• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Waiohai --- advice

rip1cal

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're staying at the Waiohai in May. I didn't know if it makes a difference where you stay at the resort and was looking to see if anyone had any thoughts -- should I request a certain location over another?:wave:

I went back to Dec of last year in the threads to look for an answer first so I apologize if I'm repeating a question.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
You really,really don't want the back of Hale 4. I'd also request something looking towards the center of the property in the other units. The back of Hale 5, 6 and 7 are a little better than Hale 4, but also look towards a parking lot in the distance.

I like Hale 7 looking towards the garden. Hale 8 could be nice, but I wouldn't want to be facing the pool as everyone hangs out there. I stayed in Hale 6 this summer. I can't remember the exact room number but it was on the second floor right next to the "elevator equipment" room. The room itself and the view were nice, but the room next to it housed some hydraulic pumps that power the elevators. There was no insulation between the equipment room and the master bedroom. It was no fun listening to the elevator from 4 in the morning to well after 10 at night. Rooms facing the inside courtyard on other floors would have been OK. I prefer higher levels, but I can see the ground floor being nice if you have kids and just want to walk out from your room. The downside is the lack of privacy as people walk by.

Be careful with your stuff on the beach, especially if you go to the one towards the Sheraton. I had a pair of flip flops stolen almost right under my nose right at the edge of the Marriott property. A lot of locals use the area to get in and out of the water to surf. I had a brand new pair of flip flops and was just talking to my family in the water a few feet away from the fence. Some people came out. I saw them walk out but wasn't really paying too close attention. Some stopped near where my things were to dry themselves. I didn't notice anything suspicious. When I got to where my towel was, the flip flops were gone. There were no waves going out that far and the towels were dry right where I put them. It really left a sour taste in my my mouth.