• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten is an awesome value and best kept secret on east coast

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Does one management company handle all the Massanutten resorts? Anyone know their name & number?
Is it the MPOA?

540-289-9441

In April here on TUG in the forum for Free Timeshare Giveaways and Bargain Deals I found a week at Summit and a week at Woodstone. Thank you Eric and Tim! We used LT Transfers and in later May we became the new owners.

Our Summit week is the second week of June and the Woodstone week is the week of Columbus Day so both are great weeks and both are 4 bedroom lock offs. I wanted them to use as PICs for our Wyndham ownership to give us more Wyndham developer points. You have to set that up at least 9 months in advance so for this year I deposited the lower partial kitchen unit for the June Summit week and the October Woodstone week and we used/will use the other two bedroom side. We stayed at Summit in June and as of now plan to go back in October to stay at Woodstone. If we change our minds I can still deposit the other part of the Woodstone week and get RCI TPU's (Trading Power Units) for it too.

Woodstone maintenance fees $959 are a little less than Summit $989. Massanutten has a mandatory amenities fee when you stay there and it is $4.25 per bedroom per day for owners. So $59.50 for the week for a two bedroom.

We drove around to look at where we'll be for our week at Woodstone in October and also drove through Regal Vistas. We lucked out at Summit and had a fairly nice view out of the bedroom windows. The deck is off the master bedroom. It looks like we will have somewhat of a view from the unit we'll be in at Woodstone in October. Hopefully from the living room this time. Woodstone is close to the rec center so that's a plus. If we had wanted to own at Massanutten to stay there on regular basis we would want to own at Regal Vista. Not all of the duplex type units have an amazing view but I'd estimate that two thirds of them do. The Regal Vista units also have a one car attached garage and more and bigger windows in the living room to enjoy the amazing view.

OLDWESTBUFF

Reaction score
anyone tell me how Massanutten Regal Vistas are for trading? I would go there but also would want to trade into other locations? Is ski season the "red" season there or...? Newbie here

OLDWESTBUFF

Reaction score
We've been using Trading Places since it was VRIety. Great company to deal with. And as far as east coast hidden gems VRI's Foxrun at Lake Lure is great with the amenities of Rumbling Bald with Chimney Rock and Ashville nearby.
How is Fox Run for trading? Summer high season there or...?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Excellent trader (one of absolute best) if you have a prime summer week enrolled in RCI Points.

What I would describe as a fairly good trader in RCI weeks.

There may be a couple of peak value red weeks at Christmas and New Year’s. But Summer is what I would rather own. You will not have a hard time booking a winter ski week if you own in the summer.

anyone tell me how Massanutten Regal Vistas are for trading? I would go there but also would want to trade into other locations? Is ski season the "red" season there or...? Newbie here

legalfee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Limetree Resort STT
VRI FoxRun Lake Lure, NC
How is Fox Run for trading? Summer high season there or...?
We've only traded through VRIety and Trading Places but I've heard from other owners it's a great trader with RCI. Yes summer is high season winter most everything is closed.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We've only traded through VRIety and Trading Places but I've heard from other owners it's a great trader with RCI. Yes summer is high season winter most everything is closed.

Massanutten has a big winter ski season. I didn't check all the resorts by this is the weeks chart for Regal Vistas, Summit and Woodstone.

Season information​
Blue - medium demandDecember 03, 2022December 17, 2022

Red - High demand
January 01, 2022March 12, 2022

Red - High demand
April 30, 2022November 19, 2022

Red - High demand
December 17, 2022December 31, 2022

White - low demand
March 12, 2022April 30, 2022

White - low demand
November 19, 2022December 03, 2022

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Ski and snowboarding is open in the winter and there are other winter activities (ice skating, tubing, water park, etc) BUT its just such a large resort that it's still more than half empty during the winter weekdays. Without local VA, PA, MD, WV schools out there just isn't enough local population to keep the resort anywhere close to capacity.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
if you are buying as an RCI Points or weeks trader, don’t assume all red weeks are the same. Check the most recent points chart or TPU calculator before purchasing.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was there mid-January for a couple of weeks this January. I don’t think there is any way Massanutten overall was more than 30% full during the week. I did not check out Regal Vistas then … but I think being up on the Mountain (Summit and Mountainside) is more attractive to many in ski season.

ThatGuyOverThere

TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally think the best kept secret is Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort in Myrtle Beach, AKA Grand Palms by Wyndham after the takeover. The fees are low, and it's Myrtle Beach, not right on the ocean, but the units are very large and lockoff into two sides. But RCI ruined the trading power. Still, it's very good for rental purposes. We have RCI Points, so I book my home resort reservations that way and then rent my weeks. But it's never a guarantee I can get a good price for the week. I still add the insurance to get my points back, in the event I cannot rent the weeks. But there is no exchange fee, so the insurance is well worth it.

Funny seeing this posted here. I was searching for some info on the resort to see if there had been anytging posted and I'd agree with you Plantation / Grand Palms is a nice little place. I actually ended up receiving one free on here thanks to the TUG Community. Great little spot.

I also own in Massanutten at The Summit and have enjoyed it as a trader. Usually split the 4 bed into the two units as a trader and then combine if we need to and get about 40 - 42 TPUs overall for a high week in RCI. We use the points as well from Grand Palms in combo with this and have enjoyed some pretty great flexibility in trading.

nolesman98

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are buying as an RCI Points or weeks trader, don’t assume all red weeks are the same. Check the most recent points chart or TPU calculator before purchasing.
Where do I find the TPU calculator?