it is deceptive and sets a false sense of value with many people looking to get out of their TS and helps to feed the upfront fee scammer business. I am not saying that your specific resort is doing this, just suggesting you consider this view point.

The most reliable source would be looking at what these unit have actually sold for on eBay and comparing that with what they are listed for. Check the listings on RedWeek, TUG Marketplace and any of the other sites already suggested. That should allow you to set your expectation correctly. I searched RW and saw many listings in the 3-5K range but that doesn’t disclose what past units have actually sold for.

ripoff

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Seas, Daytona Beach, FLA
Has anyone ever heard of this "company?"

They offer to find you a buyer, pay a $625 fee only when you accept an offer. If the buyer doesn't close, you get double your $625 back at the end of the 18 month contract period (or $500 if they can't find you a buyer.

I am suspicious because I cannot find anything about these names or phone # on the internet.
Yes, unfortunately! Don't do it. Contracted with him/CFT 18 mos ago. Got a supposed "purchase interest". At the time I signed up I didn't have to send any money until there was a sale. That happened after many many back and forth emails with the "buyer" so I was to pay them $425. Not even a week even after I paid the $425 the "buyer" corresponded that she was diagnosed with cancer and was backing out of the sale. I contacted Matt Porter to get my money back and he said I had to wait until the 18 mos had passed. That was the middle of this month. Tried over 25 times since the day my contract was up to contact him, CFT and EchoinnovateIT who took my credit card money.
No one has responded and I am out $425. These people don't have a human bone in their body. SCAM SCAM SCAM. DON'T DO IT!

On a side thought, isn't it convenient this sale was terminated right after they got my money. I believe, Matt Porter was playing the buyer to me via those countless emails and there never was a "buyer" at all. Pretty sad.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Of course there was never any buyer! Matt is still learning his English and Scamming skills somewhere in the world (and maybe even in a prison)........

Folks, NEVER pay upfront to sell your unwanted Timeshare. Any legitimate Company will never ask for any fee in advance! Why would they when they can easily deduct their fees from the proceeds? This is what Brokers do when they sell your house; why wouldn't they do the same when they sell your timeshare?

And, if you think it's worth nothing (many Timeshares are) then take a moment to give it away here on TUG. You can advertise it under "Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals" and with any luck you'll find a taker for free!

Last edited:

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
...I paid the $425...

Unfortunately you are now on a "sucker list". Your name and number are going to be passed around to other scammers who will contact you. This same scammer will likely contact you again under a different name. As well, you might be contacted again with an offer to get back the money you lost in the original scam. Then, of course, there's the scam or shady operations of those who say they can get you out of your TS or TS contract.

Yes, the scams are endless. If you are looking to sell or just simply get rid of your TS, stick around here on TUG. Many will help you and there are a number of articles and sticky threads here that will help you avoid falling for further scams.

ripoff

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Of course there was never any buyer! Matt is still learning his English and Scamming skills somewhere in the world (and maybe even in a prison)........

Folks, NEVER pay upfront to sell your unwanted Timeshare. Any legitimate Company will never ask for any fee in advance! Why would they when they can easily deduct their fees from the proceeds? This is what Brokers do when they sell your house; why wouldn't they do the same when they sell your timeshare?

And, if you think it's worth nothing (many Timeshares are) then take a moment to give it away here on TUG. You can advertise it under "Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals" and with any luck you'll find a taker for free!

Do you know of a lawyer that has actually settled a case against this company?

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you file a complain with your credit card company, You have up to 4 month from day of payment.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know of a lawyer that has actually settled a case against this company?

Unless you can find out exactly where this person is then I am afraid a Lawyer is out of the question. Besides, what Lawyer would bother going after a $425 debt? His/her fee would far exceed that amount.

Now, if you could organize a class action suit then that may be a different matter......

Your best bet would be to contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office (of the State CFT is located in) and let them handle it for you and it won't cost you a nickel. Again, you will need to know exactly where in the USA this person operates from. If it's out of the country then I would say you are plum out of luck.

ripoff

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate your time.

I just hope my story helps someone else not fall for this CFT company. How do these people sleep at night is beyond me.