• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ocean Point - Arriving a day early

barb1228

Reaction score
My Daughter's family is flying in to West Palm Beach on Dec 31, 2008, a day earlier than our scheduled timeshare stay in Marriott Ocean Point. She is hoping to get a rental for one night (Dec 31) in a studio in MOP. Any chance of this? What would be the best way to go about it. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barbara

Jan&Ern

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Barbara - if you're a member of RCI you can call them for their "One Night Stays" and see if there's a timeshare unit available in Orlando/Kissimmee the night they need. We've done it before and stayed for $59 for one night in a 2 bedroom condo. We were told we'd be charged a $40 cleaning fee but the resort did not charge us. I'd give it a try.

Art

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just checked the Marriott site. OP is not available that night.

Art

DanR

TUG Member
Reaction score
If she's flying into Palm Beach it would be about a 3 hour drive to get to Orlando/Kissimmee.
It would be better to stay in the Palm Beach area.
Lots of hotels nearby.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
My Daughter's family is flying in to West Palm Beach on Dec 31, 2008, a day earlier than our scheduled timeshare stay in Marriott Ocean Point. She is hoping to get a rental for one night (Dec 31) in a studio in MOP. Any chance of this? What would be the best way to go about it. Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Barbara

Since your talking NYE and are looking at this late date, I'm thinking the chances are pretty slim. A hotel room for the night might be the best chance.

There was a Best Western Sea Spray Inn that is right next door to Ocean Pointe. I can't vouch for the quality or the price but it would be very convenient. There is also a Hilton that is maybe a mile down the road from Ocean Pointe that is an Ocean Front hotel that would probably be nicer and more expensive.......if they even have rooms available for NYE.

barb1228

Reaction score
Thanks eveyone for all your input. The Best Western Sea Spray Inn suggestion was very helpful (thanks Doug). I'm looking into that.

I'm hoping that an owner occupying MOPs 2-bedroom unit during that week and doesn't use the guest lockoff will rent it out. I know it is a longshot especially because it is only a one-night deal. However the Sea Spray Inn is a very convenient alternative. It has mixed reviews (some love it, some hate it) but it is only one night.

Thanks again everyone.

Barbara