• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Hudson's they have a real good fried fish sandwich. I know it sounds boring, but it's real fresh.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
We really enjoyed our lunch at the Skull Creek Boatside on the deck with temp in the low 70s the blacken cat fish was great.

Loved the Links in Harbour town. Great view of the gold course I had prime rib dip and it was great My DW had thew meatloaf sandwich which she loved.

Heading back to Skull creek to try Hudsons today

There are 2 Skull Creeks - either Dockside or Boathouse. They are next to each other. At which one did you eat?

Bill4728

Reaction score
There are 2 Skull Creeks - either Dockside or Boathouse. They are next to each other. At which one did you eat?
Sorry it was the boathouse not boatside. The Boathouse was much older than Dockside but we loved the deck there. The desk at Dockside is mostly undercover but in some weather that is a good thing.

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
Marty

You're going to have to update your lists soon to include Take out, drive thru and delivery. :bawl:

Reactions: jme

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
All in-house dining/bars have been shut down by South Carolina's governor.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can recommend SERG Catering and Scott's Fish Market for carryout meals based on my experiences in Feb.

Detailor

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
HILTON HEAD RESTAURANT GUIDE
Updated January 2019 by Marty (jme)

Marley's Island Grille (SERG group).....has made strong comeback... last year re-acquired by SERG management and is as good as it used to be. Has its own unique seafood items, good appetizers, good drinks, really fun atmosphere with Caribbean theme. Live entertainment in summer. Was a regular spot for us, and is now again.
http://www.marleyshhi.com/home

(CONTINUED BELOW)

The SERG Group announced the closure of Marley’s Island Grille. The last day of operation: September 12, 2020.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
The SERG Group announced the closure of Marley’s Island Grille. The last day of operation: September 12, 2020.

Thanks........That's sad, we have a lot of good memories.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Island Packet today's email implies it reveals what's coming there in its place, but it's behind a paywall, maybe someone else can see.

We've eaten at Marley's 2x - it was decent, but not among our must-visit-every-trip. For anyone who likes to get the SERG coupon deal books in off-season, CharBar at other end of the same shopping center is pretty good burger place too, and a decent stop before or after the recliner movie theater nearby, which I hope made it.

We don't share the same preferences as others necessarily but here are our typical restaurants we try to make it to every trip: Frankie Bones, Skull Creek (Boathouse), Cap'n Woody's, Black Marlin, Santa Fe, and believe it or not, a Jewish deli (yes my heritage) take-out place next to where Bonefish used to be. We liked Bonefish a lot too for their crabcakes, even tho a chain - sorry to see that close.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Island Packet today's email implies it reveals what's coming there in its place, but it's behind a paywall, maybe someone else can see.

The Island Packet says it will become the new Park Plaza location of Giuseppe’s Pizza and Pasta House. Giuseppe's has a location now near Shelter Cove and another in Bluffton.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
The Island Packet says it will become the new Park Plaza location of Giuseppe’s Pizza and Pasta House. Giuseppe's has a location now near Shelter Cove and another in Bluffton.

That's not bad.....Giuseppe's (near Shelter Cove) has long been an island favorite, and at one time was ranked among the
top independently-owned Italian restaurants in the country.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That's not bad.....Giuseppe's (near Shelter Cove) has long been an island favorite, and at one time was ranked among the
top independently-owned Italian restaurants in the country.
Oh good - we actually like Giuseppi's if we feel like pizza (not often on HHI but it happens, and they're wood-fired) plus it's a SERG restaurant, and closer to our condo too. I originally hail from NY-area so I'm pretty picky about pizza, I'm more likely to complain than not. :) Thanks!

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live here in Bluffton,SC, and confirm the closing of Marley's. Last day 9/12. The Shrimp and Burger Shack will remain open. I was surprised Giuseppi"s was opening there, since there is already another pizza place further into Sea Pines. I did see that Michael Anthony's , on New Orleans Rd., has started offering their " Sips and Bites" again since Covid. It is a food/wine pairing that is alot of fun. The food is excellent, and a good way to taste different wines. Cost is $24/person.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did see that Michael Anthony's , on New Orleans Rd., has started offering their " Sips and Bites" again since Covid. It is a food/wine pairing that is alot of fun. The food is excellent, and a good way to taste different wines.
Yes, now that you mention, we ate there once and agree, food was excellent.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I live here in Bluffton,SC, and confirm the closing of Marley's. Last day 9/12. The Shrimp and Burger Shack will remain open. I was surprised Giuseppi"s was opening there, since there is already another pizza place further into Sea Pines. I did see that Michael Anthony's , on New Orleans Rd., has started offering their " Sips and Bites" again since Covid. It is a food/wine pairing that is alot of fun. The food is excellent, and a good way to taste different wines. Cost is $24/person.
....and then there's the Mellow Mushroom about 100 yards away

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I live here in Bluffton,SC, and confirm the closing of Marley's. Last day 9/12. The Shrimp and Burger Shack will remain open.
I was surprised Giuseppi"s was opening there, since there is already another pizza place further into Sea Pines. I did see that Michael Anthony's , on New Orleans Rd., has started offering their " Sips and Bites" again since Covid. It is a food/wine pairing that is alot of fun. The food is excellent, and a good way to taste different wines. Cost is $24/person.

Thank you for the report, Traveling Fool.
Nice to know you're there in Bluffton, certainly one of the fastest growing (and wonderful) communities in the South.

I was told many years ago (and continued to hear) that the pizza place in Sea Pines named Giuseppe's is not related to or owned by the same people as the Giuseppe's near Shelter Cove or in Bluffton. (If it were, Giuseppe's at Shelter Cove would advertise as having an additional location in Sea Pines, which they don't.)
Giuseppe is a common Italian name meaning Joseph, so that explains why the name is so often used for restaurant names, etc.,
and frequently mistaken for similar ownership.

On another note, we dined at Michael Anthony's a year ago for the second time, and both times we had bad experiences, enough to stop going.
I am very aware of its good reputation and high rating among HH restaurants, but unfortunately we didn't see that.
For that reason, personally, I strongly prefer Ombra, Nunzio, and Gusto, even though I honor Michael Anthony's long-standing reputation
by keeping them on my HH restaurant list, which I think is fair.

Ombra is as good as it gets, always superb in every way; Nunzio is doing things right in every aspect (great for being newly opened);
and Gusto is a huge favorite of ours, having dined there over 12 times since they opened, always wonderful.
I believe all three have shown consistently that they truly appreciate our being there, not to mention their above-and-beyond efforts
to provide great experiences ....things like that are usually apparent in the great places
(always with the foundations of having great food, service, and ambience as a given).

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty at one point I was told that the 2 places on HHI were not formally related but were different segments of the same family. I don't know for certain, you know you can hear lots of things that are or aren't true.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marty after December 2020 you will need to update your list, many places on the Island will be closed because of COVID - 19.

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was aware the pizza place inside Sea Pines was not related to the Serg. Restaurant. I like it, as well as the one I frequent in Bluffton. I agree with you regarding Ombra. My favorite Italian on the Island! Our wine group had the best time at Michael Anthony’s for the Sips and Bites. A fun experience, and we were fortunate to have great service and food that night.

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Gusto is a huge favorite of ours, having dined there over 12 times since they opened, always wonderful.

We were driving down 278 a couple weeks ago and it looked like the sign at Gusto had been removed, and Google is now saying it is "temporarily closed." The fact that the sign looked like it had been removed makes me think it may be a permanent closure - at least at that location.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
We were driving down 278 a couple weeks ago and it looked like the sign at Gusto had been removed, and Google is now saying it is "temporarily closed." The fact that the sign looked like it had been removed makes me think it may be a permanent closure - at least at that location.

I saw that sign too, and it looked like it had been removed as well, but I couldn't tell for sure. I'm holding out hope until I know more.
Also saw the "Temporarily Closed" thing on Google....I've been reading every "gusto" entry on google lately and really cannot find anything
at all except that "Temporarily Closed" item...amazingly that's it!!! and no other restauranteur at HH knows a thing about them...
Seems like the owner would post something!

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
There are at least 5 Tuggers in Bluffton. I personally know 3 of them and we met thru TUG. I haven't met Traveling Fool yet. Remember way back when we had Tug gatherings? I had a couple in the Poconos. I had a book that people signed with their info. They started in the 90's. In '99 there was one at Fletch's house. The last one I have is 2005 in CT. Sad to see all the people who have passed away since.

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who are staying at the Barony you might want to try the dinning room this time of the year at the golf club called Robbers Row Grill. On Wednesday night they have a prime rib special. On Thursday night they have a hamburger special. On Friday night a fish special. Take out or eat on their patio or inside. We're locals in Port Royal and last night we shared a prime rib special at home and tonight we had the hamburgers at home. Both very good. Tonight there were about 25 people inside and outside.

Port Royal Golf & Racquet Club
10 Clubhouse Drive
Hilton Head Island, SC