• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Maui Ocean Club newest offer

taffy19

Reaction score
Two bedroom oceanfront villas now available every other year plus some more text.

1-800-638-8148. Just in case someone is interested. ;)

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone Know What Prices Marriott is Quoting?

Emmy: Do you know at what prices Marriott is offering these EOY units?

taffy19

Reaction score
No, you have to call but they give you a discount of $1,000 of the current developer prices. It also says that inventory is limited. I would call them. I would love to buy that fourth week as it was still there but we can't afford it so will rent that week from an owner gladly. :)

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Floating?

Yes, they are as they show the new Napili tower.

It doesn't indicate if it's floating or fixed. If it is for the floating units, it should be for both Napili and Lahaina buildings. If they are for the fixed units, it would be for one or both.

Guess someone will have to call to get the details.

taffy19

Reaction score
Gary, I haven't called but I know that the Lahaina tower still had some fixed weeks available the last time we were there but they don't seem to pitch them in a timeshare presentation. They never mentioned fixed weeks in the Lahaina tower to our friends who took a presentation. They only got a price sheet for the floating units at both towers.

I am reading the disclosure statement for the Maui Ocean Club (A Fee Simple Vacation Ownership Program) now and found an interesting clause that I didn't know existed as it was never mentioned during the presentation. Below is the clause and I take it that a fixed week timeshare owner can convert his fixed week to a floating week but will he lose the use of the fixed unit too? This isn't clear to me. I thought he could do the same by depositing the fixed week in II and then exchange to a different week but in a different unit which may not be oceanfront. This is what was explained to me. I wonder if he could keep his unit but convert to floating weeks?

Why would people do this if they paid so much more for a fixed week/unit unless it was bought in a slower period of the year and they paid less than the floating units? Then, it would be to their advantage but the Marriott may not permit it by the program rules? The contract is very difficult to read and I haven't even looked at the "Governing Documents of the Maui Ocean Club of at least 300 pages! You really need an attorney to help you understand the contract.
By recording a declaration stating the recording information of the First Deed by which the Developer transferred the Ownership Interest and providing a recorded copy of that declaration to the Program Operator, an Owner may declare that his Fixed Time Rights are permanently converted to Floating Time Rights. If he does so, the Owner must then reserve and confirm a Use Period on the same basis as Owners with Floating Time Rights. If then permitted by the Program Rules, an Owner with Fixed Time Rights may also temporarily convert to Floating Time Rights for any Use Year by following the procedure described in the Program Rules. In addition, the Developer at its sole option, may temporarily or permanently convert or surrender its Fixed Time Rights for any Use Year or all remaining Use Years, and be treated as if it had Floating Time Rights by giving written notice to the Program Operator of its intent to surrender."​
Lawlar, did you read this paragraph and how do you interpret it?

Last edited:

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
how do you interpret it?
Having none of the other related doucments to refer to, I interpret this clause as meaning the folloiwng:

1. You have a right to convert your fixed week permanently to a floating week (not sure what season you would be in).

2. You can ask to temporarily (ie. per season) be given a floating week if the existing rules allow it, and you follow those rules.

3. Developer can do any or all of the above at its own discretion (big surprise).

As to why one might choose #1, there could be a multitude of reasons: for example they have a Christmas week and coverted to another religion, or they no longer want to celebrate July 4th, or can no longer stand the spring break crowds?

taffy19

Reaction score
Having none of the other related doucments to refer to, I interpret this clause as meaning the folloiwng:

1. You have a right to convert your fixed week permanently to a floating week (not sure what season you would be in).

2. You can ask to temporarily (ie. per season) be given a floating week if the existing rules allow it, and you follow those rules.

3. Developer can do any or all of the above at its own discretion (big surprise).

As to why one might choose #1, there could be a multitude of reasons: for example they have a Christmas week and coverted to another religion, or they no longer want to celebrate July 4th, or can no longer stand the spring break crowds?

Can't you accomplish the same with II or the new Marriott internal exchange system once it is introduced? Why would someone pay around $100,000 for a platinum plus week and then convert it to a floating week some other time of year that goes around $74,000. That doesn't make sense.

Lawlar may understand this paragraph better than I or I can ask the Marriott sales department myself. No way am I interested anyway as we like fixed time and a fixed unit so we can stay multiple weeks in February and March. That's the season we like because of the weather and whales.

Last edited: