• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott passes on Grande Vista ROFR

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought grande vista gold season for $50 and it passed ROFR.
Marriott has no interests on gold season.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
I bought grande vista gold season for $50 and it passed ROFR.
Marriott has no interests on gold season.

Thanks for sharing. I may want to pick up an EOY gold in Orlando. This is something I would actually use on occasion and could trade the rest of the time.

mcm21078

TUG Member
Reaction score
sort of off-topic but why is Gold season looked upon as being so poor? My wife is a teacher and we are just starting a family (we have a 1.5 year old with another on the way) and it seems as though June-July-August are the best months for us to vacation. Even if we had a platinum week I doubt my wife would want to travel during her weeks off for school vacation. She uses that time to relax and catch up on errands and stuff like that. Gold is great for us.

Also we went to Aruba for our honeymoon in 2009 and was during Easter week (school vacation week) and it was PACKED. Still had a great time but we enjoyed it more the past 2 Augusts its been quieter.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
sort of off-topic but why is Gold season looked upon as being so poor? My wife is a teacher and we are just starting a family (we have a 1.5 year old with another on the way) and it seems as though June-July-August are the best months for us to vacation. Even if we had a platinum week I doubt my wife would want to travel during her weeks off for school vacation. She uses that time to relax and catch up on errands and stuff like that. Gold is great for us.

Also we went to Aruba for our honeymoon in 2009 and was during Easter week (school vacation week) and it was PACKED. Still had a great time but we enjoyed it more the past 2 Augusts its been quieter.

Gold season in Orlando has very little value for most. Think seriously hot Orlando in the summer. There are alot of gold season weeks with nice value and high demand. Gold season in HHI for instance.

mcm21078

TUG Member
Reaction score
OK that makes more sense...at Surf Club Gold is May 1 - mid Dec. I'm still learning the ropes of TSing but we do know we love Aruba, so we bought there.

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Weeks 1-17 and 22-34, 51 & 52 are platinum - this includes all summer weeks
Weeks 18-21 and 35-50 are gold

Put another way: gold season is May and late-August through mid-December. Sometimes week 35 (end of August) will be a full week off school, but most years it would not be possible for my family to vacation during gold season without missing some school days.

mcm21078

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess I was under the wrong impression that most timeshares had the summer months in their Gold season

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Didn't you sell one of your MGV weeks on Ebay for a couple grand? Did that one pass ROFR or did it fall through.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I guess I was under the wrong impression that most timeshares had the summer months in their Gold season

Many timeshares have the summer weeks in their Platinum season, because school vacation weeks are generally in higher demand.

Although the climate is pretty stable year round in Aruba, there is higher demand from Northeasterners trying to escape the winter cold, so the Platinum season season there encompasses those higher demand winter weeks. In Aruba the rest of the year is Gold. Other Caribbean properties have Gold and Silver seasons, with the Fall months during hurricane season designated Silver.

There are other beach properties and coastal properties where the weather is best during the summer (ex- HH resorts, NCV, Fairway, etc.) so those months are Platinum. And there are other destinations considered to have equal demand all year round (although certainly there are higher demand weeks than others), so they are Platinum only.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

While blistering hot in Orlando in the summer, it is prime school break and people take their kids to Orlando when school is out. It is still behind New Years and Easter for peak times, but not by much.

Last edited: