• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott San Antem in Mallorca

SteveL92

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 2/1 unit there, purportedly red, and am looking for some advice:

1. What would be a good price?
2. What kind of trade power would such a unit have?
3. Thoughts on the resort itself.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There are four different "seasons" (Gold Holiday, Platinum, Gold and Silver) at this resort, each with different trading power and different value. If you can add which season you are considering, you'll likely get better responses.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
...purportedly red...
All weeks at this resort, except weeks 1-4, are red in II's exchange system. However, there are many different variants of red, all depending on the historical trading strength of and demand for the particular week that you reserve and deposit with II.

Knowing the season you are considering will help narrow the definition of "red".

englishowner

TUG Member
Reaction score
A little Son Antem advice

Steve,

can't help you with a good price for the above, have been looking myself recently but can not find any for sale in any of the usual places. However I can tell you that I've been there and it is very good. It's slightly different to most other Marriotts as the units are two storey and more like a little house with bedrooms and bathrooms upstairs. Also each villa has its own small garden at the back and each group of villas has its own private pool. When we were there it was still under construction and we just about had the pool to ourselves for the whole week and that was in August. Club Son Antem is also right next to a Marriott hotel with two golf courses and a wonderful pool area. The Spa also was excellent. If you look on Trip Advisor there are mixed reviews but I have to say we had no complaints at all.

So much so we bought a week there, not to visit so much but for trading purposes. We bought Silver and have since traded this for Desert Springs 11, Grande Vista, Ocean Pointe, Playa Andaluza and this year for Canyon Villas. I must add that apart from Playa Andaluza which was for Easter last year, all these trades have been during English school holidays, ie late July and early August, so they may not be seen as good trades due to the time of year, but they have suited us. We also got two weeks in Phuket for July/August but cancelled due to personal reasons. I am sure there are those out there who do not think these are particularly good trades, but in my opinion with the incentive we got and the trips we've already had I think this week has already paid for itself. Maintenance fees are just short of 700 euros this year.

Having said all this, I have been looking to sell my week to buy a platinum resale somewhere cos since I've joined TUG I have realised just how much more power they have. I rang Son Antem last week and they are not buying back yet as they are only 75% sold. I only want a platinum to try to guarantee early trades as then this makes flights etc cheaper.

Hope not bored you too much, happy to answer any further questions
Lynne