• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Resales

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was looking for information if Marriott is still doing buybacks and/or brokered resales. I have done many of both in the past but I know at some point that website basically went dark. I am not looking to off load any of mine at the moment but my Uncle bought two Ocean Pointe units pre-construction and two units resale. He no longer goes and just rents them out but he is ready to be done with it so before I have him post resales on Redweek I just wanted to check the latest with Marriott doing a direct or a brokered.

Thank you,
Saintsfalfl

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
Still talks about a resale program here....

I'm sure it greatly depends on the resort/season/unit/view, etc., whether they would consider it, or just offer a takeback.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hey, long time no see :)

Marriott still has both programs. Though outside of extraordinary weeks, they don't pay anything for a deedback. No fees or anything, but they will take straight deedbacks. They also have the brokered resale operations as they sell quite a number of bundle deals using these listings. Here is information on how to contact them to find out your options.

BreakingAway

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Monarch at Sea Pines (1)
Marriott Grande Ocean (4)
Thank you!
My own experience a few years ago when I asked Marriott what they would pay me for the weeks I owned, I was offered $3,000 for one of the weeks. I posted a resale ad and accepted an offer for $9,000 two weeks later. They offered to take the other weeks for $0. I sold one of the weeks for $5,000 but it took 2 months. I kept the rest which are selling for $5-9,000 each. I think Ocean Pointe weeks in any season have good value on the resale market. Or you can “gift” them to Marriott.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
Redweek listings are not very expensive and there is little risk. You can also use their full-service alternative. I would not hesitate to list there - little risk and easy to use.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
A couple of thoughts, I haven't run the numbers in awhile but while MVC will broker your week for a 50% commission, they sell at such a high price your net may be close to the resale market value. You can also where in the queue your week would be. No reason you can't do both and see which one hits first.

Redweek is useful if selling yourself, but I'd be less enthused about using Full Service vs your own broker. My experience has not been good, though others have done better. Likely depends on who you get assigned. My biggest concern is I've seen two recent listings for Maui Lahaina 2BR OF via RW Full Service, both offered at values that will clearly not pass ROFR...granted, which doesn't affect the seller, but leaves money on the table. Their listings have also been wrong, particular when it comes to fixed week units on Maui. Not an issue for your week, but I'd either just list myself and close through LT Transfers or Paul Larki, https://timeshareclosinggroup.com/. A broker will likely charge 20% or $2K commission, whichever is greater.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
A couple of thoughts, I haven't run the numbers in awhile but while MVC will broker your week for a 50% commission, they sell at such a high price your net may be close to the resale market value. You can also where in the queue your week would be. No reason you can't do both and see which one hits first.

Redweek is useful if selling yourself, but I'd be less enthused about using Full Service vs your own broker. My experience has not been good, though others have done better. Likely depends on who you get assigned. My biggest concern is I've seen two recent listings for Maui Lahaina 2BR OF via RW Full Service, both offered at values that will clearly not pass ROFR...granted, which doesn't affect the seller, but leaves money on the table. Their listings have also been wrong, particular when it comes to fixed week units on Maui. Not an issue for your week, but I'd either just list myself and close through LT Transfers or Paul Larki, https://timeshareclosinggroup.com/. A broker will likely charge 20% or $2K commission, whichever is greater.
BreakingAway's specific examples seem counter to your suggestion to sell to Marriott