• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten Resort COVID -19

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
So the outdoor pools have now been having "open swim" for going on a week. Anyone been there to see how its's going? Are they crowded (hopefully some aren't), is there a waiting list, do they boot you out after so long.

Personally, I think it is good the water park (especially the indoor portion) is closed from a public health perspective. But I will bet it being closed has put more strain on the outdoor pools. Sometimes I act like a Massanutten expert, but I have not yet been there in the summer. Thanks to anyone that can provide a report.

Goldi

TUG Member
Reaction score

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
That is how I knew the pools are now available for "open swim." The question I am asking is how crowded are they and how are they rationing access if they need to for spacing services. Looking for an update from someone on the scene. Thanks

You can find current information on either the Massanutten Facebook page or on the Massanutten website.

Here's a link to the Massanutten Facebook page.

Here is the Massanutten website:

GoodTimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is how I knew the pools are now available for "open swim." The question I am asking is how crowded are they and how are they rationing access if they need to for spacing services. Looking for an update from someone on the scene. Thanks

The pools have been quite busy this week. Pretty difficult to keep 6+ feet away from people in the water most of the time (Peak and Woodstone). Weekend did seem to have more people. The indoor pool at Woodstone is open and had fewer people in it when we checked.

They didn't seem to be limiting people in the pool areas.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate the update. After RCI extended C-19 cancelable reservation to mid-August, I booked a week at Massanutten starting 7/31.

Maybe the water park will be open by then and the pools won’t be that bad during the week?

Did you check out the Regal Vistas pool?

The think I like about Massanutten is you can avoid common areas if you need to.

The pools have been quite busy this week. Pretty difficult to keep 6+ feet away from people in the water most of the time (Peak and Woodstone). Weekend did seem to have more people. The indoor pool at Woodstone is open and had fewer people in it when we checked.

They didn't seem to be limiting people in the pool areas.

GoodTimes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I appreciate the update. After RCI extended C-19 cancelable reservation to mid-August, I booked a week at Massanutten starting 7/31.

Maybe the water park will be open by then and the pools won’t be that bad during the week?

Did you check out the Regal Vistas pool?

The think I like about Massanutten is you can avoid common areas if you need to.

Indoor pools in northern virginia are opening so there is a chance that the indoor water park could open.

Didn't check the Regal Vista pool - but it probably wasn't as full. The outdoor Woodstone seemed to have quite a few people when we drove by.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Below is their most recent update on the WaterPark from the website. I think it will be a while before Virginia gives it a thumbs up.

Massanutten Resort - WaterPark Update
Update July 1, 2020

As our Commonwealth moves into Phase 3, we were very disappointed to learn that the Virginia Department of Health and the Governor's office will not allow waterslides, interactive play features, and splash pads to be open at this time, essentially everything a water park has to offer.

We are continuing our dialogue with our partners and officials throughout the state in the hopes that an amendment will be made in the next couple of weeks. We will continue to update you as we receive more information.

The good news is that most amenities throughout the resort are now open or will be opening very soon. You can find out all that there is to do by visiting www.massresort.com/hours.

Indoor pools in northern virginia are opening so there is a chance that the indoor water park could open.

Didn't check the Regal Vista pool - but it probably wasn't as full. The outdoor Woodstone seemed to have quite a few people when we drove by.