• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott [Maui] Ocean Club

sf7307

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palm Desert Villas II
We have points (and there is availability) for the Marriott Ocean Club old towers in the fall. Last time we were there, we were very disappointed in the room decor, and also the fact that we faced the tennis court (and people were playing very early in the morning).

My questions are, when were the rooms last redone? And is it possible to get a better room (we are "Select" level)?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have points (and there is availability) for the Marriott Ocean Club old towers in the fall. Last time we were there, we were very disappointed in the room decor, and also the fact that we faced the tennis court (and people were playing very early in the morning).

My questions are, when were the rooms last redone? And is it possible to get a better room (we are "Select" level)?
Other than reserving a view that eliminates some of the negatives, I'm not aware of a way to ensure a better view. I can't speak to when the rooms were redone. Last time we were there in 2018, it was fine.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club

We were just there in February 2021 in the old towers and I didn't notice anything about the decor that I did not like - a lot. And I am picky; just ask DH.

mike2200

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were there on March 12th till the 27th decor was fine updated recently, as they always do. Only way to avoid seeing the tennis court for sure is booking an ocean view, ask for upper floor in Lanai or Molokai towers. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Loved our stay just two weeks ago. No issues at all. We had an island view. Beautiful.

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
All other criteria being equal(i.e., other Point Reservations), Maui Room Control gives priority to the date the reservation is made.

Given the limited OF units, I'd book OV at this point in time. Some awesome OV rooms, particularly once above Floor 4-5.

If you haven't seen it, the center column of this graphic will let you know what the view possibilities are:

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
We just returned and both our villas were very nice. We had Island/Garden view and I requested Molokai building low floor. We had one room facing the pool area on the lobby level and 1 room facing the Napili building on the ground floor. If I'm not getting an OV or OF, I prefer to be on the bottom two floors so I can just walk out to the pool/beach.