• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott ROFR - no second chance offers allowed?

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott exercised their ROFR on one of my purchases, and I submitted a higher second chance offer to the seller, and we resubmitted that to Marriott. However Marriott got back to us and said this is not possible, that once they exercise ROFR, the week is sold to them, and we cannot submit a second chance offer. Is this true? I am surprised we cannot do a second chance offer.

Pens_Fan

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott exercised their ROFR on one of my purchases, and I submitted a higher second chance offer to the seller, and we resubmitted that to Marriott. However Marriott got back to us and said this is not possible, that once they exercise ROFR, the week is sold to them, and we cannot submit a second chance offer. Is this true? I am surprised we cannot do a second chance offer.

That would seem to be correct.

What would Marriott have to gain by allowing you to find out what point they will not purchase it at?

Would you expect them to give you a third chance, or a fourth?

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
once they exercise ROFR, the week is sold to them, and we cannot submit a second chance offer. Is this true?

that's how ROFR works, yes.

you make the deal and if they like it, they take it.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since Marriott "changes" the terms of the contract, closing costs and things like that, many sellers simply back of of the deal at Marriott's terms and refuse to sign the contract with them. At that point the seller can simply look for better terms.

Not saying it's legal, just saying it's done that way on occasion. Do not shoot the messenger.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

So, please tell us all what you were buying that Marriott exercised the ROFR on, and at what price?

ada903

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did post this a while back, Waiohai island view annual for $3,500. I would have paid $6,000 on the second offer, but I was told it is not possible.