• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott vacation club locations with golf course on-site

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I spent 3 months at grand vista..... my biggest regret is not realizing I could have taken lessons at the academy the whole time.
I don't think they offer free golf or free lessons at Grande Vista Golf Club. I think a 7 day membership is about $500.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think they offer free golf or free lessons at Grande Vista Golf Club. I think a 7 day membership is about $500.
What is the 7-day membership for? The golf academy costs way more, and I think they have 2-day and 3-day golf school.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I wasn’t expecting free, I know I’d have to pay. I just didn’t realize they had a golf academy even though it was listed on the sign out front. I’m not a golfer so I paid it no attention. Too many beers pool side I guess.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
What is the 7-day membership for? The golf academy costs way more, and I think they have 2-day and 3-day golf school.
I bet during the pandemic last year I could have negotiated a great rate.....

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
If only.....perhaps you could have been teeing it up at the Masters tomorrow. ;-)
EXACTLY!!! Or at the very least, been able to swing a club without looking ridiculous lol

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Very unlikely.
I was there June 1st, when the resort re-opened. Everything is negotiable..... you say no, I say yes, either way doesn’t matter because that time has past.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is what I was referring to. I would think it is just unlimited rounds with cart and range. Not really sure though;

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is what I was referring to. I would think it is just unlimited rounds with cart and range. Not really sure though;
I see it now. It does look like unlimited rounds with cart and range access.

I believe their golf academy has a fixed schedule and they only operate when there are enough students. A couple of years ago, I had enquired with the one in Palm Desert and they were very disorganized. I think they have scratched it off the Shadow Ridge location.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
At Marriott Newport Coast, Ca., the units overlook part of the Pelican Hill course. In fact, the TS is kind of circled by the course.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As mentioned, Marriott owners get 5 “free” (you pay for the required cart) at Manor Club. For me, it’s been the highlight of my stays there. St, Kitts is an oceanside course with one particularly scenic T-box. FYI, St. Kitts has a very attractive twilight deal beginning early enough to easily get 18.

Last edited:

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Don’t forget about Doral in Miami. Years ago when we stayed at the Doral TS, I took lessons at the Golf School at Doral (next door) and played on one of the courses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Heritage Club HHI has 10 rounds of free golf at pretty decent golf courses when staying a week. It is the best deal we have ever had. If we live on the east coast we would be back there several times a year.
A minor point but it's been reported that Heritage just renewed their golf package and it's now 12 rounds free.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I see it now. It does look like unlimited rounds with cart and range access.

I believe their golf academy has a fixed schedule and they only operate when there are enough students. A couple of years ago, I had enquired with the one in Palm Desert and they were very disorganized. I think they have scratched it off the Shadow Ridge location.
They also have a group golf lesson as one of the resort activities...I think it was like $30 for an hour group lesson.

For what it's worth, it's a nice facility and the course was in great shape.

aland0524

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club - Napili Tower; Marriott Waiohai Beach Club; Westin Nanea
I am seeing showers in the forecast. With strong wind, I can blame the wind for knocking my ball down or changing its direction. :)
VacationForever - If you're going to be in Oahu next week (or maybe you are there already), you may want to consider also playing Hawaii Prince Golf Club (Palmer/Seay design and relatively well maintained), Royal Kunia (kinda feels like a local muni but also decently maintained/very nice views of Pearl Harbor from some holes) and a few others (TeeOff/Golf Now have several Hot Deals when I look for openings for next week at definitely much better rates than what you will pay at Ko Olina). I'd also have recommended Ko-olau Golf (unfortunately now permanently closed but used to have a reputation for being one of the toughest course in the world...with a slope rating of 162 even if max rating was supposed to be 155...when we got there, the pro shop fellow said "I hope you brought enough golf balls as you will likely lose as many balls as your handicap!" Course record was apparently 63 ... lost balls! When my wife and I started the front nine and lost only 3 golf balls each... we thought we were on our way to turning professional! Unfortunately, the back nine must have heard that stupid thought and punished us like only the golf gods can! Not as many golf balls as our handicaps but still very humbling...too bad it's been closed.) Anyway, enjoy golfing in Oahu.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
VacationForever - If you're going to be in Oahu next week (or maybe you are there already), you may want to consider also playing Hawaii Prince Golf Club (Palmer/Seay design and relatively well maintained), Royal Kunia (kinda feels like a local muni but also decently maintained/very nice views of Pearl Harbor from some holes) and a few others (TeeOff/Golf Now have several Hot Deals when I look for openings for next week at definitely much better rates than what you will pay at Ko Olina). I'd also have recommended Ko-olau Golf (unfortunately now permanently closed but used to have a reputation for being one of the toughest course in the world...with a slope rating of 162 even if max rating was supposed to be 155...when we got there, the pro shop fellow said "I hope you brought enough golf balls as you will likely lose as many balls as your handicap!" Course record was apparently 63 ... lost balls! When my wife and I started the front nine and lost only 3 golf balls each... we thought we were on our way to turning professional! Unfortunately, the back nine must have heard that stupid thought and punished us like only the golf gods can! Not as many golf balls as our handicaps but still very humbling...too bad it's been closed.) Anyway, enjoy golfing in Oahu.
Thank you! We arrive tomorrow and have booked 2 rounds at Ko Olina and one at Kapolei. We have played both many times. We have also played at Hawaii Prince Golf Club and enjoyed it and we will check with our friend who is joining us for the trip as to whether he wants to switch from Kapolei to Hawaii Prince, as Kapolei as it is more pricey. He likes to play at very nice courses. I will check out Royal Kunia.

Last edited: