• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott MVCI Legacy Weeks Question

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark
Is there such a thing as a Membership/Owners Guide for MVCI legacy weeks owners. I'd like a link or pdf. I'm looking at a resale and want to read up on it. HICV has a great Members' Guide.

Thanks

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, the shortcut to reading it all guide is here:

rthib

TUG Member
Reaction score
I give you the official Marriott Version -
"Legacy weeks are dead, you can never trade into anything, You must buy trust points now or none of the cool kids will like you."

Or read the TUG FAQ which has real info

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a Membership/Owners Guide for MVCI legacy weeks owners. I'd like a link or pdf. I'm looking at a resale and want to read up on it. HICV has a great Members' Guide.

Thanks

I think getting information off of TUG may be of better use than anything currently offered by Marriott.

Marriott actively last sold weeks prior to June 21, 2010. After that time they generally only have sold points.

It should be noted that Marriott will still sell someone a week, but ONLY if you really persist in going that route. All the sales offices do have a list of available resale weeks, but they won't go that route unless the customer insists. The sales people always prefer to sell points (I think the sales commissions may be greater by selling points).

Last edited:

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should be noted that Marriott will still sell someone a week, but ONLY if you really persist in going that route. All the sales offices do have a list of available resale weeks, but they won't go that route unless the customer insists. The sales people always prefer to sell points (I think the sales commissions may be greater by selling points).

They offered me a week with no points while I was at Shadow Ridge. Unenrolled, but could be enrolled later. That was new to me in the USA. But 10k for Willow Ridge? No

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They offered me a week with no points while I was at Shadow Ridge. Unenrolled, but could be enrolled later. That was new to me. But 10k for Willow Ridge? No
Theoretically you only have one year after closing to enroll a directly purchased week (by buying a number of DPs equal to or above the week's DP value). Never tested it except insofar as my hybrid purchase was two separate contracts - the week contract closing before the DP contract.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC continue to sell weeks in Europe.
We continue to get good MVC-MVC Interval trades with our weeks.
MVC have Owner Webinars as “guides” for weeks owners.
We are enrolled owners and this is the slide set I use
There should be a similar one for weeks owners who are not enrolled.
Thanks. That didn't work for me, but I found this: http://img.vacationclubsurvey.com/images/webinar/OwnerWebinar_WeeksReview.pdf

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Theoretically you only have one year after closing to enroll a directly purchased week (by buying a number of DPs equal to or above the week's DP value). Never tested it except insofar as my hybrid purchase was two separate contracts - the week contract closing before the DP contract.
I'm assuming this doesn't apply to resale weeks on the secondary market.

brianfox

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai x3
I'm assuming this doesn't apply to resale weeks on the secondary market.
Weeks purchased today on secondary market are not eligible for enrollment - even if the week you purchase is currently enrolled.