• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Math

AndySamuels

Reaction score
Atlantic Palace is super cheap some weeks of the year.

3K points for a 1BR

10K points with $1164 MF: $0.1164 per point

$350 for the week. Cheap.

Vegas is 6K points for a 1BR some weeks.

$700 for the week. Not cheap.

Need to check some other spots also.

One challenge with BlueGreen is the week stay requirement: especially with Spirit / Frontier flexibility is key to get bottom pricing.

Yes: I am a cheapskate.

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
This resort is located in Atlantic City, NJ on the brioadwalk.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Atlantic Palace is super cheap some weeks of the year.

3K points for a 1BR

10K points with $1164 MF: $0.1164 per point

$350 for the week. Cheap.

Vegas is 6K points for a 1BR some weeks.

$700 for the week. Not cheap.

Need to check some other spots also.

One challenge with BlueGreen is the week stay requirement: especially with Spirit / Frontier flexibility is key to get bottom pricing.

Yes: I am a cheapskate.
The more seasonal a location the lower the points for off season.

AndySamuels

Reaction score
Of course.

Each time I do the math it does not seem TS' really save enough $ to offset the longterm commitment and lock-in.

lopertc

Reaction score
Of course.

Each time I do the math it does not seem TS' really save enough $ to offset the longterm commitment and lock-in.

look at big cedar cabins compared to wilderness club costs. this is why i bought. i paid 1500 for 38000 annual points. i get 2-3 weeks in cabin. cabins rent between 600-1000 a night at big cedar. I am getting 20,000 worth of stay for 3000 dollars.

lopertc

Reaction score
look at big cedar cabins compared to wilderness club costs. this is why i bought. i paid 1500 for 38000 annual points. i get 2-3 weeks in cabin. cabins rent between 600-1000 a night at big cedar. I am getting 20,000 worth of stay for 3000 dollars.
forgot to add at 38,000 points MF's are 3000$ or .08 or roughly 1000$ for a 12000 point week. while renting similiar at big cedar is going to cost minimum of 2100 max of 7000

AndySamuels

Reaction score
Cool. I have no idea with Big Cedar is.

I usually vacation in Vegas or AC. Sometimes Orlando. So those comparisons are completely different. Huge TS and hotel markets so lodging inventory is rarely an issue.

Plus I already live in FL so no need for sun trips. I just walk out to my patio and jump in the pool.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Cool. I have no idea with Big Cedar is.

I usually vacation in Vegas or AC. Sometimes Orlando. So those comparisons are completely different. Huge TS and hotel markets so lodging inventory is rarely an issue.

Plus I already live in FL so no need for sun trips. I just walk out to my patio and jump in the pool.
Vegas and AC both are locations with a lot of timeshares. You can often find bonus weeks/rental weeks for less than MF's. If you own a timeshare or points you might want to save those for harder to get locations and then use bonus time for the places you often travel,

AndySamuels

Reaction score
Exactly. So there is no point getting a TS. I last evaluated this in 2013 but I guess nothing has fundamentally changed with market dynamics.