• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Site Can't Handle Reservation Day Again!

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like the online option of booking a week is going to be an uphill battle. 2 Weeks in a row on Wednesday morning at 6:00am the system cannot handle the volumn of people making reservations.

I was logged and at the page where I select the unit I want to reserve at 5:55am (PST). At 6:00am {PST) I click my unit and about 20 seconds goes by and I get my Studio. Complete the reservation by 6:02am (PST).

Now the fun starts. I go back to pick my next unit by selection Check Availability again. 7 minutes of watching the little circle turn and a message "Please wai while we process your request." at 6:09 I get a screen but it only shows the part about DC point reservations, my units are not listed. I click "Home" and then "Check Availability" again. 5 minutes this time to get the screen but again no units listed, just DC Points options. I log off thinking maybe it is my connection. Log back in, it takes about 2 minutes to get home screen. Check availability, 8 minutes and again no units. This continues until I finally get to see my units at 6:32am. I was only trying to book a studio and it was still available.

Long story short, I got my reservations but it took 30 minutes just to see what was available. At resorts that sell out in the first couple minutes, online seems to no longer be a good option. Getting through on the phone seems difficult. It is like winning a lottery now to get a reservation.

I never remember the online system bogging down like this before.:crash:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
It would be interesting to hear if others had this same problem, or if you are having issues with your connections.

I know that last week I had no problem, but then again I was booking of Tuesday morning so that might have been the difference. I actually got through exactly at 9:00:00 and my email time stamp was even 9:00:00. This was the first time I just relied on the computer and didn't even bother calling in simultaneously.

It would be good to be sure that they delay wasn't on your end for future reference. :wall:

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its been spotty all week for me....regardless of time of day.

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Its been spotty all week for me....regardless of time of day.
had
So, I was lucky. We own at Ocean Pointe which has Thursday check-ins so I was able to book on Tuesday. I had forgotten about that being the first day so I never got around to doing anything until about 11 AM.

I had my choice of anything I wanted, 2 BR, 1 BR, lockoff. As fast as I could enter the request, I had the 1 BR and studio reserved. Received an e-mail confirmation in 15 minutes.

Art

taxman1224

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like the online option of booking a week is going to be an uphill battle. 2 Weeks in a row on Wednesday morning at 6:00am the system cannot handle the volumn of people making reservations.

I was logged and at the page where I select the unit I want to reserve at 5:55am (PST). At 6:00am {PST) I click my unit and about 20 seconds goes by and I get my Studio. Complete the reservation by 6:02am (PST).

Now the fun starts. I go back to pick my next unit by selection Check Availability again. 7 minutes of watching the little circle turn and a message "Please wai while we process your request." at 6:09 I get a screen but it only shows the part about DC point reservations, my units are not listed. I click "Home" and then "Check Availability" again. 5 minutes this time to get the screen but again no units listed, just DC Points options. I log off thinking maybe it is my connection. Log back in, it takes about 2 minutes to get home screen. Check availability, 8 minutes and again no units. This continues until I finally get to see my units at 6:32am. I was only trying to book a studio and it was still available.

Long story short, I got my reservations but it took 30 minutes just to see what was available. At resorts that sell out in the first couple minutes, online seems to no longer be a good option. Getting through on the phone seems difficult. It is like winning a lottery now to get a reservation.

I never remember the online system bogging down like this before.:crash:

On 2/5 I posted the same issue/experience with this heading "Marriott Vac Club reservation system". I am very unhappy.

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Help! I'm going thru this now...but via the phone. Have been trying to get thru since 9:00 am and get a recording that says "Call back, Marriott can't handle the call volume". I am very unhappy. Any advice?

Last edited:

rundmc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Barony Beach - March 16 and 23, 2013

at 12:50 EST; straight to a VOA and booked my two weeks. A very pleasant experience

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
2 weeks in a row. I'm the VOA's first call of the day and I'm trying to book 2 weeks, 13 months out. Both times nothing available. I realize I'm trying to book popular weeks, but is anyone else having trouble booking at the 13 month mark? I had the same trouble last year, but previous years I had no problem. :shrug: I guess I'll be getting up early again next month.

Here's another question: I was on line while on the phone and I noticed for the February dates that opened today there were no 2 bedroom units available, but there were 2 check-in days available for the Master Suite and all 3 check-in days for the lock-off. If you can see both sides on the same days, why is there no 2 bedroom unit available? What am I missing?

Janette

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got right in at 9 but had 15 minute wait. I got Barony and GO and include St. Patrick's day and the week before Easter. The poor advisor sounded terrible and said she had a very sore throat. I called about 30 seconds before 9 as I knew the Marriott line was active and it would take a few seconds to get to owner's services.

buzzy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Got right in at 9 but had 15 minute wait. I got Barony and GO and include St. Patrick's day and the week before Easter. The poor advisor sounded terrible and said she had a very sore throat. I called about 30 seconds before 9 as I knew the Marriott line was active and it would take a few seconds to get to owner's services.

I got reserved at 9:00 without a problem but could not use my reservation number on the II website to deposit it and had to call. Are you referring to just making the reservation only?

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
2 weeks in a row. I'm the VOA's first call of the day and I'm trying to book 2 weeks, 13 months out. Both times nothing available. I realize I'm trying to book popular weeks, but is anyone else having trouble booking at the 13 month mark? I had the same trouble last year, but previous years I had no problem. :shrug: I guess I'll be getting up early again next month.

Here's another question: I was on line while on the phone and I noticed for the February dates that opened today there were no 2 bedroom units available, but there were 2 check-in days available for the Master Suite and all 3 check-in days for the lock-off. If you can see both sides on the same days, why is there no 2 bedroom unit available? What am I missing?

A few possibilities. If it is a resort with 3 BR units, the lock-off could be from them. The lock-offs and master suites might be in different view categories. There may be some villas that the system designates as being only available to be reserved as lock-offs or master suites.

Besides "noticing" during the phone call, did you happen to ask if the available lock-offs and suites could be combined for a 2 BR reservation? Humans can and do over ride the computer on occasion.

Art

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Haven't booked my Marriott for next year yet, but just booked Starwood for 2013. I got in the phone queue at 9:00:02AM (line opened at 9AM). Every single OF/OV Maui villa was gone within the first 8 minutes this morning! Not surprising that systems have problems dealing with the volume of people wanting prime weeks. Maybe the economy really is picking up?

Last edited:

NWL

TUG Member
Reaction score
A few possibilities. If it is a resort with 3 BR units, the lock-off could be from them. The lock-offs and master suites might be in different view categories. There may be some villas that the system designates as being only available to be reserved as lock-offs or master suites.

Besides "noticing" during the phone call, did you happen to ask if the available lock-offs and suites could be combined for a 2 BR reservation? Humans can and do over ride the computer on occasion.

Art

No 3 bed units at my resort, and only one view category ("excellent"). Your last thought has possibilities, although that info is probably a well kept secret. ;)

I didn't ask if they could be combined, but I did ask why I couldn't see a 2 bedroom unit, but could see master suites and lock-offs for the same days. He had no clue as to why. Since I did not want those days, I didn't push the issue.

We'll see what happens next month!