• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ocean Pointe - which building

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just snagged a 3BR with an AC for next Friday. Our first time there. If I have a chance to request a building or buildings any recommendations? Thank you!

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My Mom owns at Ocean Pointe and always requests Pompano Building. It is by one of the pools (quieter pool) and is centrally located. However, my husband and I have stayed there and also found the building at the far end of the property to be quiet and with unique views of the ships coming in and out of the inlet. Don't remember the name. It may be Sailfish? It is personal preference - we like it because it is on the inlet and the ocean and has its own pool and bar. However, my Mom does not like it because it is separated from the rest of the resort by a privately owned condo - so it is not centrally located and is a short walk by street or beach to get to the rest of the property - there is no pathway through it, just around it.

Reactions: LMD

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Kingfish is the building by the inlet. Keep in mind that there are only five 3BR units in that building while the rest of the resort has 28. So your chances of getting Kingfish are slim, though not as many people like it, so you might get it on request. We stayed in Kingfish a couple weeks ago in a 2BR ocean side. I probably wouldn't request it again. While it is quieter, the pool is very small. Perhaps if we had an ocean front unit, it would be better. I did a video about it.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Kingfish is the building by the inlet. Keep in mind that there are only five 3BR units in that building while the rest of the resort has 28. So your chances of getting Kingfish are slim, though not as many people like it, so you might get it on request. We stayed in Kingfish a couple weeks ago in a 2BR ocean side. I probably wouldn't request it again. While it is quieter, the pool is very small. Perhaps if we had an ocean front unit, it would be better. I did a video about it.
I watched the video. I will request anything but Kingfish :)

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
In Pompano, all three bedroom units face south. That means you get a lovely view of the old private condo buildings next door. At least they repainted it from the ugly pink to a more pleasant white, but it’s still not a beautiful building to look at.

Cobia 3 bedroom units face south. You look down on the Cobia hot tub directly below the studio side or out onto the Cobia pool.

Dolphin 3 bedroom units are over the Market Place, which is convenient if you need a cup of Starbucks brand coffee in the morning, and faces north looking towards the Sailfish pools.

Sailfish 3 bedroom units face south and also look over the sailfish pools.

On the main campus, all three bedrooms look into the resort EXCEPT Pompano, which is why we request any u it EXCEPT Pompano.

Kingfish is remote as it’s separated from the main campus by the privately owned condo buildings. It has its own pool, a small hot tub, it’s own fitness center and it’s own bar, but the bar has rather limited hours, limited seating and a limited menu. All 3 bedroom Kingfish units face north, which looks directly towards that ugly private condo building again. However, it is also closest to the inlet and provides some nice views of the boat traffic coming and going. If you watch you can often see dolphin playing at the mouth of the inlet. You’re also more apt to get a low floor because Kingfish only has 5 floors. We enjoy Kingfish but, it’s because we like the seclusion and being closer to the inlet. Kingfish has only 5 Three bedroom units while there are 28 of the. In the main campus.

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Second floor Cobia building. It was perfect!

Attachments

• 2558E68B-C880-4DE1-9EE5-A63588F6CB39.jpeg
    2558E68B-C880-4DE1-9EE5-A63588F6CB39.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We liked the Salifish building, and their 3 bedroom villa.