• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Timeshare with Shared Amenities with Other Properties

DJDaveS

Reaction score
Hi all,

My apologizes if this has been answered or there is a place online to find this info but I couldn't locate it.

I am thinking of using one of my Timeshare Weeks for Orlando in the Summer. I have two small children (7 Years old & almost 48 inches).

We are looking for a resort that has a nice pool, lazy river and preferably a waterslide my kids can enjoy.

After looking things through I am seeing the Marriott Lakeshore Reserve has pretty much what I need. But the website also says "Enjoy access to the amenities of the adjacent JW Marriott® Orlando, Grande Lakes and The Ritz-Carlton® Orlando, Grande Lakes".

So I was wondering if there are other Marriott's or Timeshares that do this same thing? Does the Grande Vista share amenities with other locations? Or Harbor Lake? etc.

Does anyone know this?

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I checked all the Marriott resorts out a couple years ago when I was there. Lakeshore Reserve is probably the best for your needs. The adjacent JW Marriott has this cool water fort area that kids under 12 would love.
Harbour Lake would be great for a 7 year old, with the pirate ship and water fort and waterslide, but overall it is a small resort. Neither it nor Grande Vista has an adjacent resort.
The only other Marriotts to consider are Royal Palms/Sabal Palms. They are adjacent to Marriott World Center hotel, with some huge waterslides, but probably too much for a 7 year old.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
As indicated, only the Palms properties and Lakeshore Reserve share amenities with a hotel. Lakeshore with the JW and the Palms with the World Center. The big feature pool at the World Center is currently closed and they say it will be open by June, but I am not so sure. I wouldn't plan a summer trip there with the hopes of using facilities at the World Center.

DJDaveS

Reaction score
I checked all the Marriott resorts out a couple years ago when I was there. Lakeshore Reserve is probably the best for your needs. The adjacent JW Marriott has this cool water fort area that kids under 12 would love.
Harbour Lake would be great for a 7 year old, with the pirate ship and water fort and waterslide, but overall it is a small resort. Neither it nor Grande Vista has an adjacent resort.
The only other Marriotts to consider are Royal Palms/Sabal Palms. They are adjacent to Marriott World Center hotel, with some huge waterslides, but probably too much for a 7 year old.

Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve is really what I want. However they only have a Studio the week I need. I have an ongoing search through Interval but I doubt I will get it.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My suggestion would be Marriott's Grande Vista as a second choice.
However, this is not a shared property. But it is very nice for children.
Please check this resort out online.