• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Sold one of our weeks

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
Marriott found a buyer for one of our Custom House gold weeks. They sold it for $6400 we received $3840. A mere pittance from we purchased it at. Overall we are happy to have sold it. Maintenance fees are becoming too much. With having a sick husband we just can’t travel as much as we did. So Marriott does do sales for weeks. Now to decide if we will sell the Platinum week.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
jewls great ending to your story. How many years did you own your Marriott’s timeshare?

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Hi jewls. Im glad to hear they were able to sell it for you. I noticed your location. I'm PA '92, originally from Derry!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
To the OP, Thanks for sharing that piece of information. The first ten (10) years of our timeshare ownership twenty (20) years ago, MF and Exchange fees were very reasonable. That was the case for us, only in the past five (5) to seven (7) years MF have sky Rocketed. IMHO.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some 25 or so years ago Marriott sold two of my Weeks for me. They did a fabulous job. It took time but while I waited they rented them for me for more than my MFs. Back then their commission was only 20%. I broke even on one of the Weeks and made a large profit on the other which I had purchased in the resale market. I'm not a fan of what Marriott has done in the last 10 years or so but have to be honest and give them credit where credit is due for how they handled the sale of my Weeks...

George

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is a good outcome considering plat weeks sell resale at less than $100 sometimes. I know i bought my EOY Plat for $500 a number of years ago.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice to hear you didn't have to pay a service to get rid of the timeshare.

jewls

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Custom House Boston
That is a good outcome considering plat weeks sell resale at less than $100 sometimes. I know i bought my EOY Plat for $500 a number of years ago.
That was for our GOLD week. They have offered considerably more for our Platinum week. We thought we’d keep that one for a little bit more. Our thought Platinum would trade better. Although I have to say we’ve had great trades with both weeks.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was for our GOLD week. They have offered considerably more for our Platinum week. We thought we’d keep that one for a little bit more. Our thought Platinum would trade better. Although I have to say we’ve had great trades with both weeks.
I know and should have said great outcome considering it was a gold week. I like owning an EOY Platinum week as it is just the right amount of time for us to keep going back to enjoy a great city like Boston. The MF costs is getting up there but still a good value in my book. We usually rent a few days to bring our cost for a 4 day excursion down a bit to make it still worth owning but not sure what the future holds if these MFs keep going up.