• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's OceanWatch Question

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
We won a bid on ebay for Marriott's OceanWatch which is deeded for a gold in unit #3034 for $6001. I was wondering if anyone knew what building unit #3034 is in. I hope this passed Marriott's ROFR.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The unit number is irrelevent and just used for deeding purposes. You bought a season and a view. You mentioned gold as the season, do you know what view category you bought? To me that goes along way in determining what value you received from your win.

Regards.
Joe

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
The seller said it was a garden view but I can tell from the unit number that it's building number 3. I was wonder if the seller, since it was a realtor, had the correct information. The front three building either have oceanview or oceanfront and the new building in the back is the only one with a gardenview. When you look at a map of the resort it just gives you names of the buildings. I would guess that the front three buildings are 1,2 and 3. I was just curious what building #3 actually is to confirm the sellers information.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
The seller said it was a garden view but I can tell from the unit number that it's building number 3. I was wonder if the seller, since it was a realtor, had the correct information. The front three building either have oceanview or oceanfront and the new building in the back is the only one with a gardenview. When you look at a map of the resort it just gives you names of the buildings. I would guess that the front three buildings are 1,2 and 3. I was just curious what building #3 actually is to confirm the sellers information.

Joe told you that the unit number is irrelevant and just used for deeding purposes.

Likely when Marriott was selling this gardenview unit, it was during the pre-construction phase and that building wasn't completed. Marriott uses an available unit in a completed building to put on the deed, but attaches to your contract for purchase what they call the "Ultimate Occupancy Acknowledgement and Agreement Addendum" which states your use rights . This is referenced in the Master Deed and Time Share Declaration originally filed for Ocean Watch.

edit: Still, this doesn't change my opinion that a gold GV for $6000 at this resort is a great deal. It's an unbelievable price for a super Marriott resort on a spectacular beach.

Last edited:

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
NJMOM2, I agree that the seller may not know what he is selling. I had a similar experience. The unit was listed as a platinum season. I called Marriott Owner Services and found that the unit was actually a fixed platinum plus week. So, sometimes things turn out BETTER than you expect. Call Owner services. They'll be able to give you that information.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
fabulous deal!!

fyi-if you have kids in school (and since you are in NJ, you likely don't start until after LAbor DAy), you can reserve the last 2-3 weeks of Aug. with a gold week--but you have to call right at the earliest time to book--congrats!! I am so jealous! I might have bid also, had I known (and had not "banned" myself from looking at ebay TS anymore)! Elaine

cgsm

Reaction score
It probably doesn't matter what building the deed says, but in case you still wanted to know, I'm pretty sure building 3 is the Starfish building in the center of the front buildings, which is all oceanfront. It's either that building or Scallop which is the building to the north of center and is OF and oceanside. Building 1 is Conch.

That is an awesome purchase, congrats!

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
Thanks for all the encouragement. I was really upset to find out that my Horizon would not trade for DVC. I would have felt better if I thought I had a chance. What is even more upsetting is the fact that DVC will be leaving II and the MOW will not even be able to trade for it in the future if the sale passes ROFR.

I now understand how to get the best trades thanks to all of you on TUGS.

Thank You,
Joann

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
don't worry--you can easily do a direct exchange for DVC

disboards.com even has a place you can post it. It's on the rental BB. The only caveat it you have to post less than 6 mths out, I think. Just make sure to reserve the earliest week in mid-Aug. that you can and you will have PLENTY of DVC owners who want to direct exchange with you. It might even be me--LOL! take care. Elaine