• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriotts Crystal Shores

soob

Reaction score
Does anyone have any up to date info on Crystal Shores on Marco Island? I am considering trying to exchang into there in August 09 and wondered which buildings are completed and if the pool with the slide will be ready. Also is Marco Island to be compared with somewhere like Myrtle Beach or is it quieter? We went to the Surfwatch during its first year of opening and it was great so wondered if the Crystal shores will be the same. Does anyone know if the 2bed or 3bed units are completed? Also, will there be anywhere to get some food and a coctail in the resort? Thanks

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
We drove past it when we were in Ocean Pointe. The first building is up and has electricity in some parts were on when we went past. Ready for August? I would not want to bet on that. It's still pretty raw

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We drove past it when we were in Ocean Pointe. The first building is up and has electricity in some parts were on when we went past. Ready for August? I would not want to bet on that. It's still pretty raw

I think you are thinking of Oceana Palms and not Crystal Shores. There have been sightings for August weeks at Marco Island in II. Oceana Palms is less than a mile from Ocean Pointe. Crystal Shores is on the other side of Florida.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any up to date info on Crystal Shores on Marco Island? I am considering trying to exchang into there in August 09 and wondered which buildings are completed and if the pool with the slide will be ready. Also is Marco Island to be compared with somewhere like Myrtle Beach or is it quieter? We went to the Surfwatch during its first year of opening and it was great so wondered if the Crystal shores will be the same. Does anyone know if the 2bed or 3bed units are completed? Also, will there be anywhere to get some food and a coctail in the resort? Thanks

I just checked. There are THREE August weeks available at Marriott's Crystal Shores right now on II. Don't have a clue as to which building they are in.

linmcginn

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have reservations at Crystal Shores for May 1-8. I am a little worried about whether or not it will be open. I called Marriott on Friday and voiced my concerns and was told not to worry,that it will be opening as planned in March.
They said they wouldn't be taking reservations if they didn't think it would be ready for occupancy. It sounded like it is completely book during that time occupied mostly by owners (which we are not). Oh well, all we can do now is hope for the best!

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marco Island

Marco Island has a wonderful beach and clear water. The Marriott hotel is just a short walk down the beach from the timeshares and is one of Marriott's best resort hotels.
As far as the city of Marco Island is concerned: it's a small island and is mostly residential with smaller (but expensive) houses and condos. Do not expect to see "a strip" with every national restaurant and retail chain.

The difference between Macro Island and Myrtle Beach is like night and day. They are very different and I'm sure many will have strong opinions, but it simply comes down to the kind of experience and atmosphere you're looking for.

The Marriott timeshare (Ocean Watch) at Myrtle Beach is a fantastic resort (yes we own there, however we are not "Myrtle Beach" people, but the resort itself is tops). Myrtle Beach is a popular destination and is undergoing a change. Some have called it the "redneck riveria." That label comes because for generations Myrtle Beach was the beach for "regular working-class" people. It featured more t-shirt shops, pancake houses and miniature golf courses than anyone could count. Hilton Head was the more exclusive and upscale South Carolina beach.

But Myrtle Beach has passed a number of laws to encourage better land planning and zoning and is transforming itself. There are parts of Myrtle Beach that are very, very nice.

As far as the beaches are concerned, Marco has clearer water and softer/whiter sand. Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head have "east coast gray" water and coarser sand. But MB and HH have a lot more to do off of the resort property (fishing, boating, shopping, golf, kid activities, shows, etc).
Marco would be more "relaxing."

linmcginn

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Spoke to the sales manager at Crystal Shores this morning and was told that the resort will open on March 6th. He sent me pictures that he took of the main pool and the lagoon pool, the beach and some interior pictures. Looks great! :banana:

Andmilair

TUG Member
Reaction score
Iinmeginm would you be able to forward the pictures from Crystal Shores.

Thanks.