• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Waiohai Beach Chair Rental / Purchase ?

DougH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be at the Waiohai for 2 weeks this coming July/August, and I was wondering if anybody had a good lead on where to rent beach equipment, specifically those short beach chairs with umbrellas, for 2 weeks ?

I'm also wondering if it might be just as cheap to purchase the beach gear instead of renting for 2 weeks. Then upon leaving, finding somebody who might want to buy it from me ?

Thoughts/suggestions ?

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to me Costco would be cheaper than renting for 2 weeks. Then you could pass on to some other TUGgers via the SWAP thread on Hawaii...

DougH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems to me Costco would be cheaper than renting for 2 weeks. Then you could pass on to some other TUGgers via the SWAP thread on Hawaii...

Wasn't aware of the 'SWAP' thread on Hawaii...haven't used TUG in awhile. Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for to unload them at the end of the trip.

Anybody else have a good lead (other than Costco) on where to buy reasonable beach chairs ?

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
There is a Walmart and a Kmart in Lihue which probably carry some beach stuff. We picked up noodle floats at Kmart, but didn't look for anything else. Got snorkle package at Costco, but don't remember seeing beach chairs or umbrellas.

There was a place in the underground parking garage where they said you could leave beach toys/equipment not going home with you, but better to pass it on to a Tugger!

chrisfromOC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kimo's is right across the street from the Waiohai. They rent what you are looking for at a fair price, and are nice to deal with as well.

Have fun!

Chris