• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Everything Marty said is absolutely correct! But let me offer an alternate plan. What we like to do when we go in the off season, esp spring or fall, is arrive around 4-5 pm (happy hour!) find a table out back, order a libation or two, have a few small plates of food and just enjoy the view of Skull Creek, the body of water, not the resturant, but its also a good place to people watch, esp the nearby dock. After an hour or three of total relaxation, we leave with our tummies satisified and a "warm glow".We can then do any or all of the above, walk on the beach, hit the hot tub or maybe take in a movie. A perfect way to spend an evening in my book.
Also, for those who do not tlike the humidity or "bugginess" of HHI in the summer, there is none of that. ;)

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Everything Marty said is absolutely correct! But let me offer an alternate plan. What we like to do when we go in the off season, esp spring or fall, is arrive around 4-5 pm (happy hour!) find a table out back, order a libation or two, have a few small plates of food and just enjoy the view of Skull Creek, the body of water, not the resturant, but its also a good place to people watch, esp the nearby dock. After an hour or three of total relaxation, we leave with our tummies satisified and a "warm glow".We can then do any or all of the above, walk on the beach, hit the hot tub or maybe take in a movie. A perfect way to spend an evening in my book.
Also, for those who do not tlike the humidity or "bugginess" of HHI in the summer, there is none of that. ;)

Hey John, I like your style. :D

Why don't we put all that happy hour stuff to the test.....
See you at HH in April, buddy..... can't wait.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
Hey John, I like your style. :D

Why don't we put all that happy hour stuff to the test.....
See you at HH in April, buddy..... can't wait.
Marty
Nice Lebowski reference!!!
we are counting the days till we see our favorite M&M's :D

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/

ScubaKat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dug up this thread since we will be there in three weeks. :D I agree with this.. we go to Red Fish every time we are there with our 6 and 2 year old and never had issues. The staff were more than wonderful and accommodating. We do eat out a lot so they are well trained in their restaurant manners..lol

We were very disappointed by Hilton Head Brewing the last time we went several years ago, and haven't been back.

Just a quick note: I have taken my young daughter to both RedFish and Old Fort Pub. As long as your child has a more mature palate and knows how to behave in a restaurant, I wouldn't worry about bringing a child. Now, a group of young kids who only eat chicken nuggets---yes, not the place for them. (My daughter will destroy steak, mussels, lobster, salmon.....she is not a cheap date, even being under 10! LOL!)

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
thats too bad. Always wanted to go there but never got around to it. Hope he opens up in a new location

Hi John,

If he moves to Okatie - that will be off island in Bluffton.

Glad I had a chance to eat there before he closed.

Richard

BarbS

TUG Member
Reaction score
thats too bad. Always wanted to go there but never got around to it. Hope he opens up in a new location

We were told when we were at Barony a couple of weeks ago that he is now at the Poseidon.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score

He did. The restaurant carries the name of his cookbook- Burnin Down South

Ricci

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from 2 weeks at HH. We put over 80 miles on our bikes...outside and inside of Sea Pines. We stayed one week at HP and one week at SP. I loved riding our bikes over to Shelter Cove... Poseidon was busy EVERY night, but we didn't get the opportunity to eat there. Our favorite restaurant on HH is The Sage Room....ate there twice, as a matter of fact. We've been going there for 15 years and always had a wonderful meal.

The staff at HP told us there is another restaurant called Cowboys on the island that is owned by the same people who own Poseidon. We didn't check it out, but it may be something worth looking into.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a very good sea food buffet diner @ Dye's Gullah Fixin's Low Country Cooking.. The food was very good. The Commander-in-Chief truly enjoyed Dye's catfish dinner.The place was small but the food was very good.

The Back Yard Restaurant was excellent. The shrimp & grits were outstanding

Last edited:

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
He did. The restaurant carries the name of his cookbook- Burnin Down South

Thanks for the update. Will be sure to go there on our next trip to HHI.:)

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the recommendation of your list and trip advisor I called THE VINE to make dinner reservations for 2 people at 8 PM on July 15th. They called me back to tell me they only have 5, 5:30 and 9 available. We took the 9.

Two years ago we tried to get reservations at Vine and were given the same story you were given. We were going in September and attempted to make reservations 6 weeks in advance. While having a conversation with the concierge at GO while there here is what she said. Vine has tables open between 6-8 PM however the owner refuses to accept reservations from tourists during these hours as he prefers to keep those tables for the locals who live on HH. She said the chef/owner is quite a A**hole who looks down his nose at the tourists. I looked at Trip Advisor comments at that time and there were some critical,reviews from patrons to which the owner responded by saying that the reviewers who criticized were barbarians who wouldn't know good food it it slapped them in the face. his remarks were very, very rude. I made up my mind then that I would never attempt to,eat there. Too many other good restaurants where they are glad to have your business.

rstolker

TUG Member
Reaction score
How can I locate the OP Restaurant Guide - you mentioned certain post numbers but I do not know how to access those by number. Thanks in advance for your help.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How can I locate the OP Restaurant Guide - you mentioned certain post numbers but I do not know how to access those by number. Thanks in advance for your help.

JME's (OP) Restaurant Guide is contained within this thread. Look in the upper Right Corner of your post - you will see that your post is number 66 in the thread. Now Go Back to page 1 of the thread and scroll down to find Posts number 30 and 31 - there you will find JME's Restaurant Guide - it's probably located on page 2 of the thread.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Last edited:

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dug up this thread since we will be there in three weeks. :D I agree with this.. we go to Red Fish every time we are there with our 6 and 2 year old and never had issues. The staff were more than wonderful and accommodating. We do eat out a lot so they are well trained in their restaurant manners..lol

We had my husband's 60th birthday party at Redfish. Our grandson was 2.5 at the time. He was wonderful and so was the restaurant.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Not exactly the type of places talked about in this thread but if you're looking for a really good sandwich for lunch go to one of the Publix and have a sandwich made using for Boar's Head products on a seven grain roll. Very good. We use the Publix on the north end of the island since we live in Port Royal Plantation.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Burnin Down South has been open for a couple of weeks. Been getting good reviews. If you don't know where it is, it's not easy to find.

Here are directions from the island. Going towards I95 on 278, after you pass RT170, make a left at the first light by Walgreens. **Make the left right after Walgreens, then make the first right. You will be in a small shopping center. Go to the end of the row of buildings, make a left and Burnin Down South will be on your left.**

An alternate route is to exit 278 at 170S. Make a left on 170, make the first right at Okatie. Make a right into the shooping center, make the first left and Burnin Down South will be on your right after you pass Food Lion.

From I95, make the first right after Sun City and then follow above **.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. It is not a freestanding building but part of a strip.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Burnin Down South has been open for a couple of weeks. Been getting good reviews. If you don't know where it is, it's not easy to find.

Here are directions from the island. Going towards I95 on 278, after you pass RT170, make a left at the first light by Walgreens. **Make the left right after Walgreens, then make the first right. You will be in a small shopping center. Go to the end of the row of buildings, make a left and Burnin Down South will be on your left.**

An alternate route is to exit 278 at 170S. Make a left on 170, make the first right at Okatie. Make a right into the shooping center, make the first left and Burnin Down South will be on your right after you pass Food Lion.

From I95, make the first right after Sun City and then follow above **.

It's not as complicated as it sounds. It is not a freestanding building but part of a strip.

For those not familiar with the area - the Burnin Down South Restaurant is off Hilton Head Island and is in Bluffton.

Burnin Down South Restaurant
198 Okatie Village Drive, # 105
Bluffton, SC 29909
Phone: 843-705-2453

www.burnindownsouth.com

Richard

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Update on Burnin Down South: people have been complaining about the lack of service and the time it takes to get their food. It often takes over an hour to get your food and several diners have walked out. These were even at times when the restaurant wasn't busy. I'm hoping it's because the restaurant is new and that it will get better. The location is a gold mine. It's surrounded by 14,000 Sun City residents who eat out a lot and like to go places in their golf carts.

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to eat later in the evening after most of the restaurants have closed try Street Meet, http://streetmeethhi.com. It's in the same shopping center as the Bi-Lo and the Sam's Club. It's like a neighborhood bar and for those of you from Ohio, it's a Cleveland Browns restaurant.

jonmaiman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update on Burnin Down South: people have been complaining about the lack of service and the time it takes to get their food. It often takes over an hour to get your food and several diners have walked out. These were even at times when the restaurant wasn't busy. I'm hoping it's because the restaurant is new and that it will get better. The location is a gold mine. It's surrounded by 14,000 Sun City residents who eat out a lot and like to go places in their golf carts.

Unfortunately that sounds similar to the experience we had at Roastfish and Cornbread, his old restaurant, last summer. Makes me think he still hasn't mastered how to keep his kitchen line running smoothly to get the food out in a reasonably timely fashion. I hope he and his team get it figured out and running better.

--Jon