• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Priority and Interval

nokaoi9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Sheraton, Westin
Over the past week I've been looking on Interval to see if I may want to trade instead of visiting my home resorts. In the past I've seen quite a bit of Marriott searching with my Ko Olina or Newport week that I wouldn't with my Sheraton Vistana week. Now I see the exact same units with both. I tested this by looking at Hawaii (Ko Olina) at 2AM eastern time, which is available when I go to bed, but gone by the time I wake up. This has been a reoccurring theme throughout the week, and easy to check daily while I'm here in Hawaii.

Does anyone know if there is still a Marriott priority in II, or do Starwood owners now have the same access to Marriott properties just as early since Interval bought Vistana?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
Over the past week I've been looking on Interval to see if I may want to trade instead of visiting my home resorts. In the past I've seen quite a bit of Marriott searching with my Ko Olina or Newport week that I wouldn't with my Sheraton Vistana week. Now I see the exact same units with both. I tested this by looking at Hawaii (Ko Olina) at 2AM eastern time, which is available when I go to bed, but gone by the time I wake up. This has been a reoccurring theme throughout the week, and easy to check daily while I'm here in Hawaii.

Does anyone know if there is still a Marriott priority in II, or do Starwood owners now have the same access to Marriott properties just as early since Interval bought Vistana?

I don't have a data-driven response but would be very surprised to see this permanently change. I would think it is a glitch.

Even though Interval bought Starwood, they shouldn't be able to impact Marriotts preference which is a totally different system.

I will look when possible with my Worldmark/Starwood/Marriott to see if the preference is intact. It would be interesting if this became a permanent glitch - and we would all buy SDOs.

Best,

Greg

krj9999

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not an issue that I can tell. Search for Newport Coast Villas or BeachPlace Towers; and I think you'll see units in preference.

I've not seen too much Marriott inventory for Hawaii of late, other than really last minute stuff or studios (which often don't get priority).

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just received MKO 1br July 2017 trade last week, using gold Willow Ridge 1 br. I believe the priority is still there.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received MKO 1br July 2017 trade last week, using gold Willow Ridge 1 br. I believe the priority is still there.
pchung6,
Just a quick question - when did you place your request? Glad the Marriott priority is still in place!
Thanks, CJ

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
pchung6,
Just a quick question - when did you place your request? Glad the Marriott priority is still in place!
Thanks, CJ

Hi Mauitraveler,

I placed my OGS about 2 weeks ago and got matched last week. I was surprised I received summer week Hawaii using my weak trader. I requested all Marriott Hawaii units for June, July and August.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Mauitraveler,

I placed my OGS about 2 weeks ago and got matched last week. I was surprised I received summer week Hawaii using my weak trader. I requested all Marriott Hawaii units for June, July and August.
Thanks, pchung6,

Enjoy your vacation next year! CJ

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Hi Mauitraveler,

I'm a II trading neophyte, but I continue to be amazed and the variability in the II trading experience as I read TUG. You got a great high-season up-trade to Hawaii with only a week or so of waiting, while I've been waiting to match for a shoulder season fall 2017 (mid-September to mid-October 2017) trade request into Hilton Head Grande Ocean - using an off-season/shoulder season Hilton Head Barony Beach Club week - since April 2016. Obviously, I didn't expect anything to hit between April 2016 and the date that fall 2017 reservations could be made in mid-September 2016, but I'm frankly surprised that some of the trades I read about here on TUG get matched so quickly but this one hasn't. I've now been within the potential match window for over two months. II calls every couple of weeks to try to get me to take something at Harbour Point or lately, a Grande Ocean week in late October or early November, outside of our desired travel window.

I realize we're still 10-11 months out, and I've been told by a Hilton Head veteran here on TUG that I shouldn't get too concerned until Spring 2017. He thinks I will get a match sometime in the first three to five months of the new year. So I'm not "concerned" yet, I just don't quite understand how a gold Willow Ridge can match a summer KoOlina so quickly while something that is much closer to an even trade might take months. I'm trading a week 12 Silver Barony (TDI 100), trying to "move-up" slightly to fall 2017 Gold season at Grande Ocean (roughly week 37-42, TDI 100-110).

I would have thought that most deposits would be made in and around the 12 month reservation window opening, so that's why I had originally expected to get a match fairly soon after the window opened. But based on what I was told to not expect a match until early 2017, I guess maybe that early depositing is not the case? I know TUGgers reserve and deposit early, but maybe the majority of owners wait until 6-9 months out? :shrug: It looks like your request matched around 8 months out. Any ideas from anyone on when the majority of the II deposits get made?

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not too sure if/how much this might be down to Marriott Priority, but our ongoing search with our 2x 2 bed St Kitts Gold Weeks has now resulted in 2x 2 bed Phuket Beach Club Platinum weeks exchanges confirmed for November 2017.
St Kitts has always been our best exchanger, which is very encouraging as the DC Points allocation is poor.
Even so, this is the earliest that we have ever received confirmations so a most encouraging sign that Interval exchanges can still work well.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
...and just to close the loop, as I posted in another thread, the trade request I referenced above in post #8 did come through on November 27. Got a September 15-22 week at Grande Ocean.