• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott St. Kitts

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Anyone have an opinion on this resort? Thinking of going in January. Is there a big difference between the garden and ocean view?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on this resort? Thinking of going in January. Is there a big difference between the garden and ocean view?
We own Garden View at St Kitts and we have always had a good view over the pool with perhaps a glimpse of the ocean.
Yes Ocean View mostly has better views, although some on the ground floor have limited if any view of the ocean itself because of the high ocean wall on one side.
Ocean Side is the best view category.
MVC only has 88 units though, with no parking lot / dumpster views and all are within a minute or two at most walk from the ocean.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
We own Garden View at St Kitts and we have always had a good view over the pool with perhaps a glimpse of the ocean.
Yes Ocean View mostly has better views, although some on the ground floor have limited if any view of the ocean itself because of the high ocean wall on one side.
Ocean Side is the best view category.
MVC only has 88 units though, with no parking lot / dumpster views and all are within a minute or two at most walk from the ocean.
Thank you. Is January a good time to go?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you. Is January a good time to go?
January is peak season and normally the best weather, so yes.
it will (Covid allowing) be the busiest period for the resort and island.
It is never super busy though.

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve traded in twice and will return. We really like the island, close proximity and full integration of the timeshare. We were in second floor garden view overlooking the pool with a view of ocean between buildings. The resort has a large beach with plenty of palapas. Ocean side golf course and lots of restaurants nearby. Check out the Salt Plage bar while there (nice outdoor Oceanside venue). Hopefully it has survived.

elked12

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Aruba Surf Club
Thank you all for the info. Booked the first week of February. Any idea why there is so much availability there but very little at St. Thomas or Aruba?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the info. Booked the first week of February. Any idea why there is so much availability there but very little at St. Thomas or Aruba?
St Kitts (until now) has been more limited by Covid related closures, restrictions, quarantine requirements...
Also they offer totally different experiences, many prefer the livelier vibe and extensive activities...etc of Aruba especially.
We just prefer the more laid back, natural feel of St Kitts.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Am also thinking of a trade into this resort in late August, early September 2021. I know that is hurricane season. Is this a poor idea? (I think the island itself would be perfect; do not need night life!) Would be for a simple, low key trip.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Am also thinking of a trade into this resort in late August, early September 2021. I know that is hurricane season. Is this a poor idea? (I think the island itself would be perfect; do not need night life!) Would be for a simple, low key trip.
I visited in early September about 5 years ago. It was fantastic. Obviously will really just depend what weather you get, but half the year is hurricane season, so I don’t let that impact my vacationing! It’s often much cheaper to go that time of year!!

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I visited in early September about 5 years ago. It was fantastic. Obviously will really just depend what weather you get, but half the year is hurricane season, so I don’t let that impact my vacationing! It’s often much cheaper to go that time of year!!

Thanks jwalk03 and that is more or less my travel philosophy too, although we had a fabulous, long anticipated trip that took a lot of work and had a lot of luck blown completely away by Irma. But I am willing to give it another try. Long trip from the west coast, so thought it would be good to not be planning something totally crazy.

For those of you who have been: is a car a good thing to have? Anything walkable from the resort? Public transportation/taxis/ride services?

Last edited:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is/was a small little strip shopping across. We didn’t have a car, taxis are cheap and easy.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We've cruised this time of year many times, only once was weather even remotely a problem for our cruise. It should be an easy time to get an exchange.

gln60

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Harbour Lake
Abound Points
I would love to visit the St. Kitts Marriot but my wife is deathly afraid of the monkeys that freely roam around...has anyone had a bad experience there?

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
We traded in for a week beginning September 19. We aren't planning on renting a car.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would love to visit the St. Kitts Marriot but my wife is deathly afraid of the monkeys that freely roam around...has anyone had a bad experience there?
In all of our visits to St Kitts, we have only ever seen a few monkeys “roaming around” in more remote parts of the island in the rainforest around Mount Liamuiga and on isolated areas of the Southern Peninsula.

sox21

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Not sure if you booked already but consider the flights if you are in a location where it snows. I live in the Northeast and my only option was 1 daily flight. Any snow at all could ruin fights in either direction with the options being so limited.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you booked already but consider the flights if you are in a location where it snows. I live in the Northeast and my only option was 1 daily flight. Any snow at all could ruin fights in either direction with the options being so limited.

Not only available flights, but the time and costs associated with reaching St. Kitts.......

Not a lot of flights, so not a lot of price competition.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not only available flights, but the time and costs associated with reaching St. Kitts.......

Not a lot of flights, so not a lot of price competition..

That is what always gives us pause about traveling to the Caribbean from the west coast. Hawaii is so much easier for us, but traveling there these days is tricky. No cars to rent and hoards of travelers and pent up demand.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
We live in RI. My family of 7, 5 adults, two children went to St Kitts two years ago. We had a fantastic time and we had a 2 bedroom garden view. The beach was nothing great but we took a taxi to the beaches twice. We loved the different pools (one right outside our timeshare) they had. We tried different restaurants and took a tour of the island. We had one taxi driver the entire time, Photoman Joe. I highly recommend him!
It is much more laid back and very different from Aruba. We had no problem getting a one stop flight out of Boston. We saw only one monkey and this was someone's pet.

jstoeber

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Surf Club, Ko Olina, Ocean Pointe
We were there a few years ago - very laid back resort and island. Group of rustic outdoor restaurants within easy walk. Beautiful beach, but roaming vendors were rather intrusive.

Keeks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We're thinking about trading for St. Kitts in 2023 (2022 plans already set). We'd be looking at mid to late June. How's the weather/occupancy/overall vibe this time of year? And how are the beaches - any snorkeling?

Definitely prefer a more chill vacation vibe. I took a look at some pics/video of Aruba and wasn't interested, and I can't quite get a read on St. Thomas/Frenchman's Cove. Thoughts on that MVC vs. St. Kitts?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're thinking about trading for St. Kitts in 2023 (2022 plans already set). We'd be looking at mid to late June. How's the weather/occupancy/overall vibe this time of year? And how are the beaches - any snorkeling?

Definitely prefer a more chill vacation vibe. I took a look at some pics/video of Aruba and wasn't interested, and I can't quite get a read on St. Thomas/Frenchman's Cove. Thoughts on that MVC vs. St. Kitts?
Hurricane season officially starts on 1st June, but you would be very unlucky to be impacted travelling at this time and the island has very rarely been badly hit.
These are the snorkelling spots, we have been snorkelling at Shitten Bay with some of the Veterinary University students and saw a good variety of fish and the odd turtle.

Olienh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club Molokai, Maui & Lanai towers 2BR OV Annual (pending)
Read the recent TripAdvisor reviews of the resort and the Covid situation. I tried to figure out why the Interval Getaways were so darn cheap right now.

Here are some quotes:
"Nobody cleaning smelly beach. The smell from the seagrass smells like rotten eggs or propane! Nauseating!"
"The only pool we can use is falling apart. There are holes everywhere from plaster that lifting from the bottom. We have stayed at many resorts and this is the worst in every way. I understand COVID vacation in place, but no restaurants, no amenities and staff is nice but equally frustrated. "
According to the MVC Hub, a lot is closed:
  • Activity Center
  • Concierge
  • Fitness Center
    The Fitness Center will reopen on August 21st, 2021 (subject to change).
  • Fitness Class
  • Golf Course (On-Site)
  • Housekeeping (Daily)
  • On-Site Convenience Store
  • On-Site Restaurant
  • Pool Bar/Grille
  • Spa Services
  • Sports Courts/Playgrounds
  • Steam Room/Sauna

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Read the recent TripAdvisor reviews of the resort and the Covid situation. I tried to figure out why the Interval Getaways were so darn cheap right now.

Here are some quotes:
"Nobody cleaning smelly beach. The smell from the seagrass smells like rotten eggs or propane! Nauseating!"
"The only pool we can use is falling apart. There are holes everywhere from plaster that lifting from the bottom. We have stayed at many resorts and this is the worst in every way. I understand COVID vacation in place, but no restaurants, no amenities and staff is nice but equally frustrated. "
According to the MVC Hub, a lot is closed:
  • Activity Center
  • Concierge
  • Fitness Center
    The Fitness Center will reopen on August 21st, 2021 (subject to change).
  • Fitness Class
  • Golf Course (On-Site)
  • Housekeeping (Daily)
  • On-Site Convenience Store
  • On-Site Restaurant
  • Pool Bar/Grille
  • Spa Services
  • Sports Courts/Playgrounds
  • Steam Room/Sauna
Keeks is asking for 2023 though, not 2021 or even 2022.

Keeks

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Hurricane season officially starts on 1st June, but you would be very unlucky to be impacted travelling at this time and the island has very rarely been badly hit.
These are the snorkelling spots, we have been snorkelling at Shitten Bay with some of the Veterinary University students and saw a good variety of fish and the odd turtle.

Thanks so much! I'll definitely check out that website. I know late June is technically hurricane season, but very early days so I'm not *super* worried about that (knocks desperately on wood). And yes, I would hope that by 2023 the pandemic will be under control and normalcy will have resumed with all MVC resorts being fully operational.