• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Massanutten is an awesome value and best kept secret on east coast

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I totally agree and has plenty of availability. My family does seem to have a preference for Marriott/Vistana....(lifestyle creep?)
I own Vistana and Regal Vista. I get amazing usage from my points from regal vista. I think I get extra vacation certificates to go back to RV…..I’d like to try it

BobDE

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summit at Massanutten
I have owned there since 1991. I have seen a lot of changes both on and off of the resort. All for the good!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I have gotten more value out of my 137,000 RCI Points Woodstone Week 29 4BR lockout timeshare than any I have purchased. I would not mind spending more time there in summer, but winter ski weekends are awesome for me.

tonyg

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Acadia Village Resort
Never been there, never found a reason to go there. Spent many weeks in Williamsburg that I enjoyed.

owen1521

Reaction score
Great resort!! We would go on the NY Feb school break for a ski week with 15 families. Always got Last call rooms 2 or 4 BRs and never paid more than $299 Rooms were so cheap we would actually book a separate room as a Party Room where we would make dinner and party all night. Always stayed in Woodstone. Unfortunately after 12 straight years, the kids outgrew the mountain and now we go elsewhere but those memories will live forever.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I remember one TUG member, Charles, long since gone from thyroid cancer, saying, "Mass-nothing," because he stayed once. He owned at Marriott's Ford's Colony and loved Williamsburg.

I am trying to remember his TUG name, but he was a Foxrun owner and was in my old Yahoo group, now defunct.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My kids grew out of it too, but my husband grew into it. He belongs to 2 of the area wine clubs Cross Keys and Prince Michele (a little further away) so he likes to go at least twice a year to do tastings and pick up his boxes of wine. My brother's family has two children right in the Massanutten sweet spot ages 11 and 13 and they decided as a family last year that if I couldn't find anything ocean side in ocean city, MD (east of coastal highway) they would rather go to Massanutten and this summer they told me not to bother looking for OC just get a big unit so they could bring friends and go to Massanutten.

A.Win

TUG Member
Reaction score
An East Coast beach week in the summer will cost 5X a week at Massanutten. So I agree that Massanutten is a great value. I visit frequently, staying at Summit, Woodstone, and Regal Vistas. Now that Summit and Woodstone are remodeled, I personally don't think the extra cost of Regal Vistas is worth it.

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch
An East Coast beach week in the summer will cost 5X a week at Massanutten. So I agree that Massanutten is a great value. I visit frequently, staying at Summit, Woodstone, and Regal Vistas. Now that Summit and Woodstone are remodeled, I personally don't think the extra cost of Regal Vistas is worth it.
Nice to hear the remodeling is happening...do you have feedback on the Eagle Trace units?

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I remember one TUG member, Charles, long since gone from thyroid cancer, saying, "Mass-nothing," because he stayed once. He owned at Marriott's Ford's Colony and loved Williamsburg.

I am trying to remember his TUG name, but he was a Foxrun owner and was in my old Yahoo group, now defunct.
His handle was CMF (Charles M. Fernandez). He actually had a rare form of stomach cancer. When he found out about it, he only had a couple of months to live. I actually was asked to help his wife how to figure out what to do with the timeshares. For those of us who remember him, he came on to TUG as a green newbie and then went wild buying properties and immersing himself. That was a long time ago.

*****I edited this post to replace I with He. He had cancer, not me (thank goodness)

Last edited:

keno999

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Worldmark
Morritt's Grand Tortuga
He belongs to 2 of the area wine clubs Cross Keys and Prince Michele (a little further away) so he likes to go at least twice a year to do tastings and pick up his boxes of wine.
Cross Keys is great! We go there a couple times of year and they have a nice restaurant.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The one thing I disliked about Massanutten is the lack of street light at night.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
His handle was CMF (Charles M. Fernandez). I actually had a rare form of stomach cancer. When he found out about it, he only had a couple of months to live. I actually was asked to help his wife how to figure out what to do with the timeshares. For those of us who remember him, he came on to TUG as a green newbie and then went wild buying properties and immersing himself. That was a long time ago.
Stomach cancer. He is missed here on TUG. I remember he was so crazy for his Marriott in Williamsburg. He loved it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I personally think the best kept secret is Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort in Myrtle Beach, AKA Grand Palms by Wyndham after the takeover. The fees are low, and it's Myrtle Beach, not right on the ocean, but the units are very large and lockoff into two sides. But RCI ruined the trading power. Still, it's very good for rental purposes. We have RCI Points, so I book my home resort reservations that way and then rent my weeks. But it's never a guarantee I can get a good price for the week. I still add the insurance to get my points back, in the event I cannot rent the weeks. But there is no exchange fee, so the insurance is well worth it.

Tijoli

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Williamsburg Plantation
Clean, affordable, and a million things to do.

anyone disagree?
Can you tell me how much you pay for taxes and resort upkeep fees each year? We are considering purchasing a week as we have loved trading into Mountain Side Villas but don’t want to move forward without some idea. Thanks for your help!!

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
having several times I've heard to called... Mass O' Nutten. there is lot to do around the area especially is you golf, swim, tennis, hike, ride the gokarts etc. winters we would ski, tube and hang..

have sorta stopped going as exchange due to the re dick u lous amenity fees.. seems to be a cancer that has affected most of the resorts now.. seem like more of a theft of money for no real purpose other than to enrich the developers more.

since we have been full time rv'ing since june 2020 we seldom now use the timeshares it more the adult kids.. We did manage to include a week at Fairfield Glade last sept and the weather was nice.. they have a nice place to park the RV for the week which was nice as many do not..

We stayed in the Summit unit off litten lane,, on garmisch circle when the were brand new and the some were still under construction. thought about buying but opted for Sudula lodge and the 10 yrs RCI membership deals. (dem was da days)

And RIck is right about the now Grand Palms resort in Surfside beach// the do a good job and keep fee down.. the past two years have been quite the deal with trying to rent the unit out and having to rebank with RCI and all that.. wowo..

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
The one thing I disliked about Massanutten is the lack of street light at night.
Here now and my husband was just complaining about the same thing. I forgot olive oil so although I had brought down a box of food to cook we had to go out for dinner. We ate at the Italian place near the Food Lion in Elkton. The pizza onsite isn't bad but a plain cheese was $15 and at the place in Elkton the Large Margherita was $15.50 and better. We did a little shopping at Food Lion and then grabbed a quick pint at the Elkton Brewery before heading back to the resort. It's misting and DH complained the whole way back (11 minutes) that he wished they had more street lights.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Here now as well. First time staying in Mountainside Villas. Guess I am in the minority. I prefer darker to street lights.