• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Cypress Harbour - Orlando

NKN

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are exchanging into Cypress Harbour on May 5th, but we are Marriott owners. I remember reading on the board, in a prior messgae, that we should call ahead if we have any special requests. How far ahead should we call?

We aren't traveling with children, so our highest priorities are:
*High Floor
*Great View
*Quiet Section

Any thoughts or building suggestions? Did I read a message that said Cypress is in the middle of a refurbishment?

Thanks.
Nancy

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
As I am not a Cypress Harbor owner, I cannot comment on the status of any potential refurbishments. However, from my experience as a Marriott T/S owner, Rooms Control begins making actual room assignments approximately 2 weeks before a guest arrival. So, I would call about 2 weeks ahead.

TSPam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC, Embarc
Hi,
I always call and ask for a top floor. If you ask for something specific, top floor building 64, you are more likely to get it than asking for say, a high floor.

building 63 was renovated in November and it overlooks the lake and has afternoon sun, building 64 and 65 were renovated in January and also overlook the big lake. 65 is near the island pool and so you may hear the music from there. I think that 53 to 57 were already renovated and 54 and 55 are quiet and overlook a pond extension to the the lake. 56,and 57 see more of the golf course but you can sometimes hear noise from the homes near by.
The new work out room and spa is near check in across from building 52.

I stay in building 72. It is not renovated but I like it. It overlooks a pond, is very quiet, and I get sun on the balcony all day. (maybe not so good in the hot weather but great in January)

RBERR1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got back from there and had a great 10 days.

It depends on what you want. The buildings closest to the main pool are 52 and 53. I always request 51-54 because of proximity to main pool and fitness center. It also has access to the bridge that takes you to island pool. They put me in building 56 so I could check in earlier which I found very quiet and not too far from the main pool.

I find if you plan to use the fitness center, you do not want to be in the high 60s or 70s as it is too far away from it.

Have a great trip.

#1 Cowboys Fan

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I find if you plan to use the fitness center, you do not want to be in the high 60s or 70s as it is too far away from it.

But, wouldn't the walk to the facility contribute positively to your 'fitness'?

:rofl:

Pat

beckster914

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just exchanged two weeks into Cypress Harbour for June 1st.

Trying to find out which buildings are the most recently renovated. From what the PP wrote, it sounds like building 65 is the most recently renovated. Can anyone else confirm this, or know of any other buildings redone in the past few months? We have a strong preference for a newly redone room, and the location doesn't really matter to us.

Also going to try and request an end unit on a high floor. Do you think we have a good chance of getting the two rooms next to each other since they are under the same name?

Lastly, I wanted to ask is early June a peak time at Cypress Harbour? Hoping it won't be too busy around that time, so our requests can be honored. I know if the place is packed with owners we don't have much chance of getting our preferred choices.

Thanks!!!

RBERR1

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just exchanged two weeks into Cypress Harbour for June 1st.

Trying to find out which buildings are the most recently renovated. From what the PP wrote, it sounds like building 65 is the most recently renovated. Can anyone else confirm this, or know of any other buildings redone in the past few months? We have a strong preference for a newly redone room, and the location doesn't really matter to us.

Also going to try and request an end unit on a high floor. Do you think we have a good chance of getting the two rooms next to each other since they are under the same name?

Lastly, I wanted to ask is early June a peak time at Cypress Harbour? Hoping it won't be too busy around that time, so our requests can be honored. I know if the place is packed with owners we don't have much chance of getting our preferred choices.

Thanks!!!

Not sure which building is the newest renovated. All I know the unit I was just in last week in building 56 was fine.

Early june is not too much of a peak time at Cypress Harbour. I would call the resort and give them the reservation numbers and tell them you want them together. About two to two and half weeks before you arrive, call them and ask them to confirm that you want the rooms together. I have found they have very good at honouring requests like that.

I know you say that you do not care about location but I do not know whether you have been to CH before but you need to understand the layout. The food places, the main pool and the fitness center is by building 52. The island pool is between buildings 65 and 66. There is a bridge that connects between the island pool and the main pool area. You can also take a boat from the activities center at building 62 to the main pool area.

I would not want to be in buildings 71 and 72 as it is not near anything. IMHO I would rather be in buildings 51-54 or in buildings 65-66 based on location.

Just my thoughts.

Rich

beckster914

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I have been to CH a long time ago, and have a map here of the place so I know the layout. My preference is building 65 as I know it was just redone and is close to one of the pools, and also close to the bridge to get over to the main area.