• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten Trading Power Boost 2021

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
As noted in this thread, Massanutten's Trading Power Boost Program has opened for 2021.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
@TUGBrian

Personal Wish/Dream:

I would really like to bring the Massanutten threads from the regional Eastern board over to the VV subgroup. 1) I think it is the appropriate place; 2) no one really has clarity and a thread could pop up in either place now; and 3) I would like to see this subgroup grow. I believe it has potential even if what holds us all together may be a little less than some other systems.

I believe this subgroup was here months before I knew about it .... and I consider myself active on TUG. The way I learned about this subgroup is an older thread I had commented on earlier related to Massanutten came back to life over here.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
are all the massanutten resorts now part of vacation village?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

All of the Massanutten are part of the Vacation Village and affiliates group and can take advantage of the reduced "internal" exchanges with others in that group in RCI.

Mountainside Villas at Massanutten is managed separately by the HOA rather than by Great Eastern, who manages the remainder of the resorts there. As a result, owners there don't get the Trading Power Boost program benefit or the extra vacation certificates that owners at the other Massanutten resorts do, (though some might still get the certificates through when they had purchased). Mountainside Villas is also dual-affiliated with II and RCI and has a separate pool; there might be a few other differences I can't think of off hand.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wasnt aware the extra 5 days was only to benefit a subset of renters vs everyone. Im not a terribly large fan of that.

the goal of the LMR forum is for folks to recoup some money for a stay they cant cancel and are going to lose out on if its not rented. It is not intended for a rental outlet for rental businesses or megarenters etc.

while those folks are welcome to utilize the forums under its rules, I am not inclined to go out of my way to modify the forum to cater to that situation. That is what the marketplace is for.

Oooookaaaay.... Was this meant for a different thread?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

Yes, they are all in the "Vacation Village Family of Resorts." Mountainside Villas is both independent from and interdependent on Great Eastern but both are equally affiliated with VV as far as I know. As Eric mentioned for RCI trading purposes all the Massanutten resorts get the VV internal exchange rate.

VV family of resorts (includes all Massanutten Divisions):

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
FYI - according to Massanutten Resort's Inventory manager...

"We appreciate your interest in the [RCI] Trade Power Boost program.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer it this year.

This is due in part to the use of our inventory to aid our owners during the pandemic."

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the update.

I find this expected and disappointing. It is the loss of a significant benefit that has diminished some with time.

However, I feel Massanutten/Great Eastern have been upfront about the situation and treated everyone fairly. I do hope the program will be back in some form or fashion as hopefully COVID is a bit more in the rearview mirror.

FYI - according to Massanutten Resort's Inventory manager...

"We appreciate your interest in the [RCI] Trade Power Boost program.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer it this year.

This is due in part to the use of our inventory to aid our owners during the pandemic."

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Very disappointing. I can't imagine they don't have enough to give owners one if they prepay by June. What are they doing with all the unclaimed developer deposits? In 2020, I think I got 9, last year I got 1.