• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 26 years!

Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG is starting a new contest that will award $50 to the best review submitted for the month!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $14,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $14 Million dollars
  • Please check out the review contest thread here vote for the best review and cast your vote for the best review for Feb 2020! winner gets a $50 gift card!
  • We have compiled all the individual CV threads into a single reference thread here for easy access as they are spread out all over the forum: Coronavirus Info
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Martial Law.....

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
So DH in law enforcement told me yesterday they haven’t heard Martial Law but one of his officers has been called up by the National Guard. Self quarantine seems to be the current recommendation.

Ammo sales are up. People are concerned. Newsom in California just let out an excess of inmates. These are strange times and I am sure people are scared and want to be able to defend themselves if needed. Law abiding citizens don’t shoot other people for toilet paper but there is concern that an increase in lawlessness may occur. Some have no intention of being victimized .

WVBaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
and just where are these "rumors" coming from?
I've been to Lowe's and Walmart today .... everything looked normal - people shopping. I bought everything I needed.
No black helicopters
Walmart even had toilet paper ! :D
Went to Food Lion today no toilet paper, but everything else was normal. Many elderly, 70s and 80s, out shopping. Oh yea, keep in mind, when in a crowd don't cough. They all take off running.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't say it's too far fetched. There's been helicopters out more than usual lately. Whenever I see one while walking my dogs, I wonder if they are going to tell me I can be out walking my dogs. I walk through/by 3 parks every day. They could just be flying by to make sure that there aren't any groups gathering. :shrug:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, keep in mind, when in a crowd don't cough. They all take off running.
That info makes me want to cough so people will get out of my way. :p

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+ 2BR
Sheraton Vistana Villages Plat 2 BR-St Aug
I can say that Target team members have been given paperwork today that verifies that we are "essential workers." There is a phone number on the paperwork for law enforcement to call. Yes, I would say that martial law is a distinct possibility.
I received the same kind of letter today, I work IT at a Distribution Center for large retail pharmacy chain.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades, WinPointVIP
I can't say it's too far fetched. There's been helicopters out more than usual lately. Whenever I see one while walking my dogs, I wonder if they are going to tell me I can be out walking my dogs. I walk through/by 3 parks every day. They could just be flying by to make sure that there aren't any groups gathering. :shrug:
I agree! For two days this week the helicopter traffic over my house was intense. Low and slow, shook my roof.

geist1223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 89,000
Seaside Oregon Residence Club
Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
But are they all Black with no identifying marks?

geist1223

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 89,000
Seaside Oregon Residence Club
Diamond Resorts Intermnational Hawaiian Collection 50,000
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cavo
"Essential Personnel" continue to work even if the Governor issues a stay at home order like California. I like how Marijuana Stores were declared "Essential" in California." Have to keep people pacified. Hopefully Liqour Stores are also "Essential."

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, HGVC Bay Club
I agree! For two days this week the helicopter traffic over my house was intense. Low and slow, shook my roof.
Weird, I've had none that I can remember. Just normal military traffic.

Btw, our city closed the dog parks. I hope that the Husky owners survive because this is serious for them!

Brett

Reaction score
"Essential Personnel" continue to work even if the Governor issues a stay at home order like California. I like how Marijuana Stores were declared "Essential" in California." Have to keep people pacified. Hopefully Liqour Stores are also "Essential."

yes ! :)

On the local news in Virginia they showed people lining up at the gun stores. The store owners said it's been record sales this past couple of weeks. Apparently people believe this will be similar to the zombie apocalypse movies only real life.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was no lines at the Bass Pro Store in Hampton, Va.. today.

Brett

Reaction score
There was no lines at the Bass Pro Store in Hampton, Va.. today.
this was a gun store in Norfolk where they only allowed a limited number of people in the store. They had lines outside - one line for ammo sales, another for guns.

10spro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV-I (x2)
Strange times we're in. There are reports that kids here are supposedly going into grocery stores and coughing directly on the fresh fruit and vegetables on purpose. I may be old now but I don't ever remember a time when I would have thought that was fun or funny.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
Far more likely that they are media helicopters. There's no traffic so the trafficopters are looking for something to report.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham PresRes, Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (4), some others.
“I hate to thrust my Western cultural values on anyone, but maybe it’s time to stop eating bats.” —David Harsanyi

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
All kidding aside, lots of training in San Diego recently involving Osprey aircraft (helicopter/airplane hybrid). Yes, they can be noisy, but are preparing for ongoing deployment overseas. As I'm sure you heard, we call it around here, "The sound of freedom."

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vistana, diamond, shell, palace resorts
Canada did this in 1970 during our Quebec based civil war. Canadian Prime Minister said a few days ago he will do it again. Basically a suspension of rights and freedoms, jail on a whim, etc.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
this was a gun store in Norfolk where they only allowed a limited number of people in the store. They had lines outside - one line for ammo sales, another for guns.
Was this Bob Gun Store, on Granby St. this is where I would purchase all my weapons and ammunition. Great store.