• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Martial Law.....

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

MrockStar

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The National Guard is first activated by the Governor for domestic disaster relief Ie Hurricanes, floods,earthquakes, tornadoes Ect. This time is a national heath emergency so in Michigan the Governor has the Guard handing out water distributing food to the needy and seniors and delivering medical supplies to hospitals and clinics. As a recently retired MI guardsman please dont spread misinformation/rumors here we all have enough stress/concern for our fellow Americans and should look for ways we can help/encourage others now. Thanks.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In California they're making plans that if martial law is imposed, they will also call out the Screen Actors Guild, the screenwriters union, the society of camera operators, all of the musicians and rappers - basically everyone involved in the entertainment industry. Working alongside the military forces, those folks will take care of martial arts.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Canada isn't limited by the US Constitution.
Are you sure? Isn't the USA Constitution the most powerful doc in the world?

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
First of all, the October Crisis that happened in 1970 in Quebec was not a Quebec based civil war.
The War Measures Act, which has been invoked three times in Canada’s history—during the First and Second World Wars and most recently by Mr. Trudeau’s father, Pierre Trudeau, in 1970 was in response to the kidnapping of James Cross, a British diplomat, and the kidnapping and murder of a Quebec provincial cabinet minister Pierre Laporte, by the Front de libération du Québec (FLQ).
This War Measures Act has now been repealed and replaced in 1988, by the Emergencies Act.

The Emergencies Act differs from the War Measures Act in two important ways:
  1. A declaration of an emergency by the Cabinet must be reviewed by Parliament
  2. Any temporary laws made under the act are subject to the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
Thus any attempt by the government to suspend the civil rights in Canada, even in an emergency, will be subject to the "reasonable and justified" test under section 1 of the Charter.

Our Prime Minister did not say he would use this act, but it is there to be used if necessary.
Yes he did say he would use it. Here in the present :)

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Virginia (rural) might be the same !;)
I have often speculated what it would take for people to get off their tv watching couches to get a serious separatist movement going in the USA. Pervasive elsewhere.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have you read the whole United States Constitution and all the amendments,
lately ?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
The National Guard is first activated by the Governor for domestic disaster relief Ie Hurricanes, floods,earthquakes, tornadoes Ect. This time is a national heath emergency so in Michigan the Governor has the Guard handing out water distributing food to the needy and seniors and delivering medical supplies to hospitals and clinics. As a recently retired MI guardsman please dont spread misinformation/rumors here we all have enough stress/concern for our fellow Americans and should look for ways we can help/encourage others now. Thanks.

MrockStar, I'm the only living relative for my 86 year old aunt who lives in a low cost HUD senior complex in Plymouth MI, I dropped off food yesterday for her and we took precautions, I put the food down and then she came and grabbed it. Will the National Guard help someone that has no car and no way to go to the store?

geekette

Reaction score
MrockStar, I'm the only living relative for my 86 year old aunt who lives in a low cost HUD senior complex in Plymouth MI, I dropped off food yesterday for her and we took precautions, I put the food down and then she came and grabbed it. Will the National Guard help someone that has no car and no way to go to the store?
Depends on where you are as to the tasks assigned to NatG. Here, yes, they do food delivery to "shut ins" (but are currently moving medical supplies as our state did get a shipment from national stockpile in the past few days). I would not be surprised if they help with "welfare checks" as this goes on.

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
Railfanners are fueling the martial law rumours with videos like these. Is the transportation of this much military equipment by train a common sight in the United States? Is it just business as usual?

geekette

Reaction score
Depends on where they are headed. Maybe borders. Maybe they are the next hospitals...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel the average American citizen do not want Marital Law and does not understand how Marital Law will & would affect their daily movements. IMO.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We all need to be on the same side, no fussing about spelling or fanning the flames of rumors. Just taking things day by day and waiting for this pandemic to end.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I feel the average American citizen do not want Marital Law and does not understand how Marital Law will & would affect their daily movements. IMO.
DW and I have been living under marital law for 46 years now. We've managed to cope and even thrive.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
DW and I have been living under marital law for 46 years now. We've managed to cope and even thrive.

I was waiting for someone else to jump on this! I know some marital lawyers, it that will help. Actually, they are non-marital lawyers.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Depends on where they are headed. Maybe borders. Maybe they are the next hospitals...

If they were eastbound in Gainesville, GA, they are probably headed for the Port of Charleston, or if they hang a right, the Port of Savannah or even the Port of Jacksonville. Why? Part of a unit deployment judging from the mix of tracked vehicles, wheeled vehicles, tankers, generators, etc.

There are no borders to defend if you go east from Gainesville, GA.

Relax, people!

Edit: Another guess. Since the RR tracks in Gainesville, GA run SW to NE, and the train in the video is heading NE, my bet is all this stuff is going to Ft. Bragg, near Fayetteville, NC.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In California they're making plans that if martial law is imposed, they will also call out the Screen Actors Guild, the screenwriters union, the society of camera operators, all of the musicians and rappers - basically everyone involved in the entertainment industry. Working alongside the military forces, those folks will take care of martial arts.

Don't forget the grips. And the key grips! And the gaffers, too!

geekette

Reaction score
I don't see it happening unless civil unrest breaks out. We do not currently have domestic wars nor are we being criminalized.

We do have reports of parking lot squabbles over TP. I could see those getting a bit worse, but it helps that bars are shut down. Sounds like cops are making the rounds and even parking outside store entrances.

Otherwise, we aren't "under lockdown" and I wish that phrase would stop being used. Here, we have a Level 1 emergency + travel advisory, essential travel only. Our non-essential businesses are still open but it's only a matter of time, and testing. I can leave my home at will. I can re-enter my home at will.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score

LOL :wave::wave::wave: I got you 52years, 11months,

17hours, 46seconds:doh::doh::sleep::sleep: with the Commander-in-Chief. Wow!,,:clap::clap:

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
If they were eastbound in Gainesville, GA, they are probably headed for the Port of Charleston, or if they hang a right, the Port of Savannah or even the Port of Jacksonville. Why? Part of a unit deployment judging from the mix of tracked vehicles, wheeled vehicles, tankers, generators, etc.

There are no borders to defend if you go east from Gainesville, GA.

Relax, people!

Edit: Another guess. Since the RR tracks in Gainesville, GA run SW to NE, and the train in the video is heading NE, my bet is all this stuff is going to Ft. Bragg, near Fayetteville, NC.
I was kinda teasing. I did not look at train direction, just thought we had closed or tightened Canadian border recently. I would not expect to need heavy artillery up there. A simple Please oughta do.

We are getting towards hurricane season in a few months, too. SE is the right direction. I hope they are on an infrastructure-related mission.

I see convoys here frequently. Stuff is always moving. Maybe those were all filled with TP rations!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the grips. And the key grips! And the gaffers, too!
And the dancers too. Just imagine a line of national guard troops advancing in formation - led by line of ballerinas en pointe!