• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten RCI points for deposit question

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Has anyone use rci points for deposit with Summit recently? How many points do you get say for a week 51 or 52 when doing it? Can I do it as a 4 BR and would I get twice the points (and save on having to do two separate points for deposit fees) or should I deposit both sides separately and then do each side separately if you get more points that way. Depositing for trading power I get 21 per side so it would take a combine fee to get it to 42 tpu's.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Checked with rci. It is 60,500 per side regardless of full or partial kitchen. $49 fee per deposit. She could not tell me if the full unit would get 121,000 or not because I don't have a deposit for a 4 BR and since the tpu is so much less than the 2 units separately I don't think I would want to risk it if not just to save on the $49 fee.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You have to do it as two 2BRs(so yes, there is the extra PFD fee) of 60.5K each. The old RCI points conversion chart doesn't have 4BRs - only up to 3BRs. If you deposited it as the full 4BR, they would cap you out at the 3BR amount of 78K

1681505186848.png

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You have to do it as two 2BRs(so yes, there is the extra PFD fee) of 60.5K each. The old RCI points conversion chart doesn't have 4BRs - only up to 3BRs. If you deposited it as the full 4BR, they would cap you out at the 3BR amount of 78K

View attachment 75495
Thanks. I guess this would also be a benefit if you can't get week 51 or 52. There are a lot of other red weeks that don't get booked up so early and only get around 16 tpu's per side vs the 21tpus for weeks 51 and 52. Week 51 for 2024 is already booked up.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't deposit my Summit weeks with RCI other than for PFD purposes (since I have an RCI points account). For the Summit reservations that I don't convert into points, I deposit with them with one of the independent exchange companies. I get way more value there than I get for the 20ish TPUs when leaving it as an RCI weeks only deposit

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't deposit my Summit weeks with RCI other than for PFD purposes (since I have an RCI points account). For the Summit reservations that I don't convert into points, I deposit with them with one of the independent exchange companies. I get way more value there than I get for the 20ish TPUs when leaving it as an RCI weeks only deposit
Summit is my only rci massanutten/VV weeks deposit and trading back into massanutten for $159 up to 4 times into 2-4 BR units even in summer is still worth keeping one or 2 available. Earlier this month they had July 4BR Summit units on sale for 12 tpu's so just over half a 2 BR to get a 4 BR still works for my family and then I can use the leftovers for other VV exchanges.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Summit is my only rci massanutten/VV weeks deposit and trading back into massanutten for $159 up to 4 times into 2-4 BR units even in summer is still worth keeping one or 2 available. Earlier this month they had July 4BR Summit units on sale for 12 tpu's so just over half a 2 BR to get a 4 BR still works for my family and then I can use the leftovers for other VV exchanges.
This is what I do with my the Colonies at Williamsburg when I do not trade it in II.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Just for comparison, I just deposited my 2024 week (it floats...they put in an April week) and got 17 TPUs for each 2BR side of my Summit/Massanutten. I usually PIC the TPUs into Wyndham points, however, I really enjoyed being at Palm Beach Shores Resort (VV) and VVParkway....I might go for a repeat next year. BUT I can get 308K Wyndham points for my Massanutten...and a 1 BR is only 105K Wyndham points, so I would get almost 3 weeks by using Wyndham points.

Your week might get more TPUs than mine. I had week 51 once and it got 19 for each side, I think.