• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty, no apology necessary.
Your dining guide gives you the right to never have to apologize as you do more for tug than almost anyone else.

I did mean the quarterdeck and Harbortown desperately needed an update--maybe I should have used refurbish?
Agree on Europa--loved that restaurant, and it is a great location.
Time for Harbortown to refurbish???

Reactions: jme

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We also love the new Quarterdeck. Great food and service the last time we were there when our son visited this summer from New York City.

I will say, however, that visually it dominates the Harbour Town Lighthouse now to some degree. We noticed that back in April when we were across the way at the RBC Heritage coming off the 18th green into Harbour Town. I love the new facility and restaurant, but it does change the "look".

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I think the reason I preferred the old Quarterdeck is because we didn't think of it as a restaurant or a dinner place - we pretty much went there just to sit outside for a few hours and enjoy that spot on the harbor. Indoors, I agree, needed the update, and I'm sure we'll enjoy dinner in the new upstairs dining room when we try it. But we'll still be sad at the outdoor area losing most of its casual feel.

KS2beach

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WRF 2007
WKV 2019
SMV 2006
MVC 2020
UPDATE 4/18/22 from Marty: Dedicated to all those who own, or are employed by, or have been employed by, the many fine restaurants on Hilton Head Island. You deserve our thanks and our sincere gratitude for all you do, and have done, throughout this most challenging time while enduring the Coronavirus pandemic. We stand with you as we go forward, never knowing what can and will happen. We do also continually acknowledge the enjoyment and enrichment that you bring to our lives. Thank you. May God bless us all.

See the OP's most-recent list in Posts #670 and #671.
Sorry I am sure i missed in several threads, what is the best Sunday breakfast/brunch place you would recommend- one that would take reservations would be preferred.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
This dining guide is just another reason, why we liked Hilton Head Island.:thumbup:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Sorry I am sure i missed in several threads, what is the best Sunday breakfast/brunch place you would recommend- one that would take reservations would be preferred.

There are choices........
For the most elegant BRUNCH choices, look up Ela's, Jane Bistro, Sunset Grille, Frankie Bones.
For just a delicious casual breakfast try French Bakery, Palmetto Bay Sunrise Cafe, Kenny B's.

Can't get any better than those............if taken, get reservations NOW.....the island is very busy.
Enjoy

Last edited:

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
Heading back to MGO in July for our third trip. Thinking about taking the kids to the Jazz Corner. They will be just about 13 and 17. Son plays the Sax and is a bit into Jazz. Daughter plays the Violin, so I think they would enjoy it quite a bit. I know the recommendation is Jazz Corner is not for kids, but I assume that is based on most kids not being into watching a Jazz set and that kids are allowed?

Bodie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have never been to Hilton Head. We are not golfers. Do they have great beaches with warm waters? What else does one do? Interesting historical sights? Thanks.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Have never been to Hilton Head. We are not golfers. Do they have great beaches with warm waters? What else does one do? Interesting historical sights? Thanks.
Great beaches is very subjective. Their beaches are hardpack sand and very wide at low tide with a shallow entry, so it's great for kids. Waves are generally a little less rough than some other vacation places. You can check water temps online, but it's the Atlantic so it's seasonal. Once you get to the summer it's bath water.

HHI is a pretty laid back vibe, so no boardwalks or amusement parks or some of things you'd see in an Ocean City, MD or Myrtle Beach. No high-rises. Plenty of mini-golf and the bike paths are fantastic. There are a bunch of historical sites on the island and nearby communities like Blufton and Beaufort, plus Savannah is only an hour away.

We've just dipped our toes into the water there with about 5-6 visits so far, but it's already in my top MVC destinations.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You won't get the same beautifully colored water in HHI like you would find in the Florida Treasure, Gold or Emerald Coasts. It is just kind of brown/green on HHI. Like most of the island actually...

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
You won't get the same beautifully colored water in HHI like you would find in the Florida Treasure, Gold or Emerald Coasts. It is just kind of brown/green on HHI. Like most of the island actually...
Are you saying it looks more like the tap water in FL?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Are you saying it looks more like the tap water in FL?
Yeah, kinda like that but it probably tastes better than the tap water here...

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Actually the beach water up and down the east coast is the same until you reach mid-Florida and below.
It's not only HHI that has darker water, it's every state from Maine to mid-Florida. HH is just an island surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.
One of the reasons for the color is that the East coast has more rivers and tributaries that empty into it, and over the centuries the collected sediment contributed to that.
The East coast's beach water color is all the same because it's connected, or so I've heard. :ponder:

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Restaurant week this year starts 1/28.

Thanks Bill!
Wow, what a coincidence----that first picture that pops up looks just like one of my recent dinner orders........
and hey, EVERY week at HH is "restaurant week" to me.

P.S.
Two weeks ago my wife and I celebrated our 40th anniversary, naturally at Santa Fe.
In honor of that, my buddy Chef Dave gave me a 40 oz Blackened Cowboy Cut Ribeye...........one of my all-time favorite steaks,
and without a doubt the best steak on the island. Thanks, Chef Dave, and see you again next weekend.

1673440899899.png

Painted Desert Soup
1673441199130.png

Outrageous Chimichanga for wife (lot of leftovers for her)
1673441601738.png

and an Anniversary treat to both of us from the staff....
1673441637023.png

............................................................................................

Last year at Ela's, a mutual anniversary celebration with friends......that's my wife on the left.....
1673442195841.png

(btw, we will be dining out this month on two occasions with my dear TUG friends jont & Boca Boy....such a delight!!!)

Last edited:

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Heading back to MGO in July for our third trip. Thinking about taking the kids to the Jazz Corner. They will be just about 13 and 17. Son plays the Sax and is a bit into Jazz. Daughter plays the Violin, so I think they would enjoy it quite a bit. I know the recommendation is Jazz Corner is not for kids, but I assume that is based on most kids not being into watching a Jazz set and that kids are allowed?
That "not for kids" recommendation is just because @jme is an old curmudgeon. ;-)
Seriously though....your music loving kids will be welcomed, and will surely have an enjoyable night.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I love the painted desert soup. It doesn't look quite the same when I get it carryout.:)

More like Desert Storm?

but it's still delicious, I'll bet.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
That "not for kids" recommendation is just because @jme is an old curmudgeon. ;-)
Seriously though....your music loving kids will be welcomed, and will surely have an enjoyable night.

I'd say not for "children", then, to be more accurate.
Wouldn't want the unruly to aggravate the regulars or prevent their enjoyment.

For those younger people who would appreciate it, the more the merrier..........
might even give them a standing O.....
:clap: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
Thanks. I appreciate the help and the great list. In two trips we have made a decent start on the list, now to figure out where to go this year (besides the must dos of Santa Fe and Kenny Bs).

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far in advance can I make reservations at Jazz Corner, and perhaps Cowboy Brazilian Steakhouse? We will be a party of 4, maybe 6 adults.

TIA
Dee

Last edited:

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We we went to Frankie Bones last Easter. It was delicious. I’m sure there are many places others may prefer, but this is a favorite of ours. Enjoy!

Dee
Thank you. I should have mentioned that guest will be at Monarch so looking for other end of the Island.