• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Masters Golf Tournament

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
There is a MVC Experience to go to the Masters Golf Tournament. Its 35,000 Destinations points ( not Bonvoy) for a 2 day pass for 2 people including 3 night’s lodging. An awful lot of points for walking around a golf course……but on my husband’s bucket list. If I beg, borrow and steal from 2023/2024/2025 I have enough points for 2024. Has anyone ever done this through MVC? Worth it in your opinion?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pacman777

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a MVC Experience to go to the Masters Golf Tournament. Its 35,000 Destinations points ( not Bonvoy) for a 2 day pass for 2 people including 3 night’s lodging. An awful lot of points for walking around a golf course……but on my husband’s bucket list. If I beg, borrow and steal from 2023/2024/2025 I have enough points for 2024. Has anyone ever done this through MVC? Worth it in your opinion?

That’s about $17.5k if you value MVC points at $0.50 per point. You could probably buy resale tix for much cheaper so not a good deal in my opinion unless they’re putting you up in the Augusta Clubhouse for lodging which would be priceless.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Bucket lists are always fun to mark off our list, but this one seems pricey to me for 35k Destination Pts.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Basic grounds passes for Th/Fr are going for about $4K each on Stubhub. If you're paying DP maintenance points fees that's almost $25K not even accounting for MF increases next year.

I get the bucket list thing but yikes.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is this an ownesiver exclusive event? Where do you see it. I looked on the MVC website but don't see anything for The Masters.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the one for RBC staying at barony, surf watch or grande ocean for 4 nights for 4400 points including tickets for 1 or 2 days at RBC and thought about it.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea

It is an unbelievable experience for any golfer to go (practice rounds or competition). The value of doing this with Marriott is that you at least are guaranteed that it won’t be a scam! As others have indicated, you can put something together for a lot “cheaper” by doing it yourself but make sure you work with or thru reputable providers for this service. I went as a guest of a company that had been doing this for many years so it was quite an enjoyable time (great food, great lodging, great tickets). The danger is that one might find that their “lodging” is one hour away (!) or may not even have real tickets at all. (One really bad experience I’ve had was buying tickets to the US Open (tennis) where it turns out that lodging wasn’t included and the tickets were the farthest seats away from center court up at the very top of the stadium (I got a nosebleed!). A typical line they use is “a client of ours just decided to turn in these tickets because of a conflict and we are making these available at a special price so take these now before it’s taken by somebody else…). So beware of the scumbags that try to take advantage of folks that want to go to these Marquee events. Note also that while the food and refreshments at the Masters are one of the best values you will find at any golfing event in the world, the souvenir tent (with the FedEx and UPS stations right next to it) will definitely leave your budget a lot lighter if your husband goes (have him buy you that diamond ring before he goes!). One thing to buy is a Masters folding golf chair - an unbelievable rule that is practiced at the masters is that if you leave your chair anywhere, nobody moves it or “takes” it. It’s like being in a different universe. So, buyer beware. There are still many good options relative to Marriott, just do your homework!

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
Yep, Still offered under Golf, Instruction, and Golf Events. You all scared me!
b164aa83730d3cf65188a37af12ba821.jpg

I know its a stupid use of alot of points but we only live once….Right?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Are the tickets for TH FR or the weekend? Where do you stay?

From what I've seen the 2 day weekend tickets are worth about $3,000-5000. So if the points are worth $15,000-17,500, your hotel is costing you $10,000-12,500. Seems like a waste of points.

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, tickets are Thur/ Fri OR Sat/Sun
and include hotel although Im sure its just a Marriott in Augusta. Looks like there are few though in Augusta proper.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott grand vista
Ko olina
Canyon villas
Not sure if it’s still available but we did this but they used to offer just one day Tickets. It was about 8k pts per ticket. Atleast it’s only taking 16k. While I’m sure there were other ways to do it more cost effective we would do it again in a heart beat. One day was enough to check it off the bucket list and soak it all in! We did have to drive about an hr out to find a hotel room but it wasn’t that bad!
Enjoy it if you do it! It’s magical