• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Reward Points - When are they Deposited?

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
When are Marriott Reward Points deposited if I wait until January and trade my 2013 week?

I could either 1) trade a 2012 week now, or 2) wait until January and trade the 2013 week. I would like to obtain and deposit a 2012 Christmas week with Interval and thus like option 2 better if I get the points in January.

Thanks in advance.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly the points for trading a 2012 week will show up in your account within a few days. If you trade a 2013 week even if it is a Jan 2013 I don't think you will see those points until Dec 2012.

wvacations

TUG Member
Reaction score
To trade your 2012 week for MRD points you must notify Marriott no later than December 31, 2011. The points will post to your Rewards account in January 2012. If you exchange a 2013 week for MRD points, you can notify Marriott any time between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012 and the the points wil post to your Rewards account in January 2013.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think I have seen it reported here that while they indicate that the points will be in your account by January of the use year, you usually end up getting them much earlier. Sometime around August or September prior to the use year you traded?

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
Agree with dioxide - if you trade your 2013 usage in early 2012, and assuming that things continue as in the past, the points are likely to show up in your account around September 2012.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I traded our Newport Coast 2012 week for points. Requested the transaction about a week ago -- and the points have been in our M.R. account.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I will trade for MRP now with the 2012 week and then get a President's week for 2013 to deposit.

Last year I traded for MRP in November and the points were deposited right away. I wasn't sure what would happen if I deposited early in the year.

CapriciousC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I have seen it reported here that while they indicate that the points will be in your account by January of the use year, you usually end up getting them much earlier. Sometime around August or September prior to the use year you traded?

That has been our experience. Both times we've traded for points we have done it in the summer before the use year, and both times the points were credited sometime around September.