• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Maui - 7 weeks straight, making us move week 4

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Maui (all MM1, all 2 br) has our reservations for 7 weeks straight, technically 4 consecutive weeks , then 3 Consecutive weeks straight with week 5 starting 1 day before week 4 checkout. In theory they could keep us in same villa all 7 weeks, but front desk just told me they will make us move week 4 since different room category. At least that’s what they are saying now.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It is possible that you are overlapping someone's fixed week fixed unit reservation?

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's a different category it is always or nearly always a move. Happened to us years ago at KoOlina both 2 bedroom, but one with a lock off (two entrance doors) and one with only the one front door. With research, I discovered it was my mistake when I booked it. Haven't made that mistake again!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anything’s possible. But the code has our first week in the 2br portion of 3 br lockoff in Lahaina building but earlier this week they told me they’re putting everyone in napili building. So obviously some flexibility. On the other hand, week 2 & 3 were OV & GV, but now our reservation in bonvoy app says first 3 weeks OF, so someone changed our week 2 & 3 different from II code. I’m not complaining, simply reporting what’s happening. So on one hand our view category assigned was upgraded for weeks 2-3 to OF yet they’re stating we have to move to our view category week 4. So seems inconsistent. We will see what really happens. I’d be bummed if homeless from checkout to check-in, really?

Lv2Trvl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha. Are you there now? They are probably shuffling the deck preparing for increased arrivals as things are starting to open up. Maybe...

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Aloha. Are you there now? They are probably shuffling the deck preparing for increased arrivals as things are starting to open up. Maybe...

No, checking in this weekend, if plane actually gets there.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I suspect they gave you OF to get you a better view, but the unit you are going to be in is fixed week/unit and by week 4, they expect the owner to be there. Or at least the reservation isn't cancelled yet.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
My 3 Waiohai weeks were coded OV, IV, IV in II, but after the first "bad" OV week I noticed the second and third weeks changed to OV on the Bonvoy website, and they moved us to much better OV for the next 2 weeks. The resort was empty, so all II codes mean nothing.

You will likely be put into OF and will not have to move. They are telling you now you will have to move, but if the resort remains empty by week 4, they will likely let you stay.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we knew that. If we stay entire 7 weeks it’ll be worth it?
My 3 Waiohai weeks were coded OV, IV, IV in II, but after the first "bad" OV week I noticed the second and third weeks changed to OV on the Bonvoy website, and they moved us to much better OV for the next 2 weeks. The resort was empty, so all II codes mean nothing.

You will likely be put into OF and will not have to move. They are telling you now you will have to move, but if the resort remains empty by week 4, they will likely let you stay.
I sure hope so!! I like your thinking. Although I know II codes don’t guarantee anything, I entered reservation #s in Marriott account and ALL our reservations are registered with Marriott. So our bonvoy app shows mostly OF. II code didn’t have OF weeks 2-3 but a couple days ago they did change to OF. Maybe (?) Titanium status helped? Anyways, very thankful for at least 1st 3 weeks OF.

Last edited:

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Yes, we knew that. If we stay entire 7 weeks it’ll be worth it?
I think that it is great (if I understood correctly) that you have your first 2 weeks in an ocean front. That should help with your quarantine. When you travel from the airport to the timeshare, are yo allowed to stop at Costco and pick up vital supplies? (e.g. Rum and Mai Tai mix)?

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I think that it is great (if I understood correctly) that you have your first 2 weeks in an ocean front. That should help with your quarantine. When you travel from the airport to the timeshare, are yo allowed to stop at Costco and pick up vital supplies? (e.g. Rum and Mai Tai mix)?

No, that is not allowed.

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
No, that is not allowed.

Wow, how are going to survive? Where can you get food if you’re locked away somewhere? I’m pretty much done with my biannual trips to Hawaii. The unwelcoming position through all this was too severe for my tastes. I can’t get that message out of my head when I think of Hawaii and its people. Just my opinion, so don’t get nasty. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Wow, how are going to survive? Where can you get food if you’re locked away somewhere? I’m pretty much done with my biannual trips to Hawaii. The unwelcoming position through all this was too severe for my tastes. I can’t get that message out of my head when I think of Hawaii and its people. Just my opinion, so don’t get nasty. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quarantine doesn’t make sense if they let you do that. You would have to use a delivery service. The Governor will be making an announcement next week how International and Mainland travel will be opened up next week.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
A few weeks back a couple tried that when they arrived on Kauai. They were arrested.
https://www.kitv.com/story/41997674/kpd-arrest-couple-for-violating-14day-quarantine

Also, don't go out and then take selfies and post them on social media. That will also get you arrested.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/man-hawai...d-breaking-quarantine-rules/story?id=70720638

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Geez, I don't even want to think of how crazy this all is.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I sure hope so!! I like your thinking. Although I know II codes don’t guarantee anything, I entered reservation #s in Marriott account and ALL our reservations are registered with Marriott. So our bonvoy app shows mostly OF. II code didn’t have OF weeks 2-3 but a couple days ago they did change to OF. Maybe (?) Titanium status helped? Anyways, very thankful for at least 1st 3 weeks OF.

Having that OF view will be nice, especially since you will be in quarantine. I am envious as we had to cancel our OF visit later this month. I look forward to pictures and will live vicariously through you. Enjoy!

Best regards.

Mike

mj2vacation

Reaction score
I wonder if it has anything to do with residency vs transient accommodations.

I know Disney will make you move an RV out of their campground after 3 or four weeks. You can have another site, but you have to move.

back in 2009-2011, many of the lower priced motels that let people live there got into trouble once they let them stay for more than a month. They could not just kick them out. They had to go to landlord tenant court to evict them.

there is a scene in The Florida Project that depicts this. It’s a great movie.

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott Maui (all MM1, all 2 br) has our reservations for 7 weeks straight, technically 4 consecutive weeks , then 3 Consecutive weeks straight with week 5 starting 1 day before week 4 checkout.

I've just posted in Sightings, some additional later July and early Aug weeks at MM1

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a wedding to go to so the most we could extend is 1 week, and I’ve thought about it. Thanks for the sighting .