• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott St Thomas

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have a map that shows the villas layout? I am interested in knowing where the 2 BD Ocean View or Ocean Front are located.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Frenchman's Cove doesn't have view categories. There are only 2BR and 3BR units there. The bigger question is where are the 3BR units, because there are fewer of those and all the rest are 2BR.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Frenchman's Cove doesn't have view categories. There are only 2BR and 3BR units there. The bigger question is where are the 3BR units, because there are fewer of those and all the rest are 2BR.

Thanks for the reply. Are there some 2 BR that have better view than others? I have seems adds that list views. Now I know they do it incorrectly.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score

I was looking at pictures of the buildings. It seems there are two rows. However, the second row first floor appears to be at the same height as the roof of the front building. Is that correct?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was looking at pictures of the buildings. It seems there are two rows. However, the second row first floor appears to be at the same height as the roof of the front building. Is that correct?

Others know the resort much better than I. Like any property, there are units that have better views than others. Here is a 2014 thread discussing villa requests.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Currently there are four main blogs and the Crown Bldg where you checkin. There are 9 3bdrm units. 6 of them are located on the top floors of the main blogs and all have unobstructed fantastic views. 3 of them are located in the Crown bldg. That bldg is 4 stories with the top floor being the lobby and a meeting room and some offices. The lower 3 floors consist of a 2bdrm and a 3bdrm on each floor. These are among the least desirable units at the resort IMO. The views aren't terrible but you get the feeling that you are a little removed from the resort.

Generally owners of 2bdrm units won't be assigned to Crown but with 3bdrm owners it's a different story. 3bdrm units were originally marketed as " you'll always be on the top floor" Well when they built Crown that changed. If you own a 3bdrm you now have a 33% chance of being assigned to Crown and a 100% chance of not being on the top floor.

As you might guess this is really causing some concern among the 3bdrm owners.

I'm currently at the resort if anyone has questions.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Currently there are four main blogs and the Crown Bldg where you checkin. There are 9 3bdrm units. 6 of them are located on the top floors of the main blogs and all have unobstructed fantastic views. 3 of them are located in the Crown bldg. That bldg is 4 stories with the top floor being the lobby and a meeting room and some offices. The lower 3 floors consist of a 2bdrm and a 3bdrm on each floor. These are among the least desirable units at the resort IMO. The views aren't terrible but you get the feeling that you are a little removed from the resort.

Generally owners of 2bdrm units won't be assigned to Crown but with 3bdrm owners it's a different story. 3bdrm units were originally marketed as " you'll always be on the top floor" Well when they built Crown that changed. If you own a 3bdrm you now have a 33% chance of being assigned to Crown and a 100% chance of not being on the top floor.

As you might guess this is really causing some concern among the 3bdrm owners.

I'm currently at the resort if anyone has questions.

Thanks, this is very useful.

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
The three lower buildings (Virgin Gorda, Jost Von Dyke, and Tortula) are the closest to the pool and beach. Most of the units in these building have great views - the exceptions being the low floors (1-2) in Virgin Gorda and Jost Von Dyke may have some palm tree obstruction due to the growth of the trees. That would also be true for the St. Johns building which is the main upper level building. A high floor unit (4-5) in any building should have great views. The main knock on the St. Johns building is the extra set of elevators/stairs to get to the pool/beach, but that should not be a major issue IMO.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
3bdrm units were originally marketed as " you'll always be on the top floor" Well when they built Crown that changed. If you own a 3bdrm you now have a 33% chance of being assigned to Crown and a 100% chance of not being on the top floor.

Just clarifying about what's bolded.....if you are in a 3BR and in the unlucky 33% to be placed in the Crown Building, then you have a 100% chance of not getting a top floor. BUT, if you are in the lucky 67% to be in another building, then you have a 100% chance of getting a top floor.

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just clarifying about what's bolded.....if you are in a 3BR and in the unlucky 33% to be placed in the Crown Building, then you have a 100% chance of not getting a top floor. BUT, if you are in the lucky 67% to be in another building, then you have a 100% chance of getting a top floor.

Correct. I might add that if you get the 2nd or 3rd floor in Crown the view is pretty good but it's just a little narrow as you are looking past bldgs to see the water.

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here now also. We do not have a deeded week but have come the last six years for three or four weeks in January with points and II weeks. Not being a deeded owner, we feel like our best chance of a perfect view is to request top floors of St. John. There is no problem with doing another elevator. We got a 3 bedroom from II for our first week and two of our children decided to come with some of our grands. The only one that was open that week was first floor of crown. I frowned and then smiled. I had some of my family! The rest of the time we are on top floor of St. John.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 32

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Here is a sitemap that I have, I hope it helps!

Best,

Greg

Attachments

• Frenchmans Cove map.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 551

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I stayed in the Tortola building this summer. Easy walk to the pool and back. Attached a photo.