• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ocean Point Silver week

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Prices seem to be dropping on resale units. I'm wondering with the turmoil that MVCI sales seems to be in (reading streattalkblog.com) if sales that use to not stand a chance of passing ROFR are now begining to slip by.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Prices seem to be dropping on resale units. I'm wondering with the turmoil that MVCI sales seems to be in (reading streattalkblog.com) if sales that use to not stand a chance of passing ROFR are now begining to slip by.

streettalkblog.com

Interesting read....

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, Jim! I am thinking of hovering around ebay to look for another couple of weeks....but, I know nothing about the process. What is "a 1 and a 0 feedback bidder"?

Smooth Air:cool:

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful of buying any Timeshare off of ebay. I've seen some listings which are not accurate or misrepresented, and many times the sellers wants their funds when the auction ends, NOT. Always use an escrow service so you don't get ripped off. Also be sure you'll receive a full refund if the ROFR is in fact exercised. Protect yourself and be careful. Something that looks too good to be true may be a bad buy.

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
TTT: Thx for your tips. I have reservations about the whole ebay process. It kind of makes me nervous. But, it sure is fun to read about it!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Don't feel too bad about your purchase dioxide45.
That is a 1BR unit that you referenced above. :)

Terry

You are correct. I feel a little better now.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure i understand this thread. is this for OCEAN POINT on singer island?
if so, those units are all 2 bedroom lockoffs.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Hi, Jim! I am thinking of hovering around ebay to look for another couple of weeks....but, I know nothing about the process. What is "a 1 and a 0 feedback bidder"?

It refers to the number of feedbacks based on either sales or purchases made. A 1 has only 1 feedback for either a sale or a purchase. A 0 may not have ever bought or sold a week. These bidders may very well be legitimate bidders (I purcahsed a week when I was a 0 feedback bidder) or they could be shills bidding only to drive up the price (buyer bidding on his own unit under a different name).

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
i'm not sure i understand this thread. is this for OCEAN POINT on singer island?
if so, those units are all 2 bedroom lockoffs.

That's correct. It pays to know something about any resort you're bidding on. Listings on E-bay are often less than accurate.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That's correct. It pays to know something about any resort you're bidding on. Listings on E-bay are often less than accurate.

The Ocean Point on EBay was a 2BR unit. The MGV week I referred to was only a 1BR.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful of buying any Timeshare off of ebay. I've seen some listings which are not accurate or misrepresented, and many times the sellers wants their funds when the auction ends, NOT. Always use an escrow service so you don't get ripped off. Also be sure you'll receive a full refund if the ROFR is in fact exercised. Protect yourself and be careful. Something that looks too good to be true may be a bad buy.

I agree with this statement, but if you do know what you are doing, and deal with a reputable dealer, you can find some steals on e-bay. I've scored a Marriott Grand Ocean Gold OF for $13800, never seen another for less than $16K. And just recently a Plat Newport Coast for $14000(hasn't passed ROFR yet). This is also the lowest price I've ever seen. Others have also found big deals, so if you are in the market for a TS, I would seriously consider checking e-bay

Regards.
Joe

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
"Marriott Grand Ocean Gold OF for $13800"

Wow! If you don't mind saying, when did this pass ROFR?