• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maryland Stay At Home Order

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Though cases are up all over, the death rate is down (via a chart in the New York Times). The US, with 331 million people, has had 8.14 million cases. That's over 97% of people who have not had covid (or it they did and weren't tested, recovered just fine). There is good news in any bleakness.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Though cases are up all over, the death rate is down (via a chart in the New York Times)..
Trust me. I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the virus. But I do wonder how many of the deaths attributed to the virus were in fact deaths otherwise waiting to happen. For example if someone aged 91 with diabetes and heart disease contracted the virus and died, should their death really be attributed to the virus. I know that when I read to daily updates in the Dallas and Fort Worth newspapers 90-95% of the time they make a statement like 6 of 7 had contributing health issues...

George

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Trust me. I'm not downplaying the seriousness of the virus. But I do wonder how many of the deaths attributed to the virus were in fact deaths otherwise waiting to happen. For example if someone aged 91 with diabetes and heart disease contracted the virus and died, should their death really be attributed to the virus. I know that when I read to daily updates in the Dallas and Fort Worth newspapers 90-95% of the time they make a statement like 6 of 7 had contributing health issues...

George
I will answer that with me. I have two of those contributing health issues. I spent last week mountain biking up to 4 hrs a day. Even with those two conditions my life expectancy is slightly higher than average due to some good habits. That is hardly one foot in the grave. Most people in this country have those pre existing conditions. As we age it is even more prevalent. And we all know that in fact we are all deaths otherwise waiting to happen.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will answer that with me. I have two of those contributing health issues. I spent last week mountain biking up to 4 hrs a day. Even with those two conditions my life expectancy is slightly higher than average due to some good habits. That is hardly one foot in the grave. Most people in this country have those pre existing conditions. As we age it is even more prevalent. And we all know that in fact we are all deaths otherwise waiting to happen.

"Death smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back."
Marcus Aurelius

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

George

Isn't every death a, "death waiting to happen?" Of course! Death is inevitable.

As long as doctors/medical examiners are required to certify death certificates with the causes listed in order of importance, then yes, someone who dies due to contracting COVID - regardless of whether or not it exacerbates an underlying condition - should be considered a death from COVID.

I don't get this argument other than it seems to be a concentrated effort to falsify the public health statistics. If someone who's been diagnosed with terminal cancer steps out in front of a train, should his death certificate say the primary cause of death is that cancer? What about if someone diagnosed with a heart condition dies of liver cancer? Someone who's had a debilitating stroke dies of trauma during an earthquake?

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
If someone who's been diagnosed with terminal cancer steps out in front of a train, should his death certificate say the primary cause of death is that cancer?

"Suicide". Actually, the train would be listed as, "Manner of Death".

Last edited:

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Medical examiners do have quite an open door when determining "Cause of Death".

"World Health Organization guidelines state that “COVID-19 should be recorded on the medical certificate of cause of death for ALL decedents where the disease, or is assumed to have caused, or contributed to death, i.e. COVID-19 is the underlying cause of death”. Such an example would be someone who has developed pneumonia as a result of COVID-19, dies from acute respiratory distress. Alternatively, COVID-19 may be present on the death certificate as a significant condition contributing to death but not the underlying cause. These guidelines are clear that in such cases these deaths “are not deaths due to COVID-19 and should not be certified as such

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
"Suicide". Actually, the train would be listed as, "Manner of Death".
Exactly my point, the death cert wouldn't prioritize his cancer as the cause of death regardless of whether or not it's what made him think that stepping in front of a train would be preferable to living with and getting treatment for the cancer.

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's my issue with determining cause of death. I don't believe you can make a determination of death simply by performing an autopsy. I would prefer a more thorough investigation.

Every state has their own definition of what a medical examiner or coroner is. In some states, a medical examiner doesn't have to be a physician. Georgia for example, allows you to be both the mayor and the coroner if you live in a town of fewer than 5,000 people. Nebraska allows a county attorney to be coroner and justices of the peace in Texas a Justice of The Peace takes care of the coroner duties. All should however, be trained in Pathology. I would prefer them all to be medical doctors.

Remember, all states also have different requirements on what triggers an autopsy or a death investigation. Not the best way IMHO that a cause of death, especially with covid 19, should be handled.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
The United States added 126,480 new coronavirus cases Friday November 6, according to data released Saturday by the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center. It's the third day in a row that the U.S. has set a daily record, bringing the total number of infections in the country to more than 9.7 million. More than 236,000 have died.

Last edited:

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
When attempted suicides came into our psych unit, method of attempt was listed. I know it's gallows humor, but I always recalled "woman vs. snowplow".

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Coronavirus

Maryland Confirmed 1,541 new Coronavirus cases Friday, Nov 6
the third highest daily total since the start of the pandemic!

Maryland reported 1,410 new Coronavirus cases Saturday, Nov 7.
Maryland reported 1,081 new Coronavirus cases Sunday, Nov 8th.

Check your local news for updated Covid-19 "Restrictions and Closings"

Last edited:

James G

Reaction score
They do seem to be escalating again.

Last edited:

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been in Tennessee near the Smoky Mountains camping for several weeks. We have only briefly been in the grocery store. The streets are very very crowded in the amusement and shopping areas. Only about 20% of people on the street wear a mask. The parking lots for restaurants are packed full. The Governor here just extended masks indoor for another month. Not many seem to be following this.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
COVID-19 has had a significant negative impact on businesses in MD

December 10, 2020 Governor Larry Hogan today issued an Executive Order that waives the charging of COVID-19 unemployment insurance benefits to employers.

Maryland’s employers will receive a direct email with this information

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
January 2021 Maryland
COVID-19 Vaccination Plan

"Getting vaccinated is the single most important thing that you can do right now to save lives and to protect your friends and your family and your community,

WALMART AND GIANT PARTNERSHIP: The governor announced the launch of a pilot program with Walmart and Giant locations to begin administering vaccines at their pharmacies. The pilot will launch the week of Jan. 25 at 22 Giant locations, three Martin's locations in Washington and Allegany counties and 10 Walmart locations on the Eastern Shore and in Western Maryland.