• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Shadow Ridge - advice on room preferences

lmkucala

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi -

We're staying in a 1 BR that we booked through II Dec 9-16, and I received an email from Marriott (it came early because our reservation was originally for October) asking for room preferences. The drop-down options we have are:
1st Floor​
High Floor​
Buildings 1000-1500​
Buildings 1600-2300​
Buildings 2400-3000​

We can pick a 1st and 2nd choice (I assume we would pick 1st floor or High floor in one, and a building section in the other).

Any suggestions on what we select as preferences? We're not too picky about being close to a pool (it is just my husband and myself - new empty nesters looking to play golf and explore the area).

We've never been to the resort (or Palm Desert for that matter) so any advice is appreciated!

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Since you like golf, perhaps look at the resort map and request units on the north end strip that face north towards the golf course.

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We usually ask for the villas close to the activity center, in the opposite direction from the Chuckwalla pool. The building numbers we prefer are 1900, 1700, and 2100, in that order. And we usually ask for the first (ground floor). We enjoy watching the golfers approach the 16th green. It is incredible how many balls go into the water, and how many like to retrieve as many balls as they can. sometimes things don’t work out as planned for them. You can also watch wildlife enjoying the stream there. it does get afternoon sun there, but that might be appreciated in December.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Prefer Bldg 2600-2800. It’s near the smaller pool.