• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Village d'ile-de-France - condo location help requested

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We will be in a 2 BDRM condo at this resort the week after Thanksgiving and we have been asked for our preference among the following choices: Golf View, Garden View, Children's Playground, Fun Court, Quiet Area, Close to Clubhouse, next to Resort entrance, and we could use some help. We are interested in quiet/peaceful/pretty, but also close access to everything that is in the Clubhouse. Any reason that as a first choice would be a bad idea (i.e. nothing but parking lot views etc)? And we need to give 3 choices. Resort map attached, but not to scale, so any advice from anyone who as stayed there much appreciated!

[On another matter can anyone comment on The Marketplace? Tiny? Decent size with a fair selection of basics?]

Attachments

• Marriotts_Village_dIle_de_France - resort map.pdf
    829.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we were in building 4200 when we stayed a few years ago. It was good location. We had a pond view. It was a bit of a walk to the main entrance to catch the bus to the train station but a quick walk to the main building. We were there in the middle of summer and the resort was near capacity and it was quiet.

If I remember correctly the marketplace is very small but there is a full grocery store about a 10 min walk west of the entrance. There’s also a few small cafes there.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
I think we were in building 4200 when we stayed a few years ago. It was good location. We had a pond view. It was a bit of a walk to the main entrance to catch the bus to the train station but a quick walk to the main building. We were there in the middle of summer and the resort was near capacity and it was quiet.

If I remember correctly the marketplace is very small but there is a full grocery store about a 10 min walk west of the entrance. There’s also a few small cafes there.

Thank you lisa3635. Very helpful. Asking about the Marketplace because we are usually a little brain dead after a long overnight flight to Paris from the west coast. But we can use the time until check in to do some shopping or go get something to eat.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you will be using public transport to get around ask to be close to the entrance- the little Monet garden is there and was lovely in summer. We stayed in 4700 a couple of years ago- not sure what that area is called- there was a little stream out back, lots of birds, nice area to have some wine and cheese.

The marketplace has essentials- including a machine to squeeze fresh OJ and warm baguettes in the morning. Carrefore in the village has a better selection and better prices.The bus goes right there too if you don’t want to carry bags. There was a decent pizza place in town. If you have space in your luggage bring some basics- cereal, crackers, coffee...
Enjoy your stay.

Last edited:

heatherw

Reaction score
We love the Monet garden, they are beautiful little town houses in a semi circle overlooking Monet inspired gardens and a lake with waterlilies and a bridge. To the side there is the golf course and they are very near all the facilities.

I can't remember enough about all the other units.

The market place is very small but they do nice bread for breakfast, after that i would visit the small town which is very near and has plenty of mid size shops. If you have a car, there is a really large shopping centre about a 10 minute drive away.