• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Martial Law.....

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
So DH in law enforcement told me yesterday they haven’t heard Martial Law but one of his officers has been called up by the National Guard. Self quarantine seems to be the current recommendation.

Ammo sales are up. People are concerned. Newsom in California just let out an excess of inmates. These are strange times and I am sure people are scared and want to be able to defend themselves if needed. Law abiding citizens don’t shoot other people for toilet paper but there is concern that an increase in lawlessness may occur. Some have no intention of being victimized .

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
and just where are these "rumors" coming from?
I've been to Lowe's and Walmart today .... everything looked normal - people shopping. I bought everything I needed.
No black helicopters
Walmart even had toilet paper ! :D

Went to Food Lion today no toilet paper, but everything else was normal. Many elderly, 70s and 80s, out shopping. Oh yea, keep in mind, when in a crowd don't cough. They all take off running.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't say it's too far fetched. There's been helicopters out more than usual lately. Whenever I see one while walking my dogs, I wonder if they are going to tell me I can be out walking my dogs. I walk through/by 3 parks every day. They could just be flying by to make sure that there aren't any groups gathering. :shrug:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, keep in mind, when in a crowd don't cough. They all take off running.
That info makes me want to cough so people will get out of my way. :p

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I can say that Target team members have been given paperwork today that verifies that we are "essential workers." There is a phone number on the paperwork for law enforcement to call. Yes, I would say that martial law is a distinct possibility.

I received the same kind of letter today, I work IT at a Distribution Center for large retail pharmacy chain.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I can't say it's too far fetched. There's been helicopters out more than usual lately. Whenever I see one while walking my dogs, I wonder if they are going to tell me I can be out walking my dogs. I walk through/by 3 parks every day. They could just be flying by to make sure that there aren't any groups gathering. :shrug:
I agree! For two days this week the helicopter traffic over my house was intense. Low and slow, shook my roof.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I agree! For two days this week the helicopter traffic over my house was intense. Low and slow, shook my roof.
Were they black???

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

But are they all Black with no identifying marks?

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
"Essential Personnel" continue to work even if the Governor issues a stay at home order like California. I like how Marijuana Stores were declared "Essential" in California." Have to keep people pacified. Hopefully Liqour Stores are also "Essential."

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Weird, I've had none that I can remember. Just normal military traffic.

Btw, our city closed the dog parks. I hope that the Husky owners survive because this is serious for them!

Brett

Reaction score
"Essential Personnel" continue to work even if the Governor issues a stay at home order like California. I like how Marijuana Stores were declared "Essential" in California." Have to keep people pacified. Hopefully Liqour Stores are also "Essential."

yes ! :)

On the local news in Virginia they showed people lining up at the gun stores. The store owners said it's been record sales this past couple of weeks. Apparently people believe this will be similar to the zombie apocalypse movies only real life.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was no lines at the Bass Pro Store in Hampton, Va.. today.

Brett

Reaction score
There was no lines at the Bass Pro Store in Hampton, Va.. today.

this was a gun store in Norfolk where they only allowed a limited number of people in the store. They had lines outside - one line for ammo sales, another for guns.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
OMG, they are going to shoot the covid-19 virus when they see it coming. LOL. Just too idiotic.

It's to fend off the people who want your toilet paper!

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
And hand sanitizer

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"Gimme a string bean, I'm hungry man! Shotgun fired and away he ran." (Bob Dylan, "Talking World War III Blues")

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x3)
Marriott DC Points
Westin WKORV OFD
Strange times we're in. There are reports that kids here are supposedly going into grocery stores and coughing directly on the fresh fruit and vegetables on purpose. I may be old now but I don't ever remember a time when I would have thought that was fun or funny.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Far more likely that they are media helicopters. There's no traffic so the trafficopters are looking for something to report.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
“I hate to thrust my Western cultural values on anyone, but maybe it’s time to stop eating bats.” —David Harsanyi

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I highly doubt you would see nationwide martial law. Perhaps something more regional (think a neighborhood or city) if violence or lawlessness breaks out.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
All kidding aside, lots of training in San Diego recently involving Osprey aircraft (helicopter/airplane hybrid). Yes, they can be noisy, but are preparing for ongoing deployment overseas. As I'm sure you heard, we call it around here, "The sound of freedom."

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Canada did this in 1970 during our Quebec based civil war. Canadian Prime Minister said a few days ago he will do it again. Basically a suspension of rights and freedoms, jail on a whim, etc.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
this was a gun store in Norfolk where they only allowed a limited number of people in the store. They had lines outside - one line for ammo sales, another for guns.
Was this Bob Gun Store, on Granby St. this is where I would purchase all my weapons and ammunition. Great store.