• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Sales Presentation Incentive

bastroum

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were in Aruba in October and received $200 for a 1 hour and 15 minute sales presentation. Yesterday we checked into Marriott's Grande Vista in Orlando and was told they would pay $175.00 for another 1 hour and 15 minute presentation less than 60 days later. Doesn't make sense to me, however, they can entertain me for 2 1/2 hours for $375!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Different incentives are offered in different locations. It also depends on how busy the sales center is. If they have a lot of people signing up for the presentations, they will offer lower incentives. If they need to fill seats they will offer more. Also, they do profile people. If they think you are a more likely candidate to purchase, they are more likely to offer a higher incentive. If you attend a lot of presentations and never buy, then they may be more likely to offer a lower incentive.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning

at Lakeshore they offered me 25K MR points with an option for 30K if I went at 7:45..

If the are profiling attenders but non buyers they are not doing so well...

I was going to go, but after reading previous thread on Grande Vista presentations... I decided not too...

Personally, I have had enough of them..even for the points...!!! nevver thought I would say this...it;s just a stupid game..the deskperson gets $$$ for fannies in the seats and the sales peple hatethem for putting point mongers (like me) in the seats..

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Ko Olina

They were offering $75 for presentation. When I went to register and they found out that it was just me, they said it is $37.50 as it was only one person. I told him forget it not worth it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They were offering $75 for presentation. When I went to register and they found out that it was just me, they said it is $37.50 as it was only one person. I told him forget it not worth it.

Did they not offer a whole bunch of discounts and gift certificates as well? My husband wanted the $200 discount on a round of golf for 2 at Ko Olina. Regular was $179 per person, so that got us down to $79 per person. Plus there were a bunch of gift certicates for restaurants etc. We had the 2nd worst timeshare salesperson whom we have ever met. I told my husband to never do it again and his response was he would do it again for the same amount. Sigh.

Quadmaniac

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge (x2), Ko Olina week 51 (x3) & 52(x2)
Did they not offer a whole bunch of discounts and gift certificates as well? My husband wanted the $200 discount on a round of golf for 2 at Ko Olina. Regular was $179 per person, so that got us down to $79 per person. Plus there were a bunch of gift certicates for restaurants etc. We had the 2nd worst timeshare salesperson whom we have ever met. I told my husband to never do it again and his response was he would do it again for the same amount. Sigh.

Whatever they were offering was half as well. I didn't really look into the other options that closely.

gregloucks

TUG Member
Reaction score
They offered us 35,000 points or a $200 AMEX card at NCV this week. I've seen offers of 30,000 before, but never 35,000. Sounds to me like a push to firm up the last quarter's numbers.

Last edited:

Ann in CA

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Mountainside, Marriott's Waiohai, Marriott's Canyon Villas, Marriott's Marbella, Shell Vacation Club
They offer us 35,000 points or a $200 AMEX card at NCV this week. I've seen offers of 30,000 before, but never 35,000. Sounds to me like a push to firm up the last quarter's numbers.

We were offered 25,000 points when we checked in to NCV last Sunday. We had already told them we'd just done what turned out to be a full presentation (the "concierge" gave us the impression it would just be a slide presentation) at Timber Lodge in October, so with the blue sky, and sun shining on the Pacific, we did not want more presentation time anyway. It had been a bit less than 60 days, but I should probably have asked what the other offers were. We'd certainly rather have had the 35,000 at Newport than the 15,000 at Timber Lodge!

temiatwork

Reaction score
I got a 20k MR points accepting the Lakeshore presentation. We stayed at Harbour lake.

mas

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MAR BeachPlace;
Cypress Harbour;
Ocean Watch;
Canyon Villas;
It used to be one sales presentation per year. According to several sales people that I have talked to, that restriction is no longer in place--YMMV.

GreenTea

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were offered 250 DC points for a session at Grande Ocean. We didn't go.

If we keep saying no do they eventually quit inviting? At some point I might want to go for more information.

dneveu

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor, Marriott Shadow Ridge, Marriott Grand Chateau
P

It used to be one sales presentation per year. According to several sales people that I have talked to, that restriction is no longer in place--YMMV.

We generally pass on these but did attend a presentation in October. Our first in years. When we happened to mention we would be coming back to the Palm Springs again for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and in January, Sales advised us Marriott is only allowing owners to tour with gift every six months For these last several trips they have not contacted us ahead of time nor asked upon checkin if we wanted to attend. We figure they have a way to track eligibility, at least in Palm Springs.

NYFLTRAVELER

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our last 2 sales presentation experiences were at Grande Vista in Mar 2015 and in St. Thomas this past holiday season.

I did not care for the salesperson at Grande Vista (who seemed to only want to talk about what was on script) and the "closer" was pushy too. The "quality assurance" (Encore sales) rep was a nice guy but we did not purchase anything during this presentation. We collected our 250 DC points and $125 gift card and moved on.

Most recently, we attended a presentation in St. Thomas. Here, the salesperson was extremely pleasant [and we were in fact interested in acquiring additional points] however the "manager" who came through rubbed us the wrong way and we passed. The quality assurance (Encore) sales rep then came in -- and while he came across as a typical encore salesperson-- we did purchase an encore package as it provides us with an additional trip at a reasonable cost.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 2 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd)
I was at Ocean Pointe during Christmas week in two studios, We did not get solicited for a presentation. I usually only go if rain is forecasted, I can get that rain day and the incentive is worth it. I really do not enjoy going but if I do, I developed a simple approach to the presentation. I start off by explaining on how I vacation, what I own, how I acquired them and how I use them. I let them know they have the remaining allotted time showing me how my vacationing strategy can be enhanced in a cost effective way.

Last August when I attended a presentation in HHI, I added that I was approached, explained I only purchase resale, that I am 99.99 percent sure I would not buy and I was offered an incentive that was worth going to on a rainy day. We got out on time. They offered a very good off island golf package.

ArBravesFan

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean Pointe presentation

We have gone to numerous sales presentations but had not gone to one in two years. It was a stormy day so we went. Heard about Starwood and "new" timeshares. There is talk about hotel conversions in San Diego and Hawaii as well as the ones in NYC and DC (which we all know). Zero pressure to buy and got out with 21 minutes to spare. Score!:banana:

TRAVELING FOOL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here in HH and have a scheduled presentation set for this Thurs. at Surfwatch. Incentive was 250 destination points ( 5 nights in low season next winter! ) and $25. Just received a call from Oceana Palms, our next stop, where the woman tried to sway me with canceling here and offering 1) $175 visa or 2) 20,000 MRP. I told her no thanks, but I will take the 250 DP.plus $25. She then offered that to me if I cancelled here. They must be desperate for bodies! If I'm not mistaken, I thought I'd read on Tug how awful they were treated at their presentation at OP.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here in HH and have a scheduled presentation set for this Thurs. at Surfwatch. Incentive was 250 destination points ( 5 nights in low season next winter! ) and $25. Just received a call from Oceana Palms, our next stop, where the woman tried to sway me with canceling here and offering 1) $175 visa or 2) 20,000 MRP. I told her no thanks, but I will take the 250 DP.plus $25. She then offered that to me if I cancelled here. They must be desperate for bodies! If I'm not mistaken, I thought I'd read on Tug how awful they were treated at their presentation at OP.

You can get awful treatment anywhere. Our presentation at Surfwatch was one of the worst ever. We have had both good and bad at just about every sales office we have been to more than once. It all depends on the sales rep you get assigned.