• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten is Listening to Owners about Tree Cover!!!

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
We've been complaining for over 15 years about the heavy tree cover in front of the units blocking the views. The resort planted mostly maple and pine trees that reach 70'-80' in height and block the views that we covet.

For years, I've been writing, talking, and campaigning to get the tall trees removed and smaller understory trees planted in their place. Understory trees are things like dogwood, redbud, witchhazel, sassafras that tend to remain under 30' in height and would leave the views for both the upper and lower condo units.

Well, we're at Massanutten today in one of the Summit units, and the tree guys are here removing the trees that block unit views. They're leaving the trees on the sides of the units that are healthy, but are taking out the trees in front of the units. Summer is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!

Now, just have to ask nicely for some of the short local trees. I suspect that it may happen.

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
Wow. They're not only going after the trees in front, they are pruning out the branches that are in front of bedroom windows from the side trees. Maybe we hit a tipping point on comments to the management?

TimeshareTraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen ShoreCrest,
Massanutten Summit,
Eagle Point,
I don't think this is due to owner requests. Yesterday, the tree company took out the trees in the front of the unit, too. Every one that seemed to be near or touching a window.

Our neighbor here (I talk to folks when down here) said that she stopped to talk to the tree guys and ask about the huge maples blocking her view. They told her that those were on the list. That they had a contract to take down 5,000 trees at Massanutten over this summer. It appears to be anything that could be near a window. I wonder if the wind storm a few weeks ago smashed a few windows up here.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Massanutten is usually a winter (and sometimes fall) destination for me. So, leaf canopy is not something I have noticed as much.

During the pandemic, our family took our first summer vacation there. We will be back Memorial Day Weekend.

It amazes me in the spring how much summer inventory there is to book at Massanutten until RCI heavily discounts it .... then after a short period of time it completely disappears.

gumbow719

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been complaining for over 15 years about the heavy tree cover in front of the units blocking the views. The resort planted mostly maple and pine trees that reach 70'-80' in height and block the views that we covet.

For years, I've been writing, talking, and campaigning to get the tall trees removed and smaller understory trees planted in their place. Understory trees are things like dogwood, redbud, witchhazel, sassafras that tend to remain under 30' in height and would leave the views for both the upper and lower condo units.

Well, we're at Massanutten today in one of the Summit units, and the tree guys are here removing the trees that block unit views. They're leaving the trees on the sides of the units that are healthy, but are taking out the trees in front of the units. Summer is going to be FANTASTIC!!!!

Now, just have to ask nicely for some of the short local trees. I suspect that it may happen.
Gee thats just wonderful..So for you to see..go out your front door..They cut down really nice trees so sad...we are owners of Private Home in Massanutten..so sad GE cut down the trees..