• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten May 2021

Squan66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Considering staying here in May 2021. I stay in Harrisonburg frequently for JMU football games.
We usually stay in a hotel. We are considering Massanutten for graduation week.
Any ideas on which part of the resort I should target? I would need at least a 2 bedroom.

i am pretty familiar with the area and drive past Massanutten all the time but am clueless when it comes to what is offered.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Regal Vistas is the nicest but it depends on how many credits you have to spend. Woodstone and Summit are also gold crown. Summit might have nicer views but if you have a full kitchen unit, there aren't convenient grills and you do have an extra mile or two to go up the mountain every time you go to town or to activities at the bottom of the mountain. If Woodstone and Summit were around 8-12 points for a 2 BR and Regal Vistas were priced at 20 points, I would skip Regal Vistas.

Squan66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great info. I don’t have points there. We are Marriott owners so we use Interval. We will have to rent from another owner. There seems to be so many sections to this resort that I was a it lost.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Great info. I don’t have points there. We are Marriott owners so we use Interval. We will have to rent from another owner. There seems to be so many sections to this resort that I was a it lost.

If you use Interval, the only part of the resort that trades there is Mountainside Villas, which are all 2 BR. There's not much in RCI right now for the week you're looking for, but it's still a bit early. Regal Vistas are the nicest ones there, and are fixed weeks, while there are Summit contracts that are floating weeks if you go for renting from an owner. Woodstone contracts are all floating weeks and there are a number that have shifted to RCI points, which gives even more flexibility for the owners. Right now, there won't be good availability there because owners have priority to book at the 12-13 month point; once that is past, they are open to non-owners and there will be more availability.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you use Interval, the only part of the resort that trades there is Mountainside Villas, which are all 2 BR. There's not much in RCI right now for the week you're looking for, but it's still a bit early. Regal Vistas are the nicest ones there, and are fixed weeks, while there are Summit contracts that are floating weeks if you go for renting from an owner. Woodstone contracts are all floating weeks and there are a number that have shifted to RCI points, which gives even more flexibility for the owners. Right now, there won't be good availability there because owners have priority to book at the 12-13 month point; once that is past, they are open to non-owners and there will be more availability.
Woodstone are fixed weeks. Summit are mostly floating weeks but owners can reserve up to 24 months in advance if they pre-pay the MF's.

Squan66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones he.p. I will see if can use an interval week. I will also see if I can find a rental for another unit. I know family members will want to come too.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think with II you are limited to Mountainside Villas. Suggestion only, I would check with Redweek .com for a getaway special. I would check with Redweek.com starting January 2021. Good luck.

Last edited: