• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Marty, so good to revisit your HH restaurant list. We are finally making our way back to HH next Friday and I’m glad I checked out your February 2023 update above.
We have reservations already at Celeste, one of the new restaurants on your Fine Dining list and Charlies, one of your sweet 16 top favorites. Also, have a reservation at Flora’s, one of our favorite Italian restaurants on the island.
We need one more pick for Sunday night, when some of the restaurants are closed. Any recommendation?
Can’t wait to return to the Island! Brian

Brian, Great to say hello to you again, my good friend! Congratulations on being back at Hilton Head.
It's always a special spot, as you know, and the restaurant scene has changed a bit, although you'll find that many of the old favorites remain the same.
You'll like Celeste and Charlie's a lot, but I'm absolutely delighted that you'll have a chance to rekindle your love affair with Flora's, your all-time favorite
which still holds steadfastly to their high standards of great food and a casual, cozy, refined ambiance.

Sunday evenings are always a challenge at Hilton Head, but there are a few excellent restaurants that are open then. Thank goodness for you AND for me!!!
Among those in the "Fine Dining" category, they are: Ela’s, the Pearl, CQ’s, Redfish, Jazz Corner, Alexander’s, Nunzio, Fishcamp.
Of those, you could take a look at the menus and see what sounds good to you.

I will say that for your upcoming stay, Ela's is always an elegant evening, and if you like the menu, booth # 30 is semi-circular (seats 2-3 comfortably)
and has a wonderful ambiance. That would certainly be special. (Great Calamari, by the way....the best we've found.)
We also love the old favorite CQ's in Harbour Town adjacent to Marriott's Harbour Club. Consistently good and a small, cozy, comfortable spot.
Great Filet Mignon and I particularly love their Seared Ahi Tuna. Booth # 28 or 29!!!!
Nunzio is Italian, obviously, but if you could stand another evening of Italian, it's a hot spot and everybody loves it. The others are worthy too.
Enjoy your time at Hilton Head. Hope the weather is beautiful for you. best, Marty

vail

TUG Member
Reaction score
Celeste is a fabulous restaurant with excellent food.
Even better is that while a lot of restaurants are so busy and hard to obtain reservations, Celeste
is a large restaurant and easily accommodated us.
Lobster, Salmon, Tuna, all were excellent.
Great Place.
One of the best on HHI.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Celeste is a fabulous restaurant with excellent food.
Even better is that while a lot of restaurants are so busy and hard to obtain reservations, Celeste
is a large restaurant and easily accommodated us.
Lobster, Salmon, Tuna, all were excellent.
Great Place.
One of the best on HHI.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Actually I'm ecstatic that you enjoyed it ---- I value your taste (excuse the pun) so it validates my recent review and update of my HH restaurant list,
where I placed the newly-opened Celeste right off the bat inside my "Sweet 16" list. So we both agree that it deserves that recognition.
I'm pretty sure we were among the first new diners at Celeste, say 2 weeks after opening, and we liked it a lot. Wow!

We happened to run into Grande Ocean's general manager, Massimino, dining there with his wife and another couple too, so that piqued my interest further.
Not only were the food and service excellent, but the decor was clean and refreshing. We both remarked essentially that Celeste
had "hit the ground running". Of course, being a sister restaurant to two of the finest restaurants in the area, Ela's and The Pearl,
it was a slam dunk that it would be special too. Anytime that one finds something new that legitimately deserves the raves, it's a nice day.
We look forward to going back to Celeste in June.....I'll be at HH for 9 straight nights (wife for 14) so I'm sure we will revisit some
great spots. Thanks for sharing your experience, vail.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
At the Port Royal Shopping Center, 95 Mathews Dr there are several new Asian restaurants owned, I believe, by the folks who run OKKO in the same shopping center including: Kung Fu Tea; Paris Baguette; Jinya Ramen Bar; and Hook and Reel. There are other restaurants in the center including: Street Meet; Plantation Cafe and Deli: Bella Italia; and Fiesta Fresh Mexican Grill. Sunny China is also there but I do not recommend it. Street Meet, (an Ohio sports teams bar) is one of our favorites for informal bar type dining, and Bella Italia both have outdoor seating.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
At the Port Royal Shopping Center, 95 Mathews Dr there are several new Asian restaurants owned, I believe, by the folks who run OKKO in the same shopping center including: Kung Fu Tea; Paris Baguette; Jinya Ramen Bar; and Hook and Reel. There are other restaurants in the center including: Street Meet; Plantation Cafe and Deli: Bella Italia; and Fiesta Fresh Mexican Grill. Sunny China is also there but I do not recommend it. Street Meet, (an Ohio sports teams bar) is one of our favorites for informal bar type dining, and Bella Italia both have outdoor seating.

My good buddy and TUG member jont has dined at Street Meet and liked it a lot.......I haven't tried it because of frequenting too many other favorites,
but it remains on my "to do" list in deference to jont's sharing that with me. He knows of several other places too.
He's an excellent scout, and about a year or two ago set out on an adventure to find and test out the obscure little gems
that don't advertise or get much hype otherwise.
He did this of his own volition and had nothing to do with my endeavors, but I thought it an EXCELLENT task and worthy of our knowing.
Can't do fine-dining every day, so these casual bites are often wonderful places too.
I'll check out Street Meet soon, as jont's and Steve A's recommendations do carry a lot of weight.

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
TUG member jont has dined at Street Meet and liked it a lot.......I haven't tried it because of frequenting too many other favorites,
but it remains on my "to do" list in deference to jont's sharing that with me. He knows of several other places too.
He's an excellent scout, and about a year or two ago set out on an adventure to find and test out the obscure little gems
that don't advertise or get much hype otherwise.
He did this of his own volition and had nothing to do with my endeavors, but I thought it an EXCELLENT task and worthy of our knowing.
Can't do fine-dining every day, so these casual bites are often wonderful places too.
I'll check out Street Meet soon, as jont's and Steve A's recommendations do carry a lot of weight.
thanks buddy but you give much more credit than I deserve. Have you forgotten that Ive been pushing a certain diner that ain't Starbucks all these many years?

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who like to work out for food, the Planet Fitness is in the same shopping area. We often work out and then grab a white pizza at Bella Italia or the Jerk Chicken(Friday only) at SERG Takeout Kitchen down the street. I'll have to try the others. I'm at Surf Watch and some people here raved about the pastries at the Paris Pastry shop.

Reactions: jme

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We had another great dinner at Sea Grass Grill tonight. I had the Mahi Mahi and my wife enjoyed the grouper. This restaurant was recently sold to new owners, but they kept the staff and menu items and it is still one of our favorites. We like that bread and house salads are still included with the meal and they serve excellent side dishes of vegetables and potatoes. The wine markup isn't excessive. It is a smaller restaurant and popular with locals. We plan to enjoy the Santa Fe blackened redfish and painted desert soup via takeout tomorrow night. We enjoy this on every trip ever since Marty introduced me to it.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We had another great dinner at Sea Grass Grill tonight. I had the Mahi Mahi and my wife enjoyed the grouper. This restaurant was recently sold to new owners, but they kept the staff and menu items and it is still one of our favorites. We like that bread and house salads are still included with the meal and they serve excellent side dishes of vegetables and potatoes. The wine markup isn't excessive. It is a smaller restaurant and popular with locals.
We plan to enjoy the Santa Fe blackened redfish and painted desert soup via takeout tomorrow night.
We enjoy this on every trip ever since Marty introduced me to it.

Bill, thanks for the compliments my friend. You're echoing your love of Santa Fe's Blackened Redfish etc because we both sat there together
about three years ago and had a terrific meal, joined also by my lovely wife of course, and that was one great evening! I do recall some wine being involved too.
I continue to order the redfish as long as it's on the menu (with an occasional change-up to the Cowboy Cut Ribeye, the best steak on the island)----
but Chef Dave's Blackened Redfish is one of my all-time favorite entrees anywhere, and he does a magnificent job with it.
In that vein, I make it a point to order Blackened Redfish anywhere else I go, and to date, after ordering it at many fine restaurants across our travels
from Hilton Head to Bluffton to Savannah to Charleston to Atlanta to Charlotte to Greenville SC to Nashville TN to Boston to San Francisco to Williamsburg VA
to Asheville NC to Aiken SC to Destin FL to Orlando to New Orleans to Highlands NC and even in my hometown of Augusta GA and several more,
nowhere is it more delicious than at Santa Fe Cafe/ Hilton Head! The taste is unsurpassed, as is everything Chef Dave touches.

Bill, if you remember, we've also had two other wonderful occasions to get together at Hilton Head, once at a pot-luck dinner/hors d'oeuvre gathering
along with about 30+ "Snow Bird" friends at Grande Ocean's Crow's Nest during a cold January (or February?) evening,
and a third occasion from your awesome balcony view at Surfwatch, again joined by my wife, where we sampled one of your favorite wines and chatted for a good while.....
now that was memorable!
I'm equally happy that you have fallen for Sea Grass Grille at Hilton Head, as we have!---it's now a definite go-to spot for us on practically every trip, too.
My wife and I have had many meals there together, and we also had two wonderful evenings there with dear TUG friends jont & Boca Boy..... Both enjoyed it tremendously too.
Our problem is that we have so many favorites.
SGG's menu is awesome and the food & service are both great, not to mention the quiet & cozy ambiance there.

Only wish our mutual HH trips would overlap more often....Seems our recent trips have barely missed each other......We'll need to work on that, as we do miss seeing you.
If you happen to run across Chef Dave at Santa Fe this week, say hello and tell him you are a friend of the "guy with the pretty wife from table #5", and he'll know me.
I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to being back there in June. Take care.

Last edited:

DannyMc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Royal Palms, Orlando; Marriott's Grande Ocean, HHI; Marriott's Barony Beach Club, HHI;
MVC Trust Points
A fabulous new restaurant is Bowdie's Chophouse at 11 Palmetto Bay Rd #104. This is in the shopping center near Publix. They have great cocktails and the filet mignon is one of the best that I have ever eaten in my long life. My wife and I loved the energy in the room with the bar. Reservations required. It is a pricey evening out.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
@ DannyMc........
My wife and I had reservations in February at Bowdie's Chophouse (the buzz and the hype got to me), but the more we considered the menu and the pricing $$$$,
the less we desired to participate.
We cancelled.
Perhaps we could change our minds at a later date, but we chose to opt out. I'd rather dine at three great places for the same price as once there.
JMHO, and I appreciate the plug, but "value" is always a consideration......plus, I can find amazing cocktails equal to those at 20 places......and I do know quality cocktails :) .

Last edited:

NJVacation61

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just back from 6 nights at Marriott Grande Ocean and food recommendations on Marty's list are outsanding.
We started out at Skull Creek Boathouse and liked it so much we ended up going back there a few nights later.
Great fun casual atmosphere and food and drinks were great.
We also hit Fish Camp at Broad Creek, Coast and Poseidon as we were looking for fresh seafood with water views.
Skull Creek Boathouse and Coast were probably our favorites but everything was very good.
The only surprising thing re: the seafood there is there seems to be no local fish on any menus this time of year.
Restaurants that label the source of the fish on their menu all listed FL. NC or even from waters up north, but I did not see anything from SC.
The waitress at Poseidon did tell us HH is overfished right now so there are limits on what can be caught. I was a little surprised by this but still enjoyed our dining experiences at all the restaurants mentioned above and would highly recommend.
Hilton Head Social Bakery is also a must stop for great pastries.
Looking forward to hitting some of the other great spots we missed on our next trip..

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Just back from 6 nights at Marriott Grande Ocean and food recommendations on Marty's list are outstanding.
We started out at Skull Creek Boathouse and liked it so much we ended up going back there a few nights later.
Great fun casual atmosphere and food and drinks were great.
We also hit Fish Camp at Broad Creek, Coast and Poseidon as we were looking for fresh seafood with water views.
Skull Creek Boathouse and Coast were probably our favorites but everything was very good.
The only surprising thing re: the seafood there is there seems to be no local fish on any menus this time of year.
Restaurants that label the source of the fish on their menu all listed FL. NC or even from waters up north, but I did not see anything from SC.
The waitress at Poseidon did tell us HH is overfished right now so there are limits on what can be caught. I was a little surprised by this but still enjoyed our dining experiences at all the restaurants mentioned above and would highly recommend.
Hilton Head Social Bakery is also a must stop for great pastries.
Looking forward to hitting some of the other great spots we missed on our next trip..

So glad you enjoyed those......certainly worth a trip from NJ, I'd say. ;)
Can't wait for you to get back!!-----it's always an amazing journey experiencing the many great dining spots on the island.
I would dare say that for many, the dining spots can play an integral role in "the destination" as does the whole island itself because of
the sheer quantity AND quality of what is offered.
IMHO they are so complementary to the island's other "extras" that they become intertwined with the entire experience.
The dining can be just as important to the vision of the whole as is the beach, the pool, the bike trails, etc,
so in a sense I count those extras as Hilton Head's gift of "luxuries" to the visitor.

And I do not necessarily mean "luxuries" as we normally view them, aka things only obtained by "expensive over-the-top outlays",
but rather the "experiential luxuries" as available in the vast array of wonderful offerings that visitors find there.
One noteworthy luxury found there is the sheer beauty of the South Carolina Low Country-----and that includes the marshes, the lagoons, the gnarly twisted Live Oak trees,
the picturesque inland waterways teeming with different types of fowl, the breathtaking sunrises & sunsets, the gorgeous trails & bike paths that leisurely wind
through and under the moss-draped canopies of huge old oaks, the sight of gators sunning wherever they can, and the beautiful dunes and inhabiting wildlife, to name a few.

More "luxuries" found at Hilton Head include the relaxing & laid back nature of the lifestyle, the abundant family-oriented activities & atmosphere,
the friendliness of the island people, the plethora of excursions that highlight nature, wild life, and the environment, the natural playground that is the beach & ocean,
the "all-day pool lifestyle" that children and adults can enjoy together (and will never forget), and lots more......
So don't forget or minimize the resulting bright eyes and laughter that are taken home, and remain.
These are all priceless luxuries or "extras" that you don't often find bundled together in such a way as Hilton Head offers them.

And when the day is done, the sand is washed away, and the wine is poured, there's always a nice dinner-out awaiting.
So the outstanding experience that is Hilton Head is not over yet. Luxurious, isn't it? Bon Appetit!

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MCP, MGO, Destination Points
This may have been brought up in one of the previous posts, but I don't remember seeing it. According to folks on the "We Love Hilton Head Island" Facebook page Kenny B's is moving to Bluffton in the former Thai Smile location sometime in January 2024 and closing their current location on HHI sometime in December.

wballoni

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean platinum
Marty, really love this thread, thanks for this! I've got #787 bookmarked. I'm looking forward to trying a few on the list on our next visit to HHI.

Dilarm

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham homeowner points
This may have been brought up in one of the previous posts, but I don't remember seeing it. According to folks on the "We Love Hilton Head Island" Facebook page Kenny B's is moving to Bluffton in the former Thai Smile location sometime in January 2024 and closing their current location on HHI sometime in December.
We ate at Kenny B’s yesterday. ❤️

Husband had scallop po boy and said it was best he ever had!
hush puppies w remoulade were tasty too.
veggie quiche and broccoli salad—awesome too.

order at counter and food brought to you.
didn’t know they were moving location.
we were surprised to see Winn Dixie closed in same shopping center.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

I beleive that was a Bi-Lo grocery store which was owned by Southeastern Grocers that also owns Winn-Dixie. A couple years ago, Southeastern Grocers shut down the Bi-Lo brand.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

Kenny B's is the BEST.
Great breakfast, great lunch, and awesome dinner with low prices! Seafood is perhaps the best on the island. Great fried shrimp.

Their Jambalaya is awesome, their Collard Greens are the best I've ever had, and just about everything they offer is in the "best ever" category.
Kenny knew, and was personal friends with, all the old-time great New Orleans Chefs, so he knows how to cook.
Altho they're moving locations around the end of the year, it'll still be pretty close.....15+ minutes, so nobody should suffer!
Thank goodness. Laverne (his wife) says they are always experiencing an outpouring of love from all sides.
They need more space, so she's happy for the relocation.

(Funny and pretty ironic, but we were out of town this past weekend, and having breakfast out, as usual, and altho it was really good
I turned to my wife and said, "I sure wish we were at Kenny B's" and she said "Oh wow, me too...."

BTW, we were in Greenville SC for a wonderful getaway weekend--- stayed at the Westin Poinsett Hotel, an older but beautiful hotel,
staying on Rewards Points for free, with a very nice upgrade to a 2-room Executive Suite, and two free breakfasts (a la carte or buffet, each person @ $25),
so for the two nights we got $100 worth of breakfasts.....and they have a very nice menu, too! We got a 10th floor room with a nice view to the mountains.
Greenville is extremely nice and very progressive---- a revitalized downtown with gorgeous large oak shade trees lining both sides of Main Street,
numerous sitting areas along the sidewalks, a dozen great cafes, and many more restaurants (yes, I have a list), and two parks, both close to Main Street.
Parks are either on the river or on the large creek with waterfalls. There's a brand new (and quite large) Grand Bohemian Hotel on the creek overlooking the falls.
All over the city, especially on Main Street, couples and families are walking around enjoying the downtown area.
Every Saturday until November they have a "Street Market Day", with dozens of tents with venders long both sides-----especially pastries, cakes, breads,
food, honey, plants, flowers, services, etc.......and live entertainment. We walked and walked, enjoyed that a lot.
When we visit, usually one a year, we park our vehicle and simply walk the whole weekend.... Very much fun.

Photos: Westin Poinsett Hotel and downtown Greenville SC.
1689014012416.png

1689014046852.png

1689014149738.png

1689014175839.png

1689014261027.png

1689014316043.png

1689014375123.png

1689014394353.png

1689014447052.png

1689074964605.png

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
jme, just outstanding information and photos.

Zagrid094

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Crystal Shores, Marriott's Grande Ocean, Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, Marriott's Manor Club, MVC Trust Points
Kenny B's is the BEST.
Great breakfast, great lunch, and awesome dinner with low prices! Seafood is perhaps the best on the island. Great fried shrimp.

Their Jambalaya is awesome, their Collard Greens are the best I've ever had, and just about everything they offer is in the "best ever" category.
Kenny knew, and was personal friends with, all the old-time great New Orleans Chefs, so he knows how to cook.
Altho they're moving locations around the end of the year, it'll still be pretty close.....15+ minutes, so nobody should suffer!
Thank goodness. Laverne (his wife) says they are always experiencing an outpouring of love from all sides.
They need more space, so she's happy for the relocation.

(Funny and pretty ironic, but we were out of town this past weekend, and having breakfast out, as usual, and altho it was really good
I turned to my wife and said, "I sure wish we were at Kenny B's" and she said "Oh wow, me too...."

BTW, we were in Greenville SC for a wonderful getaway weekend--- stayed at the Westin Poinsett Hotel, an older but beautiful hotel,
staying on Rewards Points for free, with a very nice upgrade to a 2-room Executive Suite, and two free breakfasts (a la carte or buffet, each person @ $25),
so for the two nights we got $100 worth of breakfasts.....and they have a very nice menu, too! We got a 10th floor room with a nice view to the mountains.
Greenville is extremely nice and very progressive---- a revitalized downtown with gorgeous large oak shade trees lining both sides of Main Street,
numerous sitting areas along the sidewalks, a dozen great cafes, and many more restaurants (yes, I have a list), and two parks, both close to Main Street.
Parks are either on the river or on the large creek with waterfalls. There's a brand new (and quite large) Grand Bohemian Hotel on the creek overlooking the falls.
All over the city, especially on Main Street, couples and families are walking around enjoying the downtown area.
Every Saturday until November they have a "Street Market Day", with dozens of tents with venders long both sides-----especially pastries, cakes, breads,
food, honey, plants, flowers, services, etc.......and live entertainment. We walked and walked, enjoyed that a lot.
When we visit, usually one a year, we park our vehicle and simply walk the whole weekend.... Very much fun.

View attachment 79002
View attachment 79003
View attachment 79004
View attachment 79005
View attachment 79006
View attachment 79007
View attachment 79008
View attachment 79009
View attachment 79010
Outstanding post, Marty. Great photos! Our son and his family live in Greenville and they love the area and all the happenings downtown. Our favorite restaurant there is Soby’s and their Southern cuisine. The shrimp and grits are among the best I’ve ever had!

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Outstanding post, Marty. Great photos! Our son and his family live in Greenville and they love the area and all the happenings downtown. Our favorite restaurant there is Soby’s and their Southern cuisine. The shrimp and grits are among the best I’ve ever had!

Good call, we love Soby's and it's always our first evening out for dinner. We requested one of the booths and got it. Great place.
Our other favorite, and we like it just as much, is Sassafras, just 2 blocks up the street.
(Actually I like Sassafras's menu more!!!! It's more varied and has more items. The Beef en Croute and also the Beef Tips are awesome.
After we ate, the owner Martin followed us out...we had spoken earlier, and I had told him how much we enjoy his place,
and we must have talked outside at least 30 minutes----great guy!)
Everything there at Sassafras is just as good as Soby's, and it's always our second evening out.
We had lunch at Nose Dive, an awesome cafe with a great menu. The 3rd photo is from our lunch there.....
frequently, if weather permits, they open the huge windows to the sidewalk/street, as they did on our visit.....really a lovely spot. Photo doesn't do it justice.
Another fun lunch was at The Lost Cajun, and it's also just a couple of blocks up Main Street.....really good food.
I had half a Shrimp PoBoy and Jambalaya as my side....wow. (I just added a photo there, it'll be the last photo.)

Last edited:

Zagrid094

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Crystal Shores, Marriott's Grande Ocean, Marriott's Kauai Beach Club, Marriott's Manor Club, MVC Trust Points
Good call, we love Soby's and it's always our first evening out for dinner. We requested one of the booths and got it. Great place.
Our other favorite, and we like it just as much, is Sassafras, just 2 blocks up the street.
(Actually I like Sassafras's menu more!!!! It's more varied and has more items. The Beef en Croute and also the Beef Tips are awesome.
After we ate, the owner Martin followed us out...we had spoken earlier, and I had told him how much we enjoy his place,
and we must have talked outside at least 30 minutes----great guy!)
Everything there at Sassafras is just as good as Soby's, and it's always our second evening out.
We had lunch at Nose Dive, an awesome cafe with a great menu. The 3rd photo is from our lunch there.....
frequently, if weather permits, they open the huge windows to the sidewalk/street, as they did on our visit.....really a lovely spot. Photo doesn't do it justice.
Another fun lunch was at The Lost Cajun, and it's also just a couple of blocks up Main Street.....really good food.
I had half a Shrimp PoBoy and Jambalaya as my side....wow. (I just added a photo there, it'll be the last photo.)
Thanks for the suggestions! Will have to plan for another visit to Greenville soon and try those other establishments...

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points

View attachment 79002
View attachment 79003
View attachment 79004
View attachment 79005
View attachment 79006
View attachment 79007
View attachment 79008
View attachment 79009
View attachment 79010
View attachment 79026
the legend continues!

keep em coming Marty

RookWDW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - Polynesian
Marriott Grande Ocean
Marriott Grande Chateau
Leaving MGO tomorrow. Really appreciate this thread for the many great suggestions. Kenny Bs continues to be the favorite of my wife and kids with Santa Fe a very close second. We had lunch at Frasier's which was a nice meal following a round of golf at Atlantic Dunes, a very nice course. My new favorite though, when taking in everything, is the Jazz Corner. Great food, great drinks and the show was amazing. Expensive, but amazing. I can't wait to return next year to go back. We also went to Crazy Crab Jarvis, which was veyr good, not great but very good; Salty Dog for lunch; and we tried Marly's for dinner after a day of bike riding, which was solid. My only problem is that we have too many favorites that will take up every night and not leave nights to try new amazing places.

NTP66

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club (x2)
I posted this in another thread, but since I didn’t see the restaurant mentioned in this thread, I figured it was worth adding here, too. Perfect spot for a quick lunch,

We went to Al's Aloha Kitchen twice last week, and their poke bowls rival those that we routinely get on Maui - they were that good. Same goes for their acai bowls. So if anyone of my fellow MOC owners head down to HHI, definitely check them out (same shopping center as the old Bi Lo, off Pope Ave). I recommend the Pipeline (poke) and Bonzai (acai).