• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten Resort COVID -19

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Resort - Vacation Guard
~ Timeshare Insurance for Owners ~

Anyone purchased Vacation Guard Timeshare Plus Insurance
@ $89 per use year for their Massanutten Resort Vacation ?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Living in the DC area, Massanutten MAY be my back up if my week before Easter Disney World vacation does not work out.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update

March 23, 2020
Massanutten Resort COVID -19

Over the past week, we have taken steps to close or pare down our facilities and today we add our gyms and escape rooms to the closure list.

Virginia BBQ & Pizza Co. and Campfire Grill are still available for take-out.

Va BBQ 50% off any pizza! No limit! Order Online

*Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount.
Tax extra. Carry out only. Expires: April 1, 2020.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
@escanoe, You may want to rethink that Easter vacation plan. I wrote a full detail of our trip down here to Massanutten. There are only 40 reservations here out of 2000 units. We're bored out of our minds, but we came down before the flare got bad. Within two weeks we will be at the peak of the outbreak, I think. The journey home is terrifying me because I have no idea how to keep us safe when making stops for gas, restrooms, etc, even if that is open. You are far better off at home.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Resort - COVID-19

Update April 1, 2020

To comply with the Executive Orders given by Virginia’s Governor Ralph Northam on March 30, 2020 - Massanutten Resort is taking the extraordinary step of having to cancel inbound Spring reservations.

In the meantime, to reschedule your visit.
Contact the resort by email or phone....

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score

Update April 1, 2020

To comply with the Executive Orders given by Virginia’s Governor Ralph Northam on March 30, 2020 - Massanutten Resort is taking the extraordinary step of having to cancel inbound Spring reservations.

In the meantime, to reschedule your visit.
Contact the resort by email or phone....
If you are already here and booked multiple weeks they will let you stay. I’m out the 10th

JoeCope

Reaction score
Tried to reschedule yesterday. Was told, "nothing we can do for you".

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
So, the State Police showed up at Massanutten to discuss the fact that sales were still ongoing despite the shutdown of all non-essential businesses. Massanutten was having people meet with the sales people in individual condos, feeding packaged snacks and bottled drinks, and cleaning the condos between sales meetings with a potential buyer. Until the governor signed the Stay at Home order on (Mar 30, I think), this was ok. Then it wasn't ok after that. Massanutten made the local news with the police showing up at the sales center.

The next day, RCI cancelled all vacations in its system for Massanutten until May 1. If you had a reservation already, Massanutten tried to contact you and turn you back. But they were still letting people check in on April 4 if you were an owner with your regular week or if you had a prior RCI reservation. There were very few people on Massanutten at all, and I don't see how they could continue services like housekeeping.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Resort
Reservations Update

Alert: Due to COVID-19,
we are adhering to Virginia Governor Ralph Northam's
call to limit travel to essential activities through June 10th.

If you own during this period or are attempting to secure a reservation within this timeframe - please reach out to your reservations department directly to discuss available options.

Email: reservations@massresort.com

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Resort
Reservations Update

If you own during this period or are attempting to secure a reservation within this timeframe - please reach out to your reservations department directly to discuss available options.

Thank you for the update.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The situation here in VA seems to have hotten more fluid (Massanutten Resort has not updated their alert in over a month), and is bending toward a relaxation of some restrictions as soon as 5/15.

Seems that the VA "stay at home" order through 6/10 may turn into a "safer at home" recommendation beginning 5/15.

We will see what happens.

Massanutten Resort
Reservations Update

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Announcement found on Massanutten Web page:

Update May 6, 2020

Even though we are still closed, our teams have been hard at work preparing the property and training our employees for the day that we can re-open. Currently our Commonwealth is still in a stay-at-home order and under non-essential travel restrictions, however, we are hopeful that these restrictions will start to ease up in the coming weeks. We are looking forward to the day when we can welcome you back to the mountain. In the meantime, know that we are doing the very best we can to take care of ourselves and our property. We hope you are all doing good and staying well.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am not at all sure I am going, but I currently have a week booked there at Mountainside starting the Friday before Memorial Day. If there is a timeshare where you can enjoy nature and get away from folks, it is one of them.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not at all sure I am going, but I currently have a week booked there at Mountainside starting the Friday before Memorial Day. If there is a timeshare where you can enjoy nature and get away from folks, it is one of them.
We are scheduled to stay at Woodstone the third week of June. Were still undecided. This will be our first visit to Massanutten. It’s a bonus week thru RCI.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Q:
Massanutten Resort and Other Timeshares

What specific procedures should timeshare
resorts be alerted to in case of COVID - 19

If a presumptive case of COVID -19 is reported by a hotel guest,
Will guest’s room will be removed from service and quarantined.

If a confirmed case of COVID -19 is reported by a resort guest,
Will the resort management use all tools available to trace where
the guest was present, and what other individuals s/he interacted with.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Q:
Massanutten Resort - Timeshare and Hotel - Virginia

COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol - Housekeeping and Laundry

Will all bed linens (Including bedspreads and blankets) and bathroom towels be changed daily or after each stay and continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Think about the housekeeping and laundry facility crews who have to handle all this dirty laundry. Shouldn`t they received additional pay?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They should definitely be adequately paid.

I have a sense my maintenance fees may be going up as well.

Q:
Massanutten Resort - Timeshare and Hotel - Virginia

COVID-19 Cleaning Protocol - Housekeeping and Laundry

Will all bed linens (Including bedspreads and blankets) and bathroom towels be changed daily or after each stay and continue to be washed at a high temperature and in accordance with CDC guidelines. Think about the housekeeping and laundry facility crews who have to handle all this dirty laundry. Shouldn`t they received additional pay?

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
June 1, 2020

New Check-In procedures Covid-19

• Only one person from your party will be permitted in the check-in area.
Prior to entering the check-in building, a Resort employee will greet each visitor to the Resort. Visitors will be screened and asked to use hand sanitizer and wear a mask. Appropriate signage will also be prominently displayed outlining proper mask usage and current physical distancing practices in use throughout the Resort.

To safely and efficiently process your reservation for check-in,
we ask that you adhere to the following:

• After arriving at Guest Check-in, please have everyone in your party remain in your vehicle.
  • If you need a restroom, please proceed to the entrance of the North Lobby. Resort personnel will greet you and assist in directing you to the appropriate queue.
  • Massanutten Resort Staff will work quickly to process your check-in and get your vacation started.
  • For more information on Front Desk & Amenities Queue Line Policies, and Re-Opening Date - Contact Massanutten Resort at 540-289-9441

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is check-in staff pushing you to attend a sales presentation?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is check-in staff pushing you to attend a sales presentation?

Does a bear go in the woods? ....

We probably won't know until they open. No mention of the "parking pass desk" in the new information. Cutting it out would certainly reduce unnecessary interaction. I will bet they find a way to get sales going, though ... because that is their financial lifeblood.

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
March 12, 2020
At this time, Massanutten Resort is open for business.

Massanutten Resort COVID -19 Statement & Update

Thanks for posting the update. Today, we got a cancellation notice from a New Hampshire Resort for June 19. I double-checked with Massanutten before calling RCI, then had RCI book the same dates here as a replacement week. We stayed at Woodstone way back in 2006 and chose that part of the resort again.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Massanutten Resort - WaterPark Update - Covid-19

Update July 1, 2020

As our Commonwealth moves into Phase 3, we were very disappointed to learn that the Virginia Department of Health and the Governor's office will not allow waterslides, interactive play features, and splash pads to be open at this time, essentially everything a water park has to offer.

* The good news is that most amenities throughout
the resort are now open or will be opening very soon.