• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten resort

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview RCI Points, Wyndham CWA
Need some help....I was looking at purchasing a timeshare here and got the estoppel...it says it's a "Points" contract, but then says "2021 (a RCI Points Transfer Agreement must be completed" I don't understand what that means.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Sounds like the ownership is in RCI points - you would have a choice of leaving it in that program and transferring the existing account or taking it out and using it as a weeks ownership. Massanutten can do well in RCI points, getting more per MF than Grandview, but it would have to be a high demand week to really be worth it. If it's a Woodstone week that gets 137,000 RCI points or a Regal Vista one that gets 178,000 points, assuming you're looking at an annual 4 BR, you would be doing quite well. If it gets less than that as a 4 BR, not so well.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sounds like the ownership is in RCI points - you would have a choice of leaving it in that program and transferring the existing account or taking it out and using it as a weeks ownership. Massanutten can do well in RCI points, getting more per MF than Grandview, but it would have to be a high demand week to really be worth it. If it's a Woodstone week that gets 137,000 RCI points or a Regal Vista one that gets 178,000 points, assuming you're looking at an annual 4 BR, you would be doing quite well. If it gets less than that as a 4 BR, not so well.
I'm just not familiar with RCI points contracts....there shouldn't be any fees to put it in RCI points would there?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
RCI points has slightly higher fees than RCI weeks, but allows you to book stays that are not all weeks (i.e., from 1 to 14 nights, IIRC). There are generally slightly more resorts available through the points system than the weeks system and most, but not all, weeks resorts are available in points. With Massanutten, for the points ownerships the reservation function is essentially transferred to RCI and you don't really interact with Great Eastern for booking a stay.

Developers usually charge a fairly substantial fee for enrolling a non-points ownership into points (because they can), but since this is already in points it would just cost the RCI fee for transferring the account, which is a couple hundred bucks ($98 if you already have a points account). When you have an RCI points account, you can also have a weeks account for no additional cost.

snickers104

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you.